Windows 10: Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up

Discus and support Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Please can anyone help, not long purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition pre-installed. Going well until recently has started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 70816Bit, Jan 28, 2018.

1. 70816Bit Win User

Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up

Hi,

Please can anyone help, not long purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition pre-installed. Going well until recently has started to hang, on the e-mail log-in and password page - got another Outlook user to try too; basically the same. I, get the black screen which looks like it's trying to open the desktop and from recollection you get the arrow cursor. I Can get into it via the Safe Mode and all the settings are pretty much as they were out the box.

After looking on the internet and checked a couple of things to troubleshoot - I took in the Device Manager and noticed under Monitor that there was one with a yellow rectangle and exclamation mark under 'Generic PnP Monitor'. I think it's possibly this causing the issue. My question would be as I can only get into the laptop via Safe Mode - and can't get internet access this way. If, I uninstall and re-boot, will this fix this issue i.e it will re-install itself from bootup and will I still get a screen showing as it's a laptop. Apologies, if this is a long thread - this is my first proper dealings with Windows 10 *Think. Thanks

:)

70816Bit, Jan 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 black screen after restart

we started having issues with the black screen after the windows up date last night, every time we use restart we get the windows window and it goes to black screen

now we can do a manual open with power button that shows no black screen and goes to login screen, ****

JamesWatkins84, Jan 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342 Lock Screen background is black.

When I switch on my laptop, the Lock Screen background picture(which I've set on Windows Spotlight) shows only a default picture each time. Which also shows up on the login screen

Now when I lock the laptop the Lock Screen background is completely black, though the windows spotlight image does show up on the login screen. ****? How may I repair this on my side or is there gonna be an update?

Edit: After much research I've come to know that the lock screen on boot up is called the system lock screen, and the login screen after that is the system login screen. The screen that is black is the USER lock screen. Cortana, the clock and everything
    else appears fine on the black screen.

Saurabh Wanivadekar, Jan 28, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. If it works in safe mode then something is running at start causing the problems as a start stop anything running at start

Samuria, Jan 28, 2018
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "I took in the Device Manager and noticed under Monitor that there was one with a yellow rectangle and exclamation mark under 'Generic PnP Monitor'."

R-click 'Uninstall device' then reboot and let Windows reinstall the driver.

mrgeek, Jan 28, 2018
  6. 70816Bit Win User
    Hi,

Apologies for the confusing post above - I should have stated I meant the Lockscreen - Sign-in-Screen. This has worked fine for both mine and the persons' Microsoft Account (It's my Dad's laptop). We can both sign-in to our regular accounts. But, I noted to him the onscreen keyboard, if he ever does get stuck.

After looking at the possibly missing driver scenario the yellow rectangle and exclamation mark under 'Generic PnP Monitor' will always appear even after uninstall and so on. It's then I started digging on the web and looking around the Services Menu - as I've had some peculiar dealings with Windows Apps and installations over the years. Well, it seemed there was something call 'AppReadiness' and I found in Safe Mode and decided to go via 'Ctrl + Alt + Del' on a regular black screen showing to Stop it and it worked. However, temporarily until re-booting. After reading some other peoples posts a lot of others disable it and as this then brings the desktop back in reasonable time.

My question, would be is there any negative effect with disabling this? My Dad is quite keen on the App side of things - like the convenience but I wouldn't want them to stop working. Also, I got a little Dell Web book for travelling at Christmas and it's main purpose is just going to be for Skype and the occasional browsing. Thinking of disabling this on there too as it appears to be a gripe from what I've read with other Windows 10 users.

70816Bit, Feb 1, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    1) Please update the computer specs in the "My Computer" section:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

2) Open the computer or motherboard manufacturers website > enter product or serial number or model > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread

3) Run this log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

4) Download and install the latest version of the HP UEFI diagnostics:
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

5) Power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 key > run the HP UEFI hardware diagnostics loop until failure method overnight and report the results into the thread (number of loops and test results).
    The test is designed to abort if there is any problem. A dead battery will abort the test and the full tests will be incomplete. Once the loop until failure test is complete there are options for component tests. There are component tests that are not included in the loop until failure and only run these if there is a specific problem.
    To turn off the loop until failure testing click the keyboard escape key. View the test results in the BIOS UEFI diagnostic log to confirm the results.

zbook, Feb 1, 2018
  8. 70816Bit Win User

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to update the specifications on here for the machine. Hopefully, you should be able to see them. Unfortunately, I am unable to run the rest of the test as my Dad needs his laptop back at his house, hoping now I have disabled the AppReadiness in Services this should be more promising results. I'll let the forum know otherwise and I'll re-post another thread - fingers crossed *Smile

70816Bit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 hanging, showing black screen after login on Start-up - Similar Threads - hanging showing black

2. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing black screen after start: I normally started my windows 10 pro just how I normally do and it showed that disc check to cancel press any key. I didn't wanted to disk check so I pressed any key and afterwards it is showing black screen. I restarted and this time I allowed to check disk. After 2 stages...
  3. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing black screen after start: I normally started my windows 10 pro just how I normally do and it showed that disc check to cancel press any key. I didn't wanted to disk check so I pressed any key and afterwards it is showing black screen. I restarted and this time I allowed to check disk. After 2 stages...
  4. Showing black screen after start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 black start up login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black start up login screen: Why does windows 11 have a black startup login screen as opposed to windows 10 blue screen can this be changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-black-start-up-login-screen/8c397ccd-0e86-4256-a66e-cdf98833d731
  6. Windows 11 black start up login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black start up login screen: Why does windows 11 have a black startup login screen as opposed to windows 10 blue screen can this be changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-black-start-up-login-screen/8c397ccd-0e86-4256-a66e-cdf98833d731
  7. System hangs on start up, shows black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System hangs on start up, shows black screen: Hello,My laptop is not starting properly. I can see a black screen only. The keyboard also is not working. I need to press the start button for few seconds to force shut down the system. If I start it again after that the system works fine. No issue during the running of the...
  8. SOLVED: Windows 10 start-up hanging @ desktop screen load after login

in Windows 10 Support
    SOLVED: Windows 10 start-up hanging @ desktop screen load after login: I'm trying to remotely troubleshoot a problem that an elderly family member is having with her laptop. After going through airport security on her current trip and the usual x-ray screening, she flew to her destination without incident. But when she arrived at her destination...
  9. Window starts then hangs at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Window starts then hangs at black screen: On another window system. The window starts, but it hangs after the window logo with the little dots swirling in a circle. Then it boots to a black screen and just stops. No error code, nothing at all. I already tried to fix startup repair, sfc /scannow and dism. sfc...
  10. Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!: I keep finding solutions for the issue with a black screen before login or after login and to use the task manager, but my problem is a little different. I can log in using my pin, and press ctrl+alt+dlt to get the option to bring up the task manager. However, when i click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hanging after start

2. windows 10 hanging after login

3. windows 10 hanging on logon black screen