Windows 10: Windows 10 Hello camera login failed after latest updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Hello camera login failed after latest updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had to update my Windows following the crashes on my Paintshop Pro x8 and when I tried to login using my IR camera on HP Envy, it said camera not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VarshaSM, Aug 8, 2017.

1. VarshaSM Win User

Windows 10 Hello camera login failed after latest updates

I had to update my Windows following the crashes on my Paintshop Pro x8 and when I tried to login using my IR camera on HP Envy, it said camera not available. Drivers are all to date but it has lost the use of my camera in general. Anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

VarshaSM, Aug 8, 2017
  2. DAG (DG) Win User

Windows Hello Holding Camera Occupied

I am using a Logitech Brio Camera with Windows 10 Pro. Recently after a Brio firmware update and possibly a Windows 10 update, the Windows Hello feature became available. After the setup which was quite easy the login feature worked flawlessly. Unfortunately,
    I discovered that Windows Hello was not giving up the camera after the login. What this meant was that the camera was not usable for a Skype video call. I received a message that the camera was occupied by another program. After trial and error, I recognized
    that following the login feature the camera light on the Brio remained in the on position. While you could see a preview image in the options menu of Skype, the video function failed to work with a video call and given the aforementioned error message. After
    unplugging the camera and logging in without Hello and then plugging the camera back in, all worked fine with Skype and other apps requiring video. Reintroducing the camera for the Hello function, however, resulted in the same outcome described above. I
    disabled the Hello face recognition feature and now the camera works with all other apps.

So, has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix that forces Hello to release the camera function after it has completed the login feature? Would be interested in an answer since the login in feature was very good. However, cannot use if it locks
    up the camera going forward. I guess a workaround is a second camera used for Skype and other apps...not so good. Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve this one.

DAG (DG), Aug 8, 2017
  3. Face recognition stopped working after update

It appears that Windows Hello is nowhere to be found after the update. However, if your camera only fails to work whenever you setup Windows Hello, try uninstalling the camera from
    Device Manager instead and reinstall it to update the driver.

To reinstall, visit HP customer support page and enter the HP model number to download the latest driver.

If all fails, you may roll back to the previous Windows 10 build for the meantime while we look into the issue.

Regards.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 8, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Hello camera login failed after latest updates

Strangely my camera did come on this morning for some reason on my HP Spectre. It has happened about 4 times over the last three months. I just turned it off again and refired it and it was fine. My guess is that it did not load during the fast start up. I normally Hibernate the machine at night but last night shut it down and since I hadn't had my coffee yet I couldn't remember my pin *Shock

Fisher Mann, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Hello camera login failed after latest updates

1. Windows 10 Hello camera login failed after latest updates - Similar Threads - Hello camera login

2. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  3. Cannot Login To Laptop After Latest Windows 10 Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Login To Laptop After Latest Windows 10 Update: Hi all, basically, as the title says. My laptop had yet another several hour long update today and since it finished I can't login. At first I tried signing in the exact same way I have for about 3 years now only to be told my password wasn't correct. So I reset my password...
  4. Cannot Login To Laptop After Latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Login To Laptop After Latest Windows 10 Update: Hi all, basically, as the title says. My laptop had yet another several hour long update today and since it finished I can't login. At first I tried signing in the exact same way I have for about 3 years now only to be told my password wasn't correct. So I reset my password...
  5. Unable to login after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login after latest Windows update: Following last night’s update, I cannot login. When I try to login I have no option to put in my password, when there’s usually an option to do so only a Sign in, and it has me sign into my Microsoft account. When I login, it says something about setting up a Windows Hello...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update: Hi, I use a Kensington Fingerprint Key - USB 066 with Surface Book. After the latest update, the Fingerprint functionality is not working; I get a message "We couldn't get a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I would appreciate if you could...
  7. Difficulty to login after latest Windows 10 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Difficulty to login after latest Windows 10 update: Since the last windows 10 update on 10 Oct 2019 - I'm using windows version 1903 - I am having difficulty to login. After boot, I hit the space bar to bring up the login screen and then enter my login password and hit enter - only one black dot is shown in the login entry...
  8. Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help: Since updating to the latest version of Win10 the Hello app can no longer access the camera and will not work. The camera app works no problem I have run updates on the drivers, tried all the fixes on the forums but nothing seems to work - any suggestions?...
  9. Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Latest Updates Broke Windows Hello Face Login: My system on a Surface Book 2 has just completed the updates to 1) Windows 10 1903 (Build 18352.175), 2) Surface System (4.0.0.0) and 3) Intel drivers (30.15063.6.8611). Between them, they have completely broken Windows Hello Face Login. When I go into the sign-in options,...
  10. Failed booting after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed booting after latest update.: I'm stuck, I downloaded a windows 10 ISO file and placed on a USB drive, I can access the option page but none of the trouble shooting solutions work. I would like to avoid reinstalling, wondering if someone with experience could walk me through some options. Thanks for your...