Windows 10: Windows 10 Home 64 - Half of 8GB RAM Available? [Taskmanager]

Discus and support Windows 10 Home 64 - Half of 8GB RAM Available? [Taskmanager] in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to this forum and i searched already in a few threads, but i couldn't find the right solution for me. I have 8GB installed as RAM, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SossaA4, Feb 28, 2016.

1. SossaA4 Win User

Windows 10 Home 64 - Half of 8GB RAM Available? [Taskmanager]

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and i searched already in a few threads, but i couldn't find the right solution for me. I have 8GB installed as RAM, but in taskmanager my Lenovo Flex2-14 is only finding 4GB.
    How can i let my computer find it's full RAM of 8GB, instead of half..
    Is there anyone who can help me with this problem? Thanks in advance!

Windows 10 Home 64 - Half of 8GB RAM Available? [Taskmanager] [​IMG]

:)

SossaA4, Feb 28, 2016

2. RAM use windows 10

I have 8gb DDR3 ram with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. No matter how many apps are running or what they are doing ram use never exceeds about 40%. Does this mean half of my RAM is redundant? If I were replacing the pc would there be any point having more than
    4 gb ram?

Delta Mike, Feb 28, 2016
  3. windows 10 UEFI

my laptop is hp, intel (R) Core i7 8GB ram 64 bit windows 10 home,version 1709 OS Build 16299.309

Sohaib Belaroussi, Feb 28, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Your Task Manager screenshot clearly shows you have 3.8 GB RAM in use at the moment of taking the screenshot, and an additional 4.1 GB available. That makes 7.9 GB total RAM. The missing 100+ MB is hardware reserved.

You have all of your RAM in use and available. No issues.

5. SossaA4 Win User
    Here some more specific stats also.

SossaA4, Feb 28, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Again, your screenshot reveals that you have no issues. All your RAM is in use and available.

7. SossaA4 Win User
    Okee Thanks for the superfast reaction!

SossaA4, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home 64 - Half of 8GB RAM Available? [Taskmanager] - Similar Threads - Home Half 8GB

2. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  3. 8gb ram 7.65 available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    8gb ram 7.65 available: So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do something If I cant fix this does anyone know how to increase my installed ram from 8gb to 16gb safely?...
  4. 8gb ram 7.65 available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8gb ram 7.65 available: So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do something If I cant fix this does anyone know how to increase my installed ram from 8gb to 16gb safely?...
  5. 8gb ram 7.65 available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Only 5.89GB or Ram Available Out of 8GB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only 5.89GB or Ram Available Out of 8GB: Is this normal? One of our employees is complaining about his computer freezing up on him. His RAM usage is pretty high at around 90% most of the time, and checking the device specifications saying that out of 8GB or installed RAM, only 5.89GB are available. My question is,...
  7. Only half Ram available?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only half Ram available?: Hello, in the PC information I am shown that I only have half of my ram available. I also notice in various games that the FPS start to fluctuate, I think this is also due to it. Does anyone know how I can fix this? CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x GPU: Radeon RX580 RAM: 16GB DDR4 Nur...
  8. Ram limitation on windows 10 Home 64-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram limitation on windows 10 Home 64-bit: I recently figured out that my new ram (16gb of the g.skill trident z rgb) only uses 7.95gb, I've looked up some solutions as in msconfig and bios settings,but none of these helped me out. I'm trying to find out what my problem is and i hope someone can help me with it....
  9. RAM upgrade /windows 10 home /64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RAM upgrade /windows 10 home /64 bit: It says I can put 6 gigs or more RAM in windows 10 home 64 bit but ..how much more? I have 2X8GB (16gb) will it handle that much before i open these and not be able to return them? Thanks...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075