Windows 10: Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold

Discus and support Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Terry Myerson revealed that Microsoft is now approaching 700 million active Windows 10 devices and these 700 million active devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 20, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold

Earlier this year, Terry Myerson revealed that Microsoft is now approaching 700 million active Windows 10 devices and these 700 million active devices include PCs, phones, Xbox consoles and Mixed Reality headsets. It appears that Windows 10 still has not reached 700 million active devices threshold but it’s very close.

“Today, we are now approaching 700 million active Windows 10 users, commercial usage is growing 84% year over year, Xbox One is running a Windows 10 core, Surface is leading PC innovation, HoloLens is bringing breakthroughs to computer vision, our universal Microsoft store enables Xbox GamePass, Azure reserved instances, and Office distribution and the OEM ecosystem is revitalized with profitable growth. Last year, we finished the year with over $8B in operating income from our segment,” Terry Myerson wrote in a post on LinkedIn.

The adoption of Windows 10 has slowed down but it’s likely that the situation will improve in the coming months as Microsoft is testing major improvements for the operating system.

This is mostly the result of the users not leaving Windows 7 for Windows 10. The transition to Windows 10 is expected to accelerate in the coming months as Windows 7 support will end in January 2020. It’s worth noting that the operating system from 2009 is still popular and the users are not yet ready to give up.

At several occasions, Microsoft suggested that it’s getting closer to 700 million active installs. CEO Satya Nadella revealed during an analyst call that the OS is close to 700 million active installs.

Windows 10 not reaching its full potential is the result of people holding on to Windows 7 and there still are a lot of devices to be upgraded to Windows 10. As noted above, Microsoft will pull the plug on Windows 7 in January 2020 and more devices will be upgraded to Windows 10 as we get closer to this deadline.

Windows 7 is still the world’s number one desktop operating system and Windows 10 is the runner-up, according to NetMarketShare. The switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in the year 2020 should increase the market share of the latest operating system substantially.

According to the third-party data, Windows 7 has a market share of 43 percent and Windows 10 is the runner-up with approximately 34 percent.

The post Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 20, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Oct 16, 2018
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices

Read more: Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices | ZDNet

Brink, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold - Similar Threads - has yet crossed

2. Windows Copilot is now available, but millions of users can't use it yet

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Copilot is now available, but millions of users can't use it yet: Microsoft announced the fourth Moment update for Windows 11 officially on September 26, 2023. The update comes as part of the monthly preview update for the Windows 11 operating system and will be included for all users as part of the October 10, 2023 update for the operating...
  3. KMS Activation threshold

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KMS Activation threshold: I am looking into setting up a KMS server vs using a MAK for a small (<100 clients) offline network of PCs with Win10 and Office 2016. I did a lot of web searching (Bing, obviously) but still have a few questions that I was not able to find answers to that I was hoping...
  4. Windows 10 is Active on 825 Million Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is Active on 825 Million Devices: According to internal documentation viewed by Thurrott.com, Windows 10 is now active on over 825 million devices worldwide. It’s unclear why Microsoft did not divulge this figure at Build. But as part of a recent reorganization, we also have a better understanding now about...
  5. Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone: Windows 10, Microsoft’s new operating system which started its journey in July 2015 has now surpassed 700 million active device threshold. The company’s latest operating system is now running successfully on more than 700 million devices around the globe. When Microsoft...
  6. Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?: I have had a cumulative update but winver build has stayed at 10240 was that it or not? 29369
  7. Windows 10 Now Has 350 Million Active Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Now Has 350 Million Active Users: Microsoft announced two major Windows 10 milestones this morning: There are now over 350 million devices running Windows 10. And the system’s first major and free upgrade, called the Anniversary update, will arrive on August 2. I spoke with Microsoft’s Terry Myerson about...
  8. Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams with Windows 10 Anniversary

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams with Windows 10 Anniversary: On August 2nd, Microsoft released the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 and when the bits arrived on computers around the globe, it brought with it new features and also broke webcams for millions of consumers. If your webcam has stopped functioning since the release of the...
  9. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices: Today, Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing for Windows and Devices, shared some fun Windows 10 facts via Twitter. Check out the full list below! Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 1yksa_z8jU8 19278
  10. Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices: Windows 10 is now on 600 million active monthly devices. That updated figure -- up from 500 million in March 2017 -- is from CEO Satya Nadella, who shared the latest figure during Microsoft's annual shareholders meeting in Bellevue, Wash. on November 29. (Thanks to...