Windows 10: Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

Discus and support Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i'm writing here to post an answer to the Windows 10 High CPU issue that i found and also ask the Microsoft Team why does this occur so i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jeremymeehan, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

Hi i'm writing here to post an answer to the Windows 10 High CPU issue that i found and also ask the Microsoft Team why does this occur so i can understand it.

So to the answer; my CPU usage all of the sudden became high over the last few weeks, i'd tried to trouble shoot as others and Microsoft had suggested, though nothing worked. Microsoft has suggested to create a new account and transfer files which also proved fruitless after transferring files as explorer.exe again consumed high CPU usage. It was just luck that i stumbled across the solution in one of these threads that linked to an answer from 2011.

Firstly i just want to state that i did download process explorer and it had revealed it was explorer.exe causing high CPU usage and not a .dll file.

The solution:

Broken icons on desktop. That's it. After reading The Solution i found i had 3 desktop files with no icons at all. I deleted these three files (two shortcuts, one PDF) and instantly the CPU usage by explorer.exe dropped from a constant 38-40% down to 0.2%

I was wondering if someone or Microsoft might be able to clarify what causes this to actually happen?

Thank you

:)

jeremymeehan, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Rick.T Win User

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

1. Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. Windows 10 high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 high CPU usage: Guys can you all help me with this problem this is so annoyingMy pc was just running normally like everyday but from last night,it became lag and when i check,i see the CPU in task manager is always in 80-100% and its so lag not gonna lie.I tried s o many solutions from...
  3. Minecraft high cpu usage. fix?

Minecraft high cpu usage. fix?: So whenever I launch the game, my cpu spikes to 90%+, and does the same when creating a new world. I know this is not normal because it didn't do this in previous versions. So until this gets patched or someone can tell me how to fix it, I'm not going to play it, cause I...
  4. Fix MPSigStub high CPU usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MPSigStub high CPU usage in Windows 10: In Windows, you may often come across file names you never heard of and so, find them suspicious. However, not all of them should be dismissed as viruses or malware. Most of them are legitimate files necessary for some processes. One such instance is of MPSigStub.exe file. At...
  5. Windows 10 high CPU usage is due to the updates, but there’s a fix

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 high CPU usage is due to the updates, but there’s a fix: Earlier this month, both Microsoft and Intel released new updates for Windows 10. While the Windows 10 update has brought a number of fixes, it appears it has also introduced a serious performance issue where users will notice high CPU usage when doing normal tasks and FPS...
  6. Fix LSAISO process high CPU usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix LSAISO process high CPU usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users might be faced with the problem in which the LSAISO.exe (LSA Isolated) process experiences high CPU usage on a Windows 10 computer. The process is associated with Credential Guard & Key Guard. In this post, we have a [...] This post Fix LSAISO...
  7. Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Firefox high CPU or Memory usage on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]High CPU or Memory usage is known to slow down, hang, or freeze systems with Windows 10 installed in them. This high CPU usage could be caused by many applications and processes. If your system is showing high CPU usage [...] This post Fix Firefox high CPU...
  8. High CPU usage in windows 10

High CPU usage in windows 10: Hi, we face an issue in windows 10, the CPU usage is very high. we try DISM command, Registry Editor, Disable superfetch, update drivers and disable windows search services but the issue still happen. what have you done so far to resolve the issue?...
  9. High CPU usage in Windows 10.

High CPU usage in Windows 10.: Hi All, From last few days I am facing Hight CPU usage, Windows explorer is taking more than 45% of CPU. and Nahimic taking 30%. PC Details : Asus ROG GL405GM Intel i7 8750 NVidia GForece 1060 GPU. Please help, how to resolve this issue. ***Modified title from:...
  10. Fix High CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix High CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you are facing high CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10, then it’s because of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It appears as a Service which may result in not only high CPU usage but also high memory and disk usage, [...] This post Fix High CPU usage by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu 100 usage after driver verifier