Windows 10: Windows 10 Help

Discus and support Windows 10 Help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I hope I can get some help, I have HP Windows 7, Last summer right before Windows 10 came out I reserved a copy, I downloaded it but didn't install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaLani, May 21, 2016.

1. KaLani Win User

Windows 10 Help

Hi, I hope I can get some help, I have HP Windows 7, Last summer right before Windows 10 came out I reserved a copy, I downloaded it but didn't install it right away, It's been sitting in my downloads since I got the copy, I've been trying to get it installed before the cut off is next month so I don't have to pay for it. But after reviewing my windows update history it has tried to install 47 times, it failed each and every time, yesterday I have tried to get it installed 3 times, all is does is restarts my computer, It says it's ready to be installed, Does anyone know why it won't install, Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

:)

KaLani, May 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, May 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, May 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 Help

Windows update has historically been the least reliable way to upgrade to Windows 10. Downloading the Windows 10 ISO file and extracting it to a USB flash drive has proven to be much more reliable - and if you decide to do a clean install after the upgrade, you already have the Windows 10 installation media created.

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Once you have a USB flash drive created, just insert it with Windows 7 running and run setup.exe from the flash drive from within Windows 7.

It's highly recommended that you make a backup image of your Windows 7 onto an external hard drive before doing the upgrade so you have something to fall back on if it fails and goes badly. Lots of members here, including myself, recommend Macrium Reflect Free for that.

Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, May 21, 2016
  5. KaLani Win User
    Thank you for the reply and for the advice, I don't know how I suppose to do this, I do not have a USB flash drive or a external hard drive..

KaLani, May 29, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Download the ISO file:
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file using a program such as this (Windows 8 and Windows 10 have ISO mounting built in, but Windows 7 requires a third party program):
    How do I mount iso image file in Windows 7?

Run setup.exe from inside Windows 7 on the virtual DVD drive letter that mounting the ISO produces.

If that doesn't work, we can walk you through how to create an empty partition and do a clean install of Windows 10 to it using this method:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

Also, if the computer has a DVD writer drive in it, you can burn the ISO file to a blank DVD and use that.

NavyLCDR, May 29, 2016
  7. KaLani Win User
    Thank you for the help, I was finally able to get it installed last night, Everything seems to be running a lot faster now.

Many thanks,

KaLani, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Help

1. Windows 10 Help - Similar Threads - Help

2. How to solve this problem please help me

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to solve this problem please help me: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-problem-please-help-me/c0c4fb71-ab70-4bad-a2ed-ae8080da9bb0
  3. How to solve this problem please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this problem please help me: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-problem-please-help-me/c0c4fb71-ab70-4bad-a2ed-ae8080da9bb0
  4. How to solve this problem please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt: Hello i used the mbr2gpt and it told me that it was succesful and it said to switch to UEFI.Then i went to the bios and changed 2 options from legacy to UEFI ONLY i chganged storage boot managment option control and other pci devises.But when i saved them i couldnt go to...
  6. i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt

i need help with my bios and mbr2gpt: Hello i used the mbr2gpt and it told me that it was succesful and it said to switch to UEFI.Then i went to the bios and changed 2 options from legacy to UEFI ONLY i chganged storage boot managment option control and other pci devises.But when i saved them i couldnt go to...
  7. Windows help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows help: I recently got a used Alienware aura r6 and when I factory reset it the old user account is still there and when I try to log in it says user account not found and when I try to boot off of a windows 10 USB it doesn't show up in the BIOS unless it's in legacy mode but when I...
  8. Windows help

Windows help: I recently got a used Alienware aura r6 and when I factory reset it the old user account is still there and when I try to log in it says user account not found and when I try to boot off of a windows 10 USB it doesn't show up in the BIOS unless it's in legacy mode but when I...
  9. Windows help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Seeking Help with DPC Watchdog Violation Error Dump Shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Help with DPC Watchdog Violation Error Dump Shared: Every few hours, my computer suddenly freezes, followed by a blue screen showing a "DPC watchdog violation" error after about 10 to 15 seconds. This has been happening lately, and I want to figure out why. Can someone help me find out what's causing this problem? Dump file...