Windows 10: [Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,...

Discus and support [Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is going to be a long post, so please, bear with me. I will try to be as clear as possible, and English is my second language, so please excuse me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NOSML, Aug 22, 2018.

1. NOSML Win User

[Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,...

This is going to be a long post, so please, bear with me. I will try to be as clear as possible, and English is my second language, so please excuse me of any mistakes that I may make.

So about one or two months ago, I first got this issue where the system would crash at sometime soon after booting up. I have the habit of shutting down my laptop every night and turn it on the next day, so this was going on for few days. The symptom would be that first I would notice my Rainmeter layout freezing up, then the cursor turns into the loading icon, then no windows would response (like explorer is hanging), and then BSOD with that CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED stop code. Almost guaranteed every time after this kind of BSOD that the system would boot into the BIOS screen, and I had to Save and Restart to get back into Windows. I couldn't get any minidump file from these crashes, as it's always stuck at 0%.

This stopped for few weeks, then it came back one or two weeks ago. I tried to put the laptop to sleep during the night, but it still happened at random times after waking up (short sleeps such as 1 or 2 hours seemed fine). One note is that IF the system did not crash after few hours, then it pretty much functioned completely fine for the rest of the session.

The problem progressively got worse up until recently, as the crashes happened so frequent. So yesterday I decided to perform a clean reinstall of Windows. After the re-installation, It was running fine for the most part, until I decided to perform a quick scan in the Windows Defender Security Center (the one that you can access from Settings, not the separate Windows Defender app, or maybe they're the same, I'm not sure). The scan stopped mid way, as I notice the C drive (where I installed Windows) activity went down, and then the explorer froze, then BSOD, similar symptoms as before. After rebooting, I did that quick scan again, it went smooth pretty quickly, then I did a full scan, then the system crashed again after about half an hour. After this, I decided to get Kaspersky Free and performed a full scan with it. The scan ran fine and went through the whole C drive with no problem, but the system crashed again when the scan was at 96%.

As I'm writing this, the system is still running fine so far and haven't crashed at random times after booting up like before, but these crashes during virus scans are worrying me. The crashes are pretty much similar to before, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED stop code, stuck at 0% so no minidump, booting into BIOS after rebooting.

What I have tried to fix this:

- Reinstall Windows

- SFC scan, both before and after re-installation showed no problem

- Disk checks on both C and D drives are normal

Some information about my systems:

- Laptop, MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro G, Intel Core i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz, 32 GB of RAM, Geforce GTX 980M GPU.

- C Drive is a 256 GB Samsung SSD, with Intel RAID 0 configuration

- D Drive is a 1 TB HGST HDD

- Windows 10 Home version 1803, OS Build 17134.228

- Current BIOS version is E1782IMS.113, the latest one on the support page for my laptop is E1782IMS.122

The settings for the dump files are set correctly, no auto restart, small memory dump, default directory. I have considered updating the BIOS, but I haven't because it has not been determined if the problem is the BIOS or not, and should anything happens, I can't go back to the current version easily.

That's all I got for now. I hope someone have some ideas of what is going on with my laptop. If you need any additional information, please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you for your help.

:)

NOSML, Aug 22, 2018
  2. yangwu90 Win User

Multiple BSOD Crashes After April 2018 Windows 10 Update

I recently updated my new HP Envy 13t ultrabook (bought Feb 2018) to the April 2018 Windows 10 update (OS Version 1803, build 17134.1), and since then the computer has had multiple BSOD crashes. The stop code
    errors for these crashes includes everything from:

• UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (dxgknl.sys failure).
    There are also instances when the disk space has been stuck on 100% for no apparent reason, even when only running 1 or 2 programs. The computer seems to crash on varying random occasions (even when the computer
    is asleep), and I have not been able to pinpoint the causes for these failures. I have tried everything from:

• running full computer scans (both on Windows Defender and pre-installed McAfee. No malware or virus was found),
    • disabling/uninstalling the pre-installed anti-virus software,
    • running SFC (no integrity violations found),
    • checking for errors and optimizing/defragmenting the hard drives,
    • updating every single driver through Device Manager,
    • updating HP drivers,
    • installing a couple PC scanners and trying to manually resolve issues, and
    • even running a clean Windows 10 update through "Reset this PC" recovery tool,
    but nothing has seemed to work as I continue to have these frustrating random crashes. I have barely installed any new software and the crashes only started occurring after upgrading to the new Windows 10 update.

