Windows 10: Windows 10 Hidden files cause error

Discus and support Windows 10 Hidden files cause error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was recently doing stuff when i when in to my user folder and made my pc folders all hidden and all sub folders hidden, and now my windows 10 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nam592668, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Nam592668 Win User

Windows 10 Hidden files cause error

I was recently doing stuff when i when in to my user folder and made my pc folders all hidden and all sub folders hidden, and now my windows 10 is bugging out my bottom task bar wont click everything i click makes the mouse into the loading one forever, i cant restore because i click it and it loads forever. i cant do anything does anyone have any clue

:)

Nam592668, Jul 15, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Desktop.ini & thumbs.db

No it will not cause viewing problems, most hidden files are Windows System files and are hidden so the general public do not mess with them or accidentally delete them.

DaveM121, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Small amount of videos missing from computer after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jamie,

As you re unable to find few of the videos after upgrading to Windows 10, the issue might be caused if the files are hidden. I suggest you to unhide the hidden files by following the steps provided below and check if it helps. To unhide the hidden folders,
    follow the steps below:

• Open File/Windows Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Check the box for Hidden Items.

Also, refer the article below for more information:

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-update

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 15, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Try booting to a command prompt and using the attrib command to set the folders attributes.

Command Prompt at Boot - Open in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

ATTRIB [+R | -R] [+A | -A ] [+S | -S] [+H | -H] [+I | -I]
    [drive:][path][filename] [/S [/D] [/L]]

+ Sets an attribute.
    - Clears an attribute.
    R Read-only file attribute.
    A Archive file attribute.
    S System file attribute.
    H Hidden file attribute.
    I Not content indexed file attribute.
    X No scrub file attribute.
    V Integrity attribute.
    [drive:][path][filename] Specifies a file or files for attrib to process.
    /S Processes matching files in the current folder and all subfolders.
    /D Processes folders as well.
    /L Work on the attributes of the Symbolic Link versus the target of the Symbolic Link

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Hidden files cause error - Similar Threads - Hidden files cause

2. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  3. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  4. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hidden Files

Hidden Files: I have followed the directions to show hidden files. I have made no mistake in this. However, some files are still hidden. How do I know this? Because I copied some folders from my computer to an MP3 player and my MP3 player shows a bunch of JPG files that Windows...
  6. Hidden file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden file: Some time ago i had made an antivirus scam but my antivirus could not open and scan a file that was strange to me. The path to the file is "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender" The file's weight is 0KB, the file is also hidden. My amtivirus's publisher wrote that...
  7. Hidden files

Hidden files: Good day, i have a problem regarding on my files that cant be seen even you already change the settings to view hidden folder or files... the history of this, is when i was try to secure my files, i change the security settings of that folder in properties... i denied all the...
  8. Hidden File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden File: Sandeep thanks for your reply as you say it can help forum users. However the original question was deleted by on of your Colleagues I cant see what I did wrong or what rule I broke. I dont know if you can retrieve it Thanks once again...
  9. Hidden files

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden files: There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit cumbersome (for me) to use it but I have. I read where Microsoft uses this method when downloading files (uses or used in the past)....
  10. Show Hidden Files And Folders Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Hidden Files And Folders Error: Hi, I haven't updated anything today, but now when I go into Control Panel>Appearance And Personalisation>Show Hidden Files And Folders, I just get a beep and then get taken back to the desktop, with nothing happening. Other options in Control Panel seem to be fine. Has...