Windows 10: Windows 10 General Help Needed!

Discus and support Windows 10 General Help Needed! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Windows 10 and have had nothing but problems with it. I hated Windows 8 with a passion but I'd rather have that back over this buggy OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Killamasta, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 General Help Needed!

Hi, I installed Windows 10 and have had nothing but problems with it. I hated Windows 8 with a passion but I'd rather have that back over this buggy OS that is constantly causing issues.

I have a pretty long list of issues and as more pop up/get solved i'll update my list if I get help Windows 10 General Help Needed! :)

-I don't have any icons on my desktop. This happens VERY frequently, nearly every time I log in. I'd say in the last week (and I get on my laptop daily) I have actually had my icons maybe 3 or 4 times, sometimes I have them for seconds some times hours.
    -Google Chrome has not opened correctly since day 1. It always takes an hour or so to open, sometimes I get it where itll open right away but usually it won't.
    -I constantly get notifications telling me about updates to Adobe but I've done the update already yet still it pops up.
    -Often times my desktop will lag for a few seconds then if I move my cursor down to my task bar it freezes up and I have to click on it a few times then it will refresh, but this also causes (im a big gamer) problems in my game where I can't get the taskbar off my screen, it's constantly over the bottom of my screen and, as you can probably imagine, in game that's a problem if I click the bottom of my screen often.

I know I have more problems than this, I just can't think of any other's at the moment (not the most sober right now *Cool ) Thank you SOOO much anyone that can help.

:)

Killamasta, Feb 13, 2016

2. printer help needed

X4875 printer connected with USB cable.

Win 10 shows it as a USB disk drive, drive J (with printer icon).

I reinstalled drivers twice, same problem "No Communication with printer".

printer help needed, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Upgrade to 10 and hotmail

Hotmail using same user aname and password as before

help needed badly, Feb 13, 2016
  4. Windows 10 General Help Needed!

hTconeM9user, Feb 13, 2016
  5. Killamasta, Feb 13, 2016
  6. Yes you do have to make sure everything else is closed.
    Read them both through first to make sure you understand before you use

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 General Help Needed!

1. Windows 10 General Help Needed! - Similar Threads - General Help Needed

2. Need to view everything as 'General Items'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to view everything as 'General Items': Has Windows 11 yet allowed us to always view files as "General Items" and never view as "Pictures" or "Music" or anything else? Having to change the view again and again just because there might be a picture or sound file added to a directory is slowing me way down. And the...
  3. Need to view everything as 'General Items'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to view everything as 'General Items': Has Windows 11 yet allowed us to always view files as "General Items" and never view as "Pictures" or "Music" or anything else? Having to change the view again and again just because there might be a picture or sound file added to a directory is slowing me way down. And the...
  4. Need help with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with Windows 10: Previous question that was asked "Assistance with C55-B5299" will remain there in case I need to do an install of Windows 8.1------------I have the same laptop, with installing Windows 10 on USB. However, it is just not working and with the USB it is going into the setup,...
  5. Need help with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with windows 10: My laptops service for windows10 has expired. What should I do in order to receive the updates needed to run effectively? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-10/5ce4cdd6-4446-4490-88d6-d3a815fbd75a
  6. Help needed in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed in windows 10: submitted by /u/Ninja0981213 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kalsf5/help_needed_in_windows_10/
  7. General Ping Failure help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    General Ping Failure help: [ATTACH] So, for some reason I can't ping my default gateway... I have tried these cmd commands: netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset Tried to turn off all firewalls, and when I type the default gateway in a webbrowser I just get "Your Internet...
  8. Help needed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help needed - Windows 10: Hello, Recently when I transfer files from laptop to USB the progress bar doesn't show up, so I pretty much have to leave it in extra long to ensure it is complete, don't know what could have caused this. Thanks. 39088
  9. General Windows 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    General Windows 10 Questions: Since new to Windows 10 I have some general questions. I backed up the "User" accounts folder (mine & my wife's) on an external hard drive before I upgraded from 64 bit Windows 7 to 10. 1. Don't quite understand why there is both a "This PC" & Local Disk C. Both seem to...
  10. General help needed Micro sd storage

in Windows 10 Support
    General help needed Micro sd storage: Hi all, I'm new to the forums, been lurking a while though. I have a NextBook Flexx10 with Bing that I upgraded to Windows 10 the first day I got it. Here's my configuration... I am using a Sandisk ultra plus micro SD card mapped to a folder on the C: drive, treating the...