Windows 10: Windows 10 has completely ruined my Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 has completely ruined my Desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay so my first experience with windows 10 was a free upgrade from 8.1 on my laptop. It upgraded quickly and has worked with no issues, and I quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ehall, Jun 14, 2016.

1. ehall Win User

Windows 10 has completely ruined my Desktop

Okay so my first experience with windows 10 was a free upgrade from 8.1 on my laptop. It upgraded quickly and has worked with no issues, and I quickly fell in love in windows 10's new features and look as I do most of my school and side work on my laptop.

Because of this, I wanted to move my windows 10 onto the new gaming pc I was making out of parts from my old gaming pc. I had a hard drive full of games and what not, but I had decided to buy a new SSD and get a new copy of windows 10 to install on that, and then simply plug in my hard drive and use that for storage and to keep all my old games and what not.

When both arrived, I plugged in the SSD and then proceeded to go through with Windows 10 installation like the instructions told me. I chose to install it on my SSD and the "install" part of it went very smoothly. It hit the point where all the files were downloaded and installed off the Win10 disk and then it restarted so it could boot Win10 for the first time and start the set-up(the part where it asks for the username, password, wifi connection the first time you run Win10). It started up and I began to fill out my username, but then it began to freeze mid set up, forcing me to restart and try again, only to have it freeze again, sometimes farther into the setup, sometimes faster than the previous times.

Eventually I managed to complete the setup, only to have the problem persist. I couldn't do ANYTHING even though I could log in and reach the desktop. Every time I tried to connect to wifi it froze when I began to enter my wifi password. I have searched and read about a hundred other posts trying to find solutions to the issue. I tried them all and none of them seemed to fix the problems.

Feeling frustrated and wanting to just get my gaming pc back, I decided to wipe the SSD and do a clean install, thinking maybe somehow along the way it got messed up the first time. No luck. The second time was even worse, meaning it couldn't even get to the start of the set-up it would just freeze every damn time it showed the windows logo with the swirling dots. I searched the web again to find solutions to this issue, but none of them seemed to correct my issue.

Feeling even more frustrated I said maybe it is the SSD or something. My HDD had an old copy of windows 7 on it, but it was never authenticated so I decided to just buy a new copy of Win10 since I couldn't just upgrade. I decided to try and install Win10 on my HDD after a clean wipe(yeah I would lose all my stuff but most of it could be redownloaded and wasn't work/school related). Tried this, and also no luck.

Beginning to wonder if I just wasted my time and money with Windows 10. I checked all the specs and ran a check to make sure my CPU and desktop was capable of running Win10 and everything checked out so I know it isn't my pc. Anyone else have these issues and know what the solution is? I have tried everything and am losing my patience and desire to even have Win10. Essentially the install portion on the Win10 cd works fine(when I boot from the CD and then follow the install instructions). It's just when it boots from the SSD it freezes constantly, to the point where I can't even get to the set-up stage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

ehall, Jun 14, 2016

2. ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4500 - Driver update on Windows 10

The new july 2015 driver update for WIndows 10 for my HD 4500 series has ruined my resolution and hdmi audio completely on multiple laptops and desktops.. This is very upsetting, im trying to manually hack it for some old drivers from AMD..

SakiSaki541521, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 file history has completely ruined my backup to external drive

Which online backup solution are you using now? Try asking its developers or on its forum what they use to determine which files should be backed up. Do they check the Archive (A) attribute of the files? If so, that's easily set (or unset) using the
    attrib command.

RobertJWin, Jun 14, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Try doing the install with the computer disconnected from the internet. Do not plug in an Ethernet cable, do not connect to the WiFi. Let the install finish with no internet connection. Log in by creating a local account first. See if everything is smooth and if it is then connect to the internet for activation and you can convert the local account created to a Microsoft account login. If everything stays stable for a day or so, to give a chance for all the updates to come through, look in device manager for unknown devices and exclamation points and fix those by updating drivers.

NavyLCDR, Jun 14, 2016
  5. ehall Win User
    Wow! Just did this by completely unplugging my wireless care from my motherboard and it worked perfectly on the first try. So far no freezes and no issues. I am going to download drivers for everything I need, and then connect to the Internet to see if everything stays working! Thanks a ton!!!! *Biggrin

ehall, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has completely ruined my Desktop - Similar Threads - has completely ruined

2. Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.: So a while ago, I updated my laptop from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, this decision took a turn to become a catastrophic disaster. I have tried uninstalling windows 11 update and many other things but nothing has worked in my favor.The problems I am facing - Sometimes when...
  3. Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has completely ruined my laptop.: So a while ago, I updated my laptop from windows 10 to windows 11. Now, this decision took a turn to become a catastrophic disaster. I have tried uninstalling windows 11 update and many other things but nothing has worked in my favor.The problems I am facing - Sometimes when...
  4. HDR ruined my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR ruined my desktop: Ok so this is not the first time I have had this issue but its the first time it has persisted a restore. For some unknown cause, enabling HDR in windows warps all images on my computer. It almost looks like the gamma has been jacked way up. Ok no biggy, just use hdr for...
  5. Windows 10 has ruined my Laptop with Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 has ruined my Laptop with Blue Screens: Hello. I have tried everything already to try and solve the Blue Screen problem that started about a week ago. Tried almost every method. Says UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION on Blue Screen. So, I did a clean install of Windows today and it still happened again. After I had...
  6. Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop: Hello, I own a Toshiba Satellite S50 B-15-F laptop. A few days ago I installed the latest updates, and didn't notice anything in the beginning. After about an hour of use, it crashed. I turned it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and tried to restart it....
  7. Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop

Windows 10 update has completely reset my desktop: After last night's update, all my tiles and settings have gone and it now shows only a few tiles. I know it's a small issue, but does anyone know to to get it back to how it was, without physically putting it all back together from memory?...
  8. Windows 10 1903 update ruined my Laptop completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 update ruined my Laptop completely: I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 i7 Laptop which was working very well until I updated my Windows 10 to the latest 1903 version. I had to switch to Ubuntu LTS to save my Laptop from further damage. Problems I am facing right after 1903 update: 1. The USB ports malfunctioned. 2...
  9. Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(

Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(: Hello, My Laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows 10, however now the thing wont work, it takes forver to login and when it does i get a blank screen, the bottom bar is there but i can't click it, andnothing i do works, i cant acess anything because it tells...
  10. windows 10 has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 has ruined my pc: I bought a pc about 6 months ago with windows 10 pre-installed a couple of days ago I had a boot drive error and had to restart windows to the beginning since then I have had no internet connection and couldn't access anything then all of a sudden my internet icon came to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 has totally ruined my brand new computer