Windows 10: Windows 10 has issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 has issues. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here are some of the problems, inconsistencies, and missing features in Windows 10 We're just days away from Microsoft pushing the button to release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Indianatone, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Windows 10 has issues.

Here are some of the problems, inconsistencies, and missing features in Windows 10

We're just days away from Microsoft pushing the button to release Windows 10 to the masses. On July 29, 2015, the software maker will begin to roll out its new operating system gradually to Windows Insiders, followed by those who reserved a free copy, and those customers who will be purchasing a new Windows PC.

Read the full story @
    Here are some of the problems, inconsistencies, and missing features in Windows 10 | Windows Central

:)

Indianatone, Jul 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 22, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 has issues.

Yes there are still issues, because it is still in trial phase. When released, there will be a group of patches, just like they did with 7, 8, 8.1 when they hit the market.

Even with Linux, you have a huge amount of updates to install. There is no OS out there that does not get updated on or after the release date.

The reason is that the final release candidate has been built since the 1st for 10.

bro67, Jul 22, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok.. just another blog.. no more no less. What he calls issues may not be so for many others.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 22, 2015
  6. TheSchaft Win User
    Interesting that at the bottom, after all the (in my opinion) nit-picking, he says:

"Yes, there are few areas that need to be improved and some missing features, but overall Windows 10 is already looking great. Besides, as I mentioned before, Microsoft is now moving towards offering Windows as a Service. As such, Windows 10 will always be a work in progress, and new improvements and features will roll out regularly..."

For a work in progress, it's pretty darn impressive.

TheSchaft, Jul 22, 2015
  7. I don't get his nitpicking of the menu system. MS never said that all menus within a device and the OS would be exactly the same, just that the menus would be the same across all devices. In other words for example, the Cortana menu will be the same whether you're on Windows Phone or on PC, which is indeed the case.

fracking4oil, Jul 22, 2015
  8. STEVAE Win User

Windows 10 has issues.

agreed!!!!! never understood why some think like this. unifying everything is boring and ridiculous in my opinion. who cares if it is on the right in one thing and on the left in another. thinking that it is the more correct thing to have everything exactly alike is moronic, as far as i'm concerned, and extremely boring. he assumes that everyone has an iq equal to their shoe size, and that everything should be dumbed down for them. but this is a horrific way of thinking, and not progressive at all. things should not be dumbed down for the less savy. instead, the less savvy need to become more savvy.

STEVAE, Jul 22, 2015
  9. Not really the latest build looks complete on my machines. Camera even works now on Windows 7 machine.

orlbuckeye, Jul 22, 2015
  10. magilla Win User
    I agree, there are major issues!. I had about two days of 10240 working very well. Now, suddenly, and beginning yesterday, File Explorer opens, then closes immediately. Both Edge and Internet Explorer keep locking up. I cannot close apps when they are opened. Money app opens and does nothing. These are some examples of what keeps happening now, which were not problems initially following a clean install. I don't know what is happening. The only way to close apps is to go to task manager and close them.

magilla, Jul 22, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Post these issues here and you can be helped in fixing them. I don't have them and many others don't as well.

BunnyJ, Jul 22, 2015
  12. magilla Win User
    I have posted them, yesterday and again this morning.

magilla, Jul 22, 2015
  13. Windows 10 has issues.

If you read some of the feedback in Windows Feedback, it appears a host of new bugs may have been introduced in one of the July "security updates".

fracking4oil, Jul 22, 2015
  14. magilla Win User
    Yes, I know that there are new 'bugs.' Seems like more things are problematic than before the security updates.

magilla, Jul 22, 2015
  15. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

Thema:

Windows 10 has issues.

1. Windows 10 has issues. - Similar Threads - has issues

2. I am trying to log into my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 however it has the issue where it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to log into my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 however it has the issue where it is...: I am trying to log into my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 however it has the issue where it is showing me "New User" I have not made a new user. It also does not allow me to access my other users. It will not allow me to change the password - it needs a drive....
  3. I am trying to log into my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 however it has the issue where it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to log into my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 however it has the issue where it is...: I am trying to log into my Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 however it has the issue where it is showing me "New User" I have not made a new user. It also does not allow me to access my other users. It will not allow me to change the password - it needs a drive....
  4. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  5. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  6. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. hello. My ASUS vivobook X515JA has started facing some fps issues, when i watch youtube...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello. My ASUS vivobook X515JA has started facing some fps issues, when i watch youtube...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.20 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.74 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 23H2...
  8. hello. My ASUS vivobook X515JA has started facing some fps issues, when i watch youtube...

hello. My ASUS vivobook X515JA has started facing some fps issues, when i watch youtube...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.20 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.74 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 23H2...
  9. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...
  10. Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...

Weird issue about slow shutdown speed. The longer the time that the system has been on, the...: Hi, so recently a weird issue raised up. So if I start my pc and then quickly shut it down really soon, it will take forever for it to shut down. Somehow the longer the time I have the system running, the quicker it shutdown/restart. like if the pc has been turned on for few...