Windows 10: Windows 10 hanging for a while in boot

Discus and support Windows 10 hanging for a while in boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I would like to share this situation over my HP dv6-61xx Laptop which hangs for some time (I can't say how the average time it takes)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shabang, Jan 2, 2016.

1. shabang Win User

Windows 10 hanging for a while in boot

Hello everyone,
    I would like to share this situation over my HP dv6-61xx Laptop which hangs for some time (I can't say how the average time it takes) during boot.
    Every time it stuck on black screen during boot (before get into login screen), with no CPU neither HDD activity . It should boot really fast according to my hardware specification but it won't!

I have latest BIOS updated on my laptop and also just installed a brand new SSD (firmware updated) and it didn't changed the boot time.

My intention is to open this thread in order to publish my situation that can be the same that other users. I didn't find any similar related issue over the internet. So I find very important to start debugging it since now and see how far we can go.

:)

shabang, Jan 2, 2016
  2. zhimin Win User

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE SAMSUNG WIFI CARD PROBLEMS

Windows 10 Hangs on me as well. I got the same RV511, simply not possible to install windows 10. I tried update from windows 8.1, it hangs on restart. I tried boot from windows 10 usb disk, it hangs on start.

I will stick with windows 8.1 then for a while until Samsung or Microsoft solve the problem without asking us to remove the wifi card.

zhimin, Jan 2, 2016
  3. jensen89 Win User
    KB3116908 Failed to Install

After KB3116908 is installed, I restarted my PC and while it was doing windows configuration and preparation, it hangs. I am unable to boot up my windows 10 after that. I needed to use restore point option to boot up my windows 10.

jensen89, Jan 2, 2016
  4. shabang Win User

Figured out AMD driver was causing the boot delay...
    after uninstalling and removing the driver, the computer booted as I never saw before (amazingly fast).
    So, I found this workaround on this AMD thread, concerning disabling ULPS (Ultra Low Power Power State). The thread warns about a possible power increase (which can led to faster battery drain), but it is too early for me to say if it is true.

The workaround is to search every Windows Register Entry containing ULPS (regedit > search) which the value is equal to 1.
    Then we must all those values to 0 (zero).

Then it worked like a charm.
    Even returning from sleep is much faster

Conclusion: AMD driver sucks even on Windows though!

shabang, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 hanging for a while in boot - Similar Threads - hanging while boot

2. windows 10 hangs at boot and shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 hangs at boot and shutdown: please please help me , my computer was just fine but lately it gets stuck on restart or turn off , sometimes it gets alot of time like more than 1 hour , sometimes i have to hard turn it off , i make sure to turn off Wifi before turning it off and i unplug it , please i just...
  3. Windows 10 hangs, while "working on updates "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 hangs, while "working on updates ": My laptop dell latitude e6540, Intel corei5, 4300.2.6 GHz.i have installed windows 10 pro, version 1909. I have tried multiple times to update latest version released in may 202121H1.Download is ok,updating of windows is ok.The next step "working on updates" hangs at 48% on...
  4. PC hangs while Windows boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC hangs while Windows boot?: Good noon. My hardware is a ryzen 2600, a Gigabyte aorus Elite b450 board and a R9 390. every time i try to start the PC, the windows logo is gone, the charger is gone and then nothing happens. Either monitor means no signal or an endless long black picture. Rarely it comes...
  5. Windows 10 hangs on boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 hangs on boot: My toshiba satellite this morning displayed a diognosing message that continues to run, am guessing I’m locked up. How do I return my laptop to normal operation? Step by step please, startin with how to power up in safe mode, assuming that is a starting point to remedy....
  6. Windows 10 hangs on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 hangs on boot: My Windows 10 hangs up if I boot up after a shutdown. I have to reboot at least 3 times before I can enter my password. My interim solution to avoid this annoyance has been to NEVER let the machine go to sleep. However if I get a Windows update or experience a power outage, I...
  7. Windows 10 Hangs in Boot Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hangs in Boot Process: I am not sure how I got here but Win 10 hangs in the boot process. It hangs at the point where the login screen should be appearing. Actually it is the step before that as I don't get the picture. The system goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive. This used to be...
  8. Windows 10 Boot Hang

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot Hang: I start the computer, I see the Asus Splash screen, it goes to the new Windows 10 Load screen with the new flag and the spinning dots..... It freezes. I hit my reset button and it boots fine.... Everytime... why? *Smile 31403
  9. Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs: I need some help. This computer has run fine for about a year with this SSD.. Now, when I boot the computer up it starts to Load Windows 10 but STOPS on the 4 panel Window in the top center of the screen. If I turn the Power Supply switch OFF and then back ON and then...
  10. Windows 10 Boot Hang

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Hang: I have a brand new Dell laptop which had Windows 10 installed. After 2 weeks of use, it started hanging on startup. The 5 dots spin in a circle and then freeze. This happens during regular startup, and it also hangs the same way while loading System Maintenance (the automatic...