Windows 10: Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

Discus and support Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started a job here at a local IT company. Customer brought in a Windows 10 HP pavilion all in one, model number 22-a113w, saying that the DVD drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Straitsfan, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

I started a job here at a local IT company. Customer brought in a Windows 10 HP pavilion all in one, model number 22-a113w, saying that the DVD drive wouldn't even spin up. He had downloaded a real player update and DVD burner software update, which he later uninstalled.

I put in a test DVD and it spins up. But when I eject the dvd I get an error message saying that "There was an error ejecting the DVD. Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what the problem could be, since i'm new to windows having my experience with os X.

:)

Straitsfan, Nov 8, 2016

2. windows media player error messages

Window Media Player on Windows 10 error message:" Cannot rip some of the files on DV..." and ejects DVD. Why does this happen?

PaulFilotas, Nov 8, 2016
  3. dhnj Win User
    I get "Insert a Disc" message & DVD Media is ejected when DVD drive contains a DVD Media.

I get "Insert a Disc" message & DVD Media is ejected when DVD drive contains a DVD Media.

dhnj, Nov 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

Hi, I assume you're ejecting the drive by rt clicking it and clicking Eject.

You could try uninstalling the driver, restarting the PC to let the driver reinstall. (Windows provides the driver).

By the way, does autoplay work- you may see a notification when you insert a DVD, if enabled, and possibly different actions depending on how autoplay is configured.

Could be a faulty unit.

Check you don't have anything mounted with that drive letter (probably unlikely).

Try with a blank DVD/Windows installation DVD for example.

And research the exact error message-
    "An error occurred while ejecting"

dalchina, Nov 8, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Some keyboards have an Eject key to do the job, maybe that is a problem?

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD

1. Windows 10 -- getting error message when ejecting DVD - Similar Threads - getting error message

2. I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.: I need to eject my external SSD from windows 11. When I use the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" button I get a message saying "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." How do I know what...
  3. I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.: I need to eject my external SSD from windows 11. When I use the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" button I get a message saying "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." How do I know what...
  4. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops": Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the...
  5. DVD Drive won't eject manually !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Drive won't eject manually !: I have not used my DVD drive for awhile on Windows 10. Today I could not open the drive with the manual button to put my disc in. I had to click the DVD drive in the menu and it then opened. After playing the CD, again it would not eject with the manual button I had to right...
  6. DVD drive not ejecting

DVD drive not ejecting: I was watching video on friday night by inserting the dvd into my dvd player. It was my fav old movie. But today I realised I have left that in dvd drive. Today i thought to get it outside. But its not ejecting for some good reason....
  7. Dell Laptop does not eject DVD

Dell Laptop does not eject DVD: I was duplicating a DVD of my pictures. When done I could not eject the disk. Disks completed burn and said ready for removal. System has all current updates. Driver worked fine yesterday....
  8. Getting a dvd to eject

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a dvd to eject: I put in a dvd and now I am unable to get it to eject, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-a-dvd-to-eject/a1f9197e-dbe8-4911-8463-0b1366dedc29
  9. An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you try to eject a CD or DVD you see a message – An error occurred while ejecting DVD RW Drive, then this post offers some suggestions that may help you resolve the problem. It mainly happens due to [...] This post An error occurred while ejecting DVD...
  10. DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button

DVD Reader not ejecting when pressing it's button: As title says, but it does eject if I tell it to through Windows File Explorer and it does read and write discs, and seems to be working normally. Been trying to fiddle with its cable too. Is this just a hardware failure? Have done some diagnostics too through Windows. 90057

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error ejecting cd in windows 10

2. windows 10 an error occurred ejecting cd

3. an error occurred while ejecting dvd