Windows 10: Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts.

Discus and support Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts. In Indiana, I notice a notification of a Tornado watch a few minutes ago. Don't know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Jul 13, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts.

Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts. In Indiana, I notice a notification of a Tornado watch a few minutes ago. Don't know if that is related to the weather app or if it is related to something else. The weather app has not shown the Tornado watch yet. The Notification was in the same spot you get other notification about windows 10. I wish I took a screenshot.

:)

groze, Jul 13, 2015
  2. lkuhn65 Win User

Cortana Heat Advisories

Viktorija L,

This is a problem with the backend service that is sending the alerts. I do not want to disable weather alerts. What I want it is that I should only be alerted ONCE per weather alert. What has been going on over the course of the past 32 hours is that
    the same weather advisories are alerted repeatedly.

A current case in point: as now (7/18/2015 9:17 AM) I have gotten 3 alerts over the course of the past several hours for a single heat advisory issued by the US National Weather Service Chicago issued From 7/18/2015 4:13:00 AM to 7/18/2015 8:00:00 PM for
    Illinois counties of Boone; De Kalb; DuPage; Kane; Kendall; Lake; Lee; McHenry; Ogle; Will; Winnebago

I suppose that it might be the case that the "friends" over at the National Weather Service has decided they want to keep revising (editing) an existing advisory repeatedly, and Cortana is seeing each edit as a "new" advisory or something like that. I will
    need to monitor the text details of the advisory notice over time to see if that's what is going on here... But this is new, undesirable behavior that has just started within the past few days.

lkuhn65, Jul 13, 2015
  3. NSLC Win User
    Weather in Windows 10 Lock Screen

I had weather details on my PC Windows 10 lock screen.

My computer got a time bomb virus last week. I had to buy a new hard drive.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 set the weather app to my location

set it to give details in the lock screen just like I did before.

This time my weather is not showing up.

I have noticed things are much different than before, its like a whole new OS

There are new things that weren't there before and a few things are not there as before.

How can I get weather in my lock screen?

Or has Microsoft removed that feature recently?

4. Saltgrass Win User

Those are probably coming from either Cortana or the WX App. You may see quite a few.. I am sure you know where to turn those off if need be.

Saltgrass, Jul 13, 2015
  5. I was wondering if we'd get weather notifications. Unfortunately I live in Arizona where there is no weather. *Wink

fracking4oil, Jul 13, 2015
  6. I like idea of getting weather alerts.
    I live in central Florida - we have a lot of weather here.
    But if I "took cover" every time my weather alert clock went off, I'd be spending all my time in the closet (so I just ignore the alert most of the time). *chuckle

CountryBumkin, Jul 13, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Unless you live up in the Blue Range of the White Mountains. . .the weather up there during the summer can change in just a heart beat. . .*Smile

8. BunnyJ New Member

I agree.. it's a great thing..

BunnyJ, Jul 13, 2015
  9. groze Win User
    I would like to know where the settings are for the weather alert, so I can choose which weather alert I want. I think I may have inadvertently disabled all of the weather alerts. I think it is Cortana that does it. I think Cortana has to be turned on even if you can't talk to her. This current build she doesn't understand me, past builds it was fair. I guess weather alert are controlled by Cortana.

@fracking4oil

Don't you get dust storm warnings from the National Weather Service?

groze, Jul 13, 2015
  10. We do, but we haven't had any Haboobs thus far in my area this year; although I am surprised I haven't got any extreme heat warning notifications, because we've definitely had those.

I gather the following is the setting for these alerts?

Windows 10 has a new feature,  just noticed it.  Weather Alerts. [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has a new feature, just noticed it. Weather Alerts. - Similar Threads - has feature noticed

2. Windows Defender - not block anything but just alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - not block anything but just alert: Hi,I am trying to configure Windows Defender on a Machine not connected to the internet, high availability so that it only alerts via EventViewer\WindowsDefender\Oparational when found a threat but doesn't block, delete or quarantine it or otherwise makes the file unusable. I...
  3. I just noticed the new Highlights feature for Search, plus a proper acrylic implementation!...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just noticed the new Highlights feature for Search, plus a proper acrylic implementation!...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mikkel136 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tijcjz/i_just_noticed_the_new_highlights_feature_for/
  4. Weather Feature

Weather Feature: Would someone be kind enough to explain me how does the weather widget functions ? It appeared like a week ago and it displays weather next to the part of the screen that shows battery and wi fi but the location that shows of the weather are of surrounding cities not my own...
  5. New weather thingy

New weather thingy: [IMG] Idk if u guys can see it but why is this new weather thingy so blurry and also y in cloudy is chopped? Is it just my case or it's just badly made? https://preview.redd.it/huya0vrtmg471.png?width=438&format=png&auto=webp&s=02e1d98abf33836c0eba2276a370f76b962866c7...
  6. New Settings notices

in Windows 10 Support
    New Settings notices: I'm not sure when these 2 showed up, but I just noticed them today. [img] I don't use OneDrive & have Updates set the way I want, so how do I remove these notices? 168294
  7. Windows 10 has grown very much... And it's WSL feature is just awesome...

Windows 10 has grown very much... And it's WSL feature is just awesome...: submitted by /u/mdibadkhan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igtvfq/windows_10_has_grown_very_much_and_its_wsl/
  8. Has anyone seen this new feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anyone seen this new feature?: Has anyone seen this new feature Start typing to search, in the Start Menu. If so, how is it enabled? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-seen-this-new-feature/6ff0f171-05df-4c58-abc9-d07770b87353
  9. Potential virus detected - pushgaga.com notice alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential virus detected - pushgaga.com notice alert: My computer has been infected with subject notice alert which pops up continuously. Has any one out there experienced similar situation? I have Windows 10 installed. Kindly advise fix. Thanks....
  10. Alerts to New Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alerts to New Email: When I am working on something it is annoying for the alerts to pop up in the lower right of my screen to tell me some advertiser or other emailer is sending me a msg. How do I turn this feature off?...