Windows 10: Windows 10 hangs

Discus and support Windows 10 hangs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I thought that the problem was fixed with the Mar 2 release. Before this fix the system either failed to wake up or when it did wake up it would hang.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rac8006, Mar 29, 2016.

1. rac8006 Win User

Windows 10 hangs

I thought that the problem was fixed with the Mar 2 release. Before this fix the system either failed to wake up or when it did wake up it would hang. After the Mar fix. It would wake up when it was supposed to wake up. It did this for about two weeks. Now it has hung every few days. There is no information in the event log. Not even sure from the event log that the system woke up. The system is sitting there with the power light on. After power failing the system. The only entries in the log is that the system failed to shutdown properly.

Any ideas?

RAC
    PS no changes to the system. Other than what Microsoft released.

:)

rac8006, Mar 29, 2016
  2. hangs Win User

Nokia Lumia 920 Hang

Thanks it worked for me too, mine hanged within two days of purchase.

hangs, Mar 29, 2016
  3. zhimin Win User
    WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE SAMSUNG WIFI CARD PROBLEMS

Windows 10 Hangs on me as well. I got the same RV511, simply not possible to install windows 10. I tried update from windows 8.1, it hangs on restart. I tried boot from windows 10 usb disk, it hangs on start.

I will stick with windows 8.1 then for a while until Samsung or Microsoft solve the problem without asking us to remove the wifi card.

zhimin, Mar 29, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 hangs

Hi.
    Have you tried turning off Fast Startup?

simrick, Mar 29, 2016
  5. rac8006 Win User
    Fast Startup if off.

RAC

rac8006, Mar 29, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    This happens during a cold boot?

If the system is hanging, especially during boot, I'm almost for sure your hard disk may be failing.

What do you mean by wake up? Do you mean you have a timer that automatically Wakes the computer at a certain time?

lmaneke, Mar 31, 2016
  7. rac8006 Win User
    What I mean by wake up. Is that I have a scheduled task to wake the computer at a specific time. The disk is not failing. On reboot it always works. Runs for a few boots then hangs again. I've tried to put some log statements in my program that gets run on wake.

RAC

PS does not hang on boot only when woke up by the task scheduler.

rac8006, Mar 31, 2016
  8. rac8006 Win User

Windows 10 hangs

After further analysis it appears that the computer does not enter sleep mode.

RAC

rac8006, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 hangs

1. Windows 10 hangs - Similar Threads - hangs

2. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  3. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  4. Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on...: Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on basic tasks .This windows 11 is outright trash. No help from Microsoft its a supposed downgrade from Windows 10. There windows store doesnt work on a out of box laptop just bad such a shame,...
  5. Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on...

Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on...: Windows 11 new dell g15 5530 laptop doesnt function. 16GB Ram nvidia 4060 hanging on basic tasks .This windows 11 is outright trash. No help from Microsoft its a supposed downgrade from Windows 10. There windows store doesnt work on a out of box laptop just bad such a shame,...
  6. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly: ROG B550F GamingRyzen 3 4100Gigabyte RX570This hang happens anywhere from 10 minutes after boot, to 6 hours after boot. Its bizarre in that everything looks normal, however apps stop fuctioning without "not responding" and windows basically does the same. All windows UI...
  7. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly: ROG B550F GamingRyzen 3 4100Gigabyte RX570This hang happens anywhere from 10 minutes after boot, to 6 hours after boot. Its bizarre in that everything looks normal, however apps stop fuctioning without "not responding" and windows basically does the same. All windows UI...
  8. Bizarre system hang, seems to happen completely randomly

9. Windows 11 hangs after log in whenever GPU is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 hangs after log in whenever GPU is connected.: I recently bought new hardware: Ryzen 7 7800X3D, Asus TUF X670E motherboard and ram, and im using my "old" GPU from my other desktop, an Sapphire RX 590. After installing the OS I noticed that some times the PC would sometimes seem to boot up normally, bet after entering the...
  10. Windows 11 hangs after log in whenever GPU is connected.

Windows 11 hangs after log in whenever GPU is connected.: I recently bought new hardware: Ryzen 7 7800X3D, Asus TUF X670E motherboard and ram, and im using my "old" GPU from my other desktop, an Sapphire RX 590. After installing the OS I noticed that some times the PC would sometimes seem to boot up normally, bet after entering the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BIG-IP windows10 1809 sleep freeze