Windows 10: Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local)

Discus and support Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I have a Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR running Windows 10 (version 1803, OS build 17134.165) and it has only been running for a few short months. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sherjo311, Jul 18, 2018.

1. sherjo311 Win User

Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local)

So, I have a Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR running Windows 10 (version 1803, OS build 17134.165) and it has only been running for a few short months. When playing local video files or streaming video from youtube, I experience short freezes that resolve themselves intermittently during playback. However, these short freezes eventually become a hard freeze, which locks my system up and requires a hard reset to perform again. During the freeze the audio is stuck and plays an electronic buzz until reset. I have updated every driver, performed a chkdsk and sfc /scannow without success in resolving the issue. Here are my systems specs

AMD A12-9720P

RADEON R7

12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G 2.7 GHZ

8GB RAM

64 bit OS

I've been troubleshooting according to questions like these that I have found during Google queries, but without any success decided to ask myself. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

:)

sherjo311, Jul 18, 2018

2. Video Streaming and Local Video Playing problem in Windows 10

I have tried updating my video driver as suggested in the community post yet nothing really worked. Are there any other means to resolve the video playing problem in streaming videos and local videos in windows 10? My laptop is Asus x452e

ArchieSch. P., Jul 18, 2018
  3. 5800 Screen resolution on streaming video

Streaming and local playback are two different things.

There are different "streaming" solutions.

You could try to stream Windows Video (asf?) but I don't think you could get higher resolution.

Streaming is very CPU intensive and hence it may be a hard limit.

You could also look at FLASH video streaming.

el_loco---01, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local)

Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

Hi,
    I was able to resolve the issue by disabling all hardware enhancements for Conexant Smartaudio HD. Here are the steps I took to resolve it, in case someone else runs into the same frustrating problem as I did: Right click on the speaker icon on the lower right hand corner -> Playback Devices -> Disable all hardware enhancements -> OK -> Reboot. That's it!

garfieldltd, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local)

1. Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local) - Similar Threads - hard freezes during

2. PC completely freezes during video playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC completely freezes during video playback: Any time I watch back one of the videos on any of my hard drives the video randomly stops and my PC just freezes up after about 2 mins of watching. sometimes i can close the media player and move the mouse around but nothing will work. Also sometimes i can hit Ctrl Alt Del...
  3. HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Stream 14 Video Playback Horrible: I've had this laptop for about a year now, it was used when I got it so I did a reset and everything worked perfectly fine for about 8 months, every video that would play in any media player would just have horrible playback, it would be so choppy, forcing me to reinstall...
  4. Video playback stutter from local and streamed content

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback stutter from local and streamed content: Hi all Is it actually possible to get completely smooth video playback on Windows 10? I have tried everything. Updated drivers, clean re-install, upgraded GPU from 970 to 1070. Out of desperation I then bought another i7 PC just to see if it was my hardware was at fault...
  5. PC Freezes During All Video Playback (YouTube, Netflix, etc.)

PC Freezes During All Video Playback (YouTube, Netflix, etc.): Okay, so just recently my Windows 10 laptop (Acer Aspire ES 15) has started to freeze a few minutes after I start watching a video, whether it be on YouTube or Netflix. The whole system COMPLETELY freezes (cursor unresponsive, Ctrl+Shift+Esc won't open task manager,...
  6. Issues streaming and playback audio and video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues streaming and playback audio and video: Since about a week I'm having issues with streaming and playback. When I start my laptop, it works fine, but after a (short) while, I cannot playback anything. No YouTube or Souncloud (in the browser), no Spotify (with application), not even local files with Windows Media...
  7. Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and have found 1 very annoying problem, any time a small video plays on a website in any browser my computer completely freezes. I cant move the mouse pres Ctrl, Alt Del. nothign works i have to hard reboot my PC. 1st i...
  8. BSOD/hard freezes during streaming videos, gaming, web browsing, etc.

BSOD/hard freezes during streaming videos, gaming, web browsing, etc.: A friend of mine gifted me with a plethora of new hardware, to the point where I had to buy a new mobo. Did a fresh install of Win10 in the hopes to not run into driver issues and it was solid for about a week. Recently, however crashes have been happening with some...
  9. Video Playback Freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Freezes: Hi all~ When I play videos on my laptop, the picture and audio will freeze after about 15 minutes while the timeline continues to move. If I wait for a minute, the picture will suddenly fast forward, trying to catch up to the timeline, while the audio resumes normally. Once...
  10. Video routinely freezes during playback under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video routinely freezes during playback under Windows 10: When Windows 10 came out, I upgraded to it as soon as it was allowable. I had the following issue immediately after upgrading: * Every 60 seconds the video of any movie (mkv/mp4/avi) seems to freeze for 1-2 secs, but the audio continues just fine while the video then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 netflix video playback locks

2. lenovo ideapad 320 video playback problem

3. video playback freezes windows 10

4. video playback freezes in windows 10,
  5. video playack freezes windows 10,
  6. windows 10 freezes when streaming video,
  7. lenovo ideapad 320 windows 10 freezes on netflix or youtube,
  8. windows 10 freezes during video playback