Windows 10: Windows 10 help page opens every time I boot!

Discus and support Windows 10 help page opens every time I boot! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why? For the last two weeks my computer has opened chrome to the Windows 10 help page every time I've booted it. I have no idea why. It isn't in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sumgie, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Sumgie Win User

Windows 10 help page opens every time I boot!

Why? For the last two weeks my computer has opened chrome to the Windows 10 help page every time I've booted it. I have no idea why. It isn't in the startup list... or listed as a home page in my browser, or anything like that. I've looked everywhere I know to look to figure out why, and can't find anything. Just seems that my computer wants me to get some help with windows 10. The browser closes as you'd expect, but then reopens on the next boot. I haven't noticed any issues with the way it runs during use. It's driving me nuts!

Anyone know why my computer would suddenly start insisting that I have to get some help?

:)

Sumgie, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 help page opens every time I boot! - Similar Threads - help page opens

2. Opens a file every time I start windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opens a file every time I start windows 10: --2021-05-12 16:50:27-- http://kasun/ Resolving kasun... failed: Unknown host. wget: unable to resolve host address `kasun' --2021-05-12 16:50:29-- http://sameera%5Cappdata%5Clocal%5Ctemp%5Cwsar_download.log/ Resolving sameera\appdata\local\temp\wsar_download.log... failed:...
  3. Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot: For the last few months, Windows 10 has been taking an incrementally long time to boot to the Windows loader every time I boot from a full hybernation or shutdown that was performed several hours prior. And I do mean incrementally long. The time it takes for the Dell splash...
  4. Pc bluescreens every time I try to boot, help me!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc bluescreens every time I try to boot, help me!: I left my pc on and left for like 15 mins (it had like blender, photoshop and chrome only opened, I wasn’t rendering or anything it was just idle) and when I came back it was on the troubleshooting screen, so just clicked the continue to windows option and it would just try...
  5. BSOD every time I boot windows, software related. Please help!

BSOD every time I boot windows, software related. Please help!: Gpu: Radeon Rx 5700xt Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x Ram: 16gb DDR4 G.skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 gaming x Psu: Powerspec PSX 860GFM SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1tb Was getting a BSOD as soon as I logged into windows, and then system would restart itself instantly and go...
  6. BSOD Every single time I boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD Every single time I boot: Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 05/08/2020 4:27:41 PM Event ID: 6008 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: NoynYT Description: The previous system shutdown at 4:12:44 pm on...
  7. BSODs every time i cold boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs every time i cold boot: i built a computer with aftermarket parts for intense workloads... but everytime i do a cold boot or turn it off completely, it displays a BSOD from various types 12b,1a, Live kernel 1a1,3b and so on... every time is a different error... the catch here is, once the BSOD...
  8. Every time I boot up...

Every time I boot up...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drums-and-percussian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egd2ot/every_time_i_boot_up/
  9. Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 task manager closes every time I open it.: Today my task manager started closing every time I try to open it. It has an icon in the task tray area for each time I try to open it, but when I open the task tray they all disappear. I used to have a more detailed view but for the brief moment I can see the task manager...
  10. IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

in Browsers and Email
    IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE: I did a clean install of Windows 10 build 10041 x64. Every time I launch IE from my taskbar it opens a second tab, flashes Go Microsoft.com and then opens the IE Technical Preview page. The welcome to the latest version of IE page. I have set my homepage to just Google, reset...