Windows 10: Windows 10 home 18.03 - not recognising internet connection - MS Edge works fine

Discus and support Windows 10 home 18.03 - not recognising internet connection - MS Edge works fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have internet connection as I can post on this forum with MS Edge, but windows 10 and office does not recognise it since I upgraded to 18.03 (current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MiniMaryse, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 home 18.03 - not recognising internet connection - MS Edge works fine

I have internet connection as I can post on this forum with MS Edge, but windows 10 and office does not recognise it since I upgraded to 18.03 (current build is 17134.48 - Network card drivers updated from manufacturer website are up-to-date).

The wi-fi icon is showing inactive with a star on the left corner, my network appears in the list but with status: no internet, secured.

I have disabled adapter and re-enabled, tried the network troubleshooter, reset my network, and all sorts of other solutions proposed already, and nothing works.

I have refreshed and restored my laptop but without any success in solving this issue.

I have no other application installed other than windows and now office (desktop download offer from office 365 subscription). When I open any app e.g. Excel, it says it can't identify subscription and if I try to log into my office account, it says that it has network issues (however, when I log into office 365 via browser I get in without issue).

Please help - I am ready to throw my laptop and windows 10 thru the (real) window … After almost 30 years of using windows and hating Mac, I am not far to convert !

Tx.

:)

MiniMaryse, Aug 12, 2018

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 is not connecting the internet where chrome is working fine in the same platform

• Is there an error message when you try to connect to the internet using your Windows 10 PC?
    No there is not any error message it just do not connect and open a blank page as internet explorer shows when net is disconnected.

• How were you able to download Google Chrome browser?
    • I already have chrome browser when i was on windows 7 after updated to windows 10 few days it connected with net but after that i don't know what happened as i often use chrome hence do not get any need of edge, but when i noticed windows is not
      updating then tried to connect and failed.
    • What happens when you use Microsoft Edge browser?
    Hmm, we can't reach this page.
    • Have you tried to connect other devices to the internet and see if it works? If all devices are unable to connect to the internet, it can be that the issue is with your internet service provider. If it is only your Windows 10 PC that is unable to connect
      to the internet, check out this link for the troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.
    There is a proper internet connection in my pc and in the same pc and same OS i can connect through chrome or any other browser.

jsk.smishra, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 home 18.03 - not recognising internet connection - MS Edge works fine

edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 home 18.03 - not recognising internet connection - MS Edge works fine

1. Windows 10 home 18.03 - not recognising internet connection - MS Edge works fine - Similar Threads - home recognising internet

2. Showing no connection but internet is working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing no connection but internet is working fine: Hi, we are using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1202] and we are facing issue "Showing no connection but internet is working fine" Outlook and Teams are not working .We had check the registry setting...
  3. No Internet connection and its work just fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Internet connection and its work just fine.: Fresh Windows 10 Install for a new PC.. Maybe this is not new for most of you all..but this is new to me.. same with my name Nubi (newbie) i thought i cant install windows without microsoft accounts... Key points: Dont go Online too soon.. If you're free u can drop...
  4. INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS

INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS: Hello, Good Day! My WiFi works fine .When I connect my WiFi it to laptop , it gets connected but it shows no internet access . But internet works. I can browse google, play games and watch videos in youtube and stream netflix in my laptop. Network icon shows no internet....
  5. No sound, does not recognise internet connection but internet works.

No sound, does not recognise internet connection but internet works.: Hi, My computer HP was working just fine until a month ago when I did a normal shutdown and then restart. After this my sound stopped working, and I noticed that I cannot click on the computer apps from the search box in the bottom left corner I have to go to the settings...
  6. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  7. New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine

New Windows 10 install - Chrome cannot connect to Internet however Edge and Firefox work fine: I am trying to use chrome on a new windows 10 install. It sometimes works on 1 wesbite and then I get "site can't be reached" error. It seems to be stuck on "trying to establish a secure connection". I have also installed Opera and Firefox. Edge and Firefox work just...
  8. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/df481d11-8584-4b7c-813c-c619cd37a497
  9. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/b6ecb954-037f-405b-87f1-ed5ec6c0f28e
  10. Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.

Edge has no Internet connection. But Chrome works fine.: Hi guys! Thank you for reading my problem! I got my laptop last year with Windows 10 preinstalled. For some reason, Edge doesn't have Internet connection. Every time I open it, it will say show the following:  Hmmm...can’t reach this page Try this Make sure you’ve...