Windows 10: Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some strange reason Windows 10 is unable to detect Active 3D gaming sessions on the computer. The system goes into idle states (lock screen/turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Flickspeed, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming

For some strange reason Windows 10 is unable to detect Active 3D gaming sessions on the computer. The system goes into idle states (lock screen/turn off monitor/sleep) and only if the mouse or keyboard is not used during the gaming session. Checked with different game titles.

On the other hand the system does properly detect multimedia states, for example playing a video on youtube will prevent the idle timers from activating.

Not sure who to blame AMD or Microsoft.

Using Crimson Relive 16.12.2 Drivers.

:)

Flickspeed, Jan 1, 2017

2. Task Scheduler runs at time, not on idle.

I've set up a task to run an Exe file at 23 o'clock at night. I've also set up a trigger on this task to run it when the computer is idle.

The task starts at 23 o'clock just fine. (With the start on schedule trigger.) Also, when I start the computer manually, then move the mouse a little to simulate a user when started up and then leave it, it starts when the computer turns idle. All fine here....

The problem is, the task won't run when I turn on the computer remotely with WOL. It boots up, logs in automatically. (No password set) Then, it just sits there and the task isn't started.

Any ideas on what can go wrong? Thanks for your help!

Additional info:

- Trigger is: On Idle.

- The task is run as SYSTEM and Hidden, configured for windows 10.

- Checked for processes preventing computer ot go idle with Powercfg /requests.

- Run with highest privileges is off.

- Start only if idle for: 1 minute.

- Wait for idle for: Do not wait:

- Stop if the computer ceases to be idle: On

- Restart if the idle state resumes: On

- Start the task only if the power is on: Off

Jadministrator, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 annoying brief blue spin circle next to mouse

Hi,

For how long is this blue spinning circle displayed? When you let the system idle, how long do you let be in idle state? Does the system gets locked in this idle time?

Do you have any Windows store apps when you leave the PC idle?

From what you have described, it appears that the PC is showing this loading circle when resuming any suspended apps. Most of the Windows store apps might go to suspended state to prevent less usage of resources. So when you move the cursor after leaving
    the PC idle for some time, you may see this blue circle. If the circle is displayed for a long time, then it is possible that some other background process is not responding in a timely manner. Please get back to us with the above requested information so
    that we can help you accordingly.

Bennet Martin, Jan 1, 2017
  4. Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming

Welcome to the TenForums.

I take from your second sentence that you are using a Gamepad type device. I would start there. Lots of hits on web about gamepad not keeping computer awake or words to that effect.

Caledon Ken, Jan 1, 2017
  5. Well it shouldn't even matter what I am using, I can be watching a stream through the game without using any controller what so ever and in that scenario the system shouldn't be going to idle states simply because a 3D session is running and should prevent that. The system should not be going into idle states even if I am simply idling in the main menu of a game. That is how it always is when it all works right.

Flickspeed, Jan 1, 2017
  6. Agree. Did this start recently?

Caledon Ken, Jan 1, 2017
  7. I switched to Win 10 and also switched my Video Card from nVidia to AMD. It was like that from the start after the switch. Prior I had nvidia on Win 7. Worked as intended.

Flickspeed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming

1. Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming - Similar Threads - going idle state

2. Windows 11 crash when going idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crash when going idle.: Hello here,I have a Dell Inspiron 5510 that I often find crashing, mostly when going idle. I tried exploring the dump file but I must admit I'm at a loss there and asking for your wisdom.It's been like that since getting the laptop one year ago.Every dmp file indicate an...
  3. Windows 11 crash when going idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crash when going idle.: Hello here,I have a Dell Inspiron 5510 that I often find crashing, mostly when going idle. I tried exploring the dump file but I must admit I'm at a loss there and asking for your wisdom.It's been like that since getting the laptop one year ago.Every dmp file indicate an...
  4. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle: My laptop would go to sleep after the fullscreen video ended. but now somehow it's not going to sleep, the screen timeout is working though.The screen would go to black but it would not go to sleep.Can you help me please...
  5. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle: My laptop would go to sleep after the fullscreen video ended. but now somehow it's not going to sleep, the screen timeout is working though.The screen would go to black but it would not go to sleep.Can you help me please...
  6. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Windows 10 kernel power error when gaming or idling in game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 kernel power error when gaming or idling in game.: Hi ever since i changed the mobo, cpu and ram i have had kernel power issues. Motherboard: Asus prime B550 CPU Amd ryzen 3600 Gpu Gainward gtx 1060 6gb Ram Corsair vengance pro 16 gb 3600mhz At first i thought it was the hdd, since when i had it plugged in the error happened...
  8. Windows 10 "idle state" while booting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 "idle state" while booting: I reset my Dell Inspiron 14 N4050 a few weeks back because of some weird OS issues, and after that the laptop seems to be in an idle state while booting, meaning that the laptop's SSD keeps making slight beeps for a minute or so at regular intervals. It used to happen before...
  9. Windows suddenly not going idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows suddenly not going idle: Since about a week or so my PC has suddenly stopped going idle. Skype never shows away, computer will not sleep. Windows 10 version 1803. I have checked powercfg -request and although initially the mic device was being kept open by Cortana I disabled Cortana so that is no...
  10. Windows 10 Lockscreen Appears When I'm Typing (non-idle state)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Lockscreen Appears When I'm Typing (non-idle state): Here's an interesting one: over the past few days I will be sitting at my machine working, and the lock screen will appear on my primary monitor. As soon as I log back in, I can pick up where I left off but it's disconcerting. I was on the phone with @Kari today, in fact, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 idle gaming