Windows 10: Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today!

Discus and support Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, I'm in a mess! Today, my Windows 10 install has gone crazy! It will (eventually) boot to desktop, but immediately gives error about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imacken, Sep 20, 2016.

1. imacken Win User

Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today!

OK, I'm in a mess!
    Today, my Windows 10 install has gone crazy! It will (eventually) boot to desktop, but immediately gives error about 'c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop' is not available.......
    Nothing is working, there are no normal icons on the task bar, it is not validated, I can't type anything in, etc.
    It responds to taps on trackpad, but takes about 2 minutes before anything comes up.
    Can anyone suggest what on earth has happened and how I should start to resolve this?
    Thanks.

:)

imacken, Sep 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 catalyst Control Center Monitor

This has stopped working 5 times today. Also, everytime I download photos from my camera to my PC, they download fine. Reliability Monitor shows Photos.exe stopped working. Today I got some new errors. CLI.exe stopped working and MOM.exe stopped working.
    This Windows 10 is a joke. I also have a Lenovo Laptop that I just upgraded to Windows 10. When it Windows 8.1 it stayed on 10 with never any errors. Since downloading Windows 10, now I get errors. Almost forgot! Windows Store update failed today. I guess
    I'll just quit looking at the Reliabilty Monitor. Internet Explorer also stops responding. I'm using Microsoft Edge as my browser.

What should I do now????????

CharlesSmith085, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Audio Doesnt Work Afteri Installed windows 10

I just upgraded to Windows 10 today, and now my audio has completely stopped working, I have tried fiddling around in settings and troubleshooting, but nothing has worked. I previously had Windows 7.

Can anyone help?

BrendanWig, Sep 20, 2016
  4. VKimov Win User

VKimov, Sep 20, 2016
  5. imacken Win User
    Tried uninstalling updates, didn't work. Tried resetting PC, but got 'There was a problem resetting your PC' error!
    What is happening is that it boots to desktop, and after about 5 minutes, anything using the trackpad is usable. However, the keyboard doesn't work in things like browser search bar, or the Start box, but it is recognised in places like the File Explorer search box, or in Settings search box.
    Also, most of the icons in the bottom right of the task bar, like 'safely remove hardware' etc., are missing.
    Don't know what to do. try making a bootable USB and attempt a repair?

imacken, Sep 20, 2016
  6. imacken Win User
    I'm quite surprised no-one is able to offer any further help here. This forum is usually really quick with help.
    I tried to reinstall Windows, but just got this! Any help at all?

Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today! [​IMG]

imacken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has almost completely stopped working today! - Similar Threads - has almost completely

2. My Audio has completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio has completely stopped working: No matter how many times I uninstall my audio drivers and restart my laptop, my audio refuses to work. However, when I connect headphones, turn my volume to 100%, and play a very loud song, I can hear a very static version of the song. Please someone help!...
  3. My Audio has completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Audio has completely stopped working: No matter how many times I uninstall my audio drivers and restart my laptop, my audio refuses to work. However, when I connect headphones, turn my volume to 100%, and play a very loud song, I can hear a very static version of the song. Please someone help!...
  4. Why has my valid activation key stopped working today?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my valid activation key stopped working today?: My activation key has just stopped working and I now get an 'Acivate Windows' message in the bottom right corner. I have been using my activation key since I built my computer in August this year. When I bought the key I checked it with ShowKeyPlus: Edition: Win 10 RTM...
  5. Windows has stopped working completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has stopped working completely: I'm running Windows 10 on an asus computer and everything was fine for the past several months till i got home today. Suddenly it claims that windows failed to update and takes me to the blue screen with options to fix it. I have restarted the computer, selected to diagnose...
  6. Windows 10 Laptop Almost Completely Unusable

Windows 10 Laptop Almost Completely Unusable: A few days ago, i logged onto my laptop to find that it was in ‘safe mode’ with a black background and i had no sound and couldn’t use the internet. Every other device in my house has perfect internet. I managed to get the computer out of safe mode by using some tricks of...
  7. Almost all windows 10 features stopped working

Almost all windows 10 features stopped working: Hi, i have this issue with my laptop, its a dell inspiron 3537 running windows 10, i cant access any of the following: 1- start menu. 2- settings app. 3. Network connections interface. 4. All windows 10 preinstalled apps 5. Task bar (only shortcuts that i created work)....
  8. Windows 10 Version 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Version 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.: Hi there, I am having a struggle to get Bluetooth working. After troubleshooting for weeks, installing new drivers and buying two different Bluetooth USB units, there has been no luck. I have tried the troubleshooting tool from Microsoft and it tells me: Check Bluetooth radio...
  9. Windows 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 1903 - Bluetooth has completely stopped working.: Hi there, I am having a struggle to get Bluetooth working. After troubleshooting for weeks, installing new drivers and buying two different Bluetooth USB units, there has been no luck. I have tried the troubleshooting tool from Microsoft and it tells me: Check Bluetooth radio...
  10. PC is almost completely unusable today, is this MS recent bug fix???

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is almost completely unusable today, is this MS recent bug fix???: It refused to open a new tab in the browser. It was running way beyond slow. I managed to power down and it claimed going to install updates. then on boot said wait while installing, hit4%, then 100%, it barley manages to finally boot. Everything is unusably slow now....