Windows 10: Windows 10 has pointer freeze/lag frequently

Discus and support Windows 10 has pointer freeze/lag frequently in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, This is my first post. Let me first say that I do really like Windows 10. I just did the upgrade from Windows 7, with the option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by creation6d, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Windows 10 has pointer freeze/lag frequently

Hello all,

This is my first post.

Let me first say that I do really like Windows 10. I just did the upgrade from Windows 7, with the option to "keep nothing." So it's all started out fresh. I did the upgrade once before (keeping files and apps), and this pointer lag issue drove me up the wall. Basically, anytime I closed an application off, or did something in the start menu, or even just doing basic things in Google Chrome, the pointer would freeze, and remain immobile, sometimes for two seconds, sometimes for five or ten. This was happening very frequently. So used the option to go back to Windows 7. I figured it was due to me keeping apps and files, so I redid the upgrade with "keep nothing". I did notice that the laptop runs much faster than it did on the previous upgrade try, boots faster, applications open faster, so that's really nice. But the pointer lag is still there. I have tried using the drivers from windows 7 for my laptop, and they install just fine, but nothing has fixed the problem, so I just went back to the Windows 10 drivers. I also tried disabling the visual effects (no transparency, no animated window closings). This sped things up even more, but didn't get rid of the pointer lag. I have tried watching task manager while the lag is going on, and nothing unusual appears to be happening. I also upon reading in this forum disabled the "fast startup" option, as someone said it fixed their issue with mouse freezing. Didn't do anything for me, other than slow down boot-up time.

Anyway, I sure don't want to sound like a complainer. I am very happy fixing things that are broken. If there's any solution to this, that would be greatly appreciated!

:)

creation6d, Aug 27, 2015

2. mouse lags on windows 10

i recently upgraded my HPdv6 to windows 10 and whenever i use the keyboard and then use the touch pad afterwards, the mouse pointer lags/freezes for a couple of seconds. please help me what to do to fix this bug.

renanignacio, Aug 27, 2015
  3. JanieDi Win User
    Systen freezes after installing the latest update on Windows 10

My laptop recently updated and ever since it's been lagging and freezing frequently. Is there a way to fix this?

Original title: Windows 10 Update Creates Issues?

JanieDi, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Windows 10 has pointer freeze/lag frequently

I have the exact same problem with no help or solution to be found.

curryrussell, Sep 8, 2015
  5. If you have a wireless mouse, make sure the mouse is in close distance with the usb receiver. These dont have very long ranges. Get an USB extender if you have to.

ukcatsfan83, Sep 8, 2015
  6. Update: Reinstalled Windows 10 doing a clean install (made SURE that Windows 10 showed activated before doing so), and it doesn't seem to have the problem with lag or freeze of the pointer any more.

I just use the track pad on my laptop, no mouse. Although, interestingly I did try using a wireless mouse with it, and it seemed to be better.

Anyway, I did a clean install of Windows 7, but it wouldn't activate, so I did the clean install of Windows 10, which I still had on a USB drive from the media creation tool. And now, Windows 10 is activated just fine, and runs very fast, faster than 7, and hasn't given me any problems. But after this I will not be upgrading my other computer from 7 to 10 due to two things.

#1. Possible problems with the installation, like I experienced with my laptop.

#2. The SPYING in Windows 10. I have followed all the recommended tweaks, tricks, and settings to disable the spying and data mining, but I am still not convinced that my private data won't be collected from me. Until we can be assured that Microsoft is not gathering private data off of hard drives with this operating system (that will never happen btw), I will not be upgrading my other computer. I do like Windows 10 a lot. Much faster boot time, faster performance than 7 by a seeming 15% or so. But I will be happy with Windows 7 on my main computer.

Anyway, that's my take. Hope this helps someone.

creation6d, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 has pointer freeze/lag frequently

1. Windows 10 has pointer freeze/lag frequently - Similar Threads - has pointer freeze

2. Mouse Pointer and KB frequently freeze on remote machine 2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer and KB frequently freeze on remote machine 2.: I'm running Windows 11 Windows Insider Program and MwB version 2.1.8.0105. I'm using 2 machines. My mouse pointer and KB frequently freeze when working on remote machine 2. I must then move my mouse pointer to machne1. I observe the connection with machine 2 has been dropped....
  3. Mouse Pointer and KB frequently freeze on remote machine 2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer and KB frequently freeze on remote machine 2.: I'm running Windows 11 Windows Insider Program and MwB version 2.1.8.0105. I'm using 2 machines. My mouse pointer and KB frequently freeze when working on remote machine 2. I must then move my mouse pointer to machne1. I observe the connection with machine 2 has been dropped....
  4. My pointer is lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pointer is lagging: Hello, I installed Windows 10 yesterday but my pointer is lagging. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-is-lagging/bc22548e-9d7e-4f8f-aaa0-224582443926
  5. My pointer is lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pointer is lagging: Hello, I installed Windows 10 yesterday but my pointer is lagging. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pointer-is-lagging/bc22548e-9d7e-4f8f-aaa0-224582443926
  6. My pointer is lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Even though we have a touch screen based Windows 10 devices, the mouse remains an important part of usage, especially when you want to do some hardcore work. When using Touch, it’s a bit hard to drag – and when [...] This post Mouse Pointer lags or freezes on...
  8. Windows 10 Freezes Frequently

Windows 10 Freezes Frequently: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home Build 10240 and the last few weeks have been experiencing a lot of freezing. I haven't installed anything that would account for this. I ran Driver Verifier and selected two Realtek drivers. This sent the computer into a boot loop which I...
  9. Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag

Windows 10 mouse pointer lag/general lag: I have a pretty powerful computer, running an i7, nvidia 980 gtx, 16GB ddr3 ram, all on a 1TB SSD. Just upgraded from 8.1 which was extremely smooth and 10 feels LAGGY. The mouse pointer seems to lag and even explorer windows seem to stutter as I drag them around the...
  10. Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse pointer lags and videos lagging: Hi, For the past week, I have noticed that sometimes the youtube videos lags and sometimes even my mouse pointer lags a lot. I am not sure on why this is occuring. I have used CCleaner to clean up the temporary files. I have screenprinted the resource monitor window, if...