Windows 10: Windows 10 gets slow or freezes when left idle

Discus and support Windows 10 gets slow or freezes when left idle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all i'm new to this (old account but didn't post that much) forum and i have a problem with my desktop pc So i have Windows 10 Insider Preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by franci96, Dec 21, 2016.

1. franci96 Win User

Windows 10 gets slow or freezes when left idle

Hi all i'm new to this (old account but didn't post that much) forum and i have a problem with my desktop pc

So i have Windows 10 Insider Preview (14986) and yes i know that windows insider builds have problems and shouldn't be installed as a standard operating system but i can't go back i have too much stuff installed.

And now let's go to my problem : Every time when i leave the computer and do nothing on it when i come back the mouse lags and the user interface freezes also opening the explorer takes a little bit long & opening folders makes my Computer freeze sometimes. The other problem is the Computer also freezes in games and i know that it is the Computer who freezes and not the games (Dark Souls 3 & Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare) and i have to close them with the task manager then. The games itself run perfect i have a strong GPU.

What i already did :

sfc /scannow and DISM both are showing no errors.

So does somebody know a fix for this ? Or does somebody have the same problems with the 14986 Insider Build ?

Thanks for the future help and sorry for my bad english it's not my native language. *Smile

I forgot to add that my Event Viewer shows 3 errors which don't stop (Perflib, PerfNet, ESENT) i have attached 3 photos to the errors.

Edit : Dark Souls 3 freeze'd again and i could get an error report with the program WhatIsHang i will attach the txt file.

Windows 10 gets slow or freezes when left idle [​IMG]

:)

franci96, Dec 21, 2016

2. pc freezes when left idle

tried chkdisk. came out clean

mayank deshpande, Dec 21, 2016
  3. pc freezes when left idle

The pc freezes when left idle. Even the mouse wouldn't move. Looked at event viewer, nothing looks abnormal in it. It's definitely not hard drive because I recently replaced it with a new one. Does anyone have a solution to this?

mayank deshpande, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

I would update your network interface drivers and your motherboard chipset drivers as well.

Railtech, Dec 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 gets slow or freezes when left idle - Similar Threads - gets slow freezes

2. Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle: My PC has randomly started freezing when left idle overnight. Ive tried doing a clean install of windows and updated the motherboard bios but no success. Im at a loss trying to figure this one out. Here are my specs CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.7GHz...
  3. Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Randomly Freezing when left Idle: My PC has randomly started freezing when left idle overnight. Ive tried doing a clean install of windows and updated the motherboard bios but no success. Im at a loss trying to figure this one out. Here are my specs CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.7GHz...
  4. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  5. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  6. Computer FULL FREEZING only when left idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer FULL FREEZING only when left idle.: Hello, i would appreciate any help this is driving me crazy! I recently updated my bios with a flashdrive containing the update from MSI's website and this completely messed my computer up. First it wouldn't even boot up windows. (I fixed this by changing my boot priority...
  7. PC getting freezed when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC getting freezed when idle: this is random, not usual My windows 1909 What's the actual reason for such random freezing, submitted by /u/hard2resist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgm3q2/pc_getting_freezed_when_idle/
  8. Windows 10 keeps freezing when left idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps freezing when left idle: Whenever I walk away from my computer (or even while I'm using it, and just haven't moved the mouse for a few minutes like when watching videos) for just a few minutes, the computer totally freezes. No mouse movement, no input, nothing. I have to hard reset every time this...
  9. Windows freezes when left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes when left idle: Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709...
  10. Windows hard freezing when left idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hard freezing when left idle.: Edit: Fixed. Turns out it was a bad/corrupted file in one of my games that was freezing the defrag process. It was slipping past the scans and the game in question was running perfectly fine. There's a more detailed explanation on page 3 of the thread. What the title says....