I am asking the community for any tips or suggestions on how I may combat my computer issues and resolve my BSOD crashes. Thank you all in advance for help.

yangwu90, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Hayzie93 Win User
    Multiple Stop Codes: Windows 10 crash

Hey Guys,

Recently, my main desktop Windows 10 machine has started to crash. I think it could be due to the latest 'massive' windows update. But before rolling back to a previous build (I'd prefer to keep the security updates), it'd be good to get some expert help
    on what the multiple stop codes I'm getting actually mean and what they may point to.

Initially, I thought it may have been because my system was getting junked up, so I did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated like normal. This did not fix the problem.

Here are the stop codes I've been getting since the clean install and the number of times its occurred:

• BAD_POOL_HEADER (4)
      • Can happen on startup when reaching the desktop.
      • While watching YouTube.
      • While computer was idle on the desktop.
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (3)
      • Happens on startup after reaching desktop.
      • Crashed with this stop code when opening chrome.
    • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (1)
      • Happen after some time with low system load.
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1)
      • On start up.
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (1)
      • Chrome tabs kept crashing immediately before system crash.
    Some the processes I've tried to fix or diagnose:

• Ran the windows memory check. Came back all good.
    • Ran the driver verifier. This caused drivers to crash when trying log into the desktop. Cause was: USB_Ethernet_Adaptor.sys. The device I use for internet is the TP-Link TL-WN822N Wireless USB adapter. In case that information could help diagnose the problem.
    I've included the minidump files from the last few days when the crashes occured, and my system info here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kb3q1t3swwdzw2u/AAA_F8WED32FmtMJHEqUUmuFa?dl=0

I'd greatly appreciate any tips on how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Sam.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hayzie93, Aug 22, 2018
  4. [Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,...

Blue screen with stop error code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED shows a few times a day. (Windows 10)

Hi it's Jadon here,

I have an Acer Aspire E5-522G and at least a few times a day
    it will show the BSOD with the stop error code, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. This can be really annoying and I own a company so I need the computer to be working properly. It has gotten that bad that I cant even login for 10 minutes without it crashing.

Thanks!

Files and other info: (Updated 12/01/2017)

OneDrive: Minidump 12.01.2017

Specs:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

• Aspire E15 (Acer Aspire E5-522G-8874)
    • AMD Quad-Core Processor A8-7410
    • AMD Radeon(TM) R5 M335 with 2GB Dedicated VRAM
    • 8GB DDR3 L Memory
    • 1000 GB HDD

Jadon Paul Wilke-Heiming, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

[Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,...

1. [Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,... - Similar Threads - Home BSOD Crashes

2. windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died: Hi i started having BSOD since two weeks ago today. It first started appearing every three days after a boot to windows so i did the power off manually 3 times till it started to revert to stable settings in safe mode after that it works normally for 3 days and BSOD again. So...
  3. windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died: Hi i started having BSOD since two weeks ago today. It first started appearing every three days after a boot to windows so i did the power off manually 3 times till it started to revert to stable settings in safe mode after that it works normally for 3 days and BSOD again. So...
  4. windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD in Windows 10 with multiple stop codes

BSOD in Windows 10 with multiple stop codes: Hello to the Family, I am facing BSOD and its frequency is 5 times per day and during office hours you can imagine how disturbing is this. stop codes are: Memory mangement, Writing to read only memory, pfln list corrupt, irq not eql or less. i updated drivers check ram...
  6. STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: After I updating my Windows 10 version, I am facing blue screen error. It shows me stop code error and giving that's name CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. N.B: I think the problem started for my network adapter Modem driver. Because, after entering the Modem, My PC went to blue...
  7. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Recently, my PC has been crashing frequently due to "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED." Here is the output from WhoCrashed: crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys ntdll+0xA34E9 Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFF97878C01D200, 0x0,...
  8. Stop Code Critical_Process_Died

Stop Code Critical_Process_Died: I keep getting this error on start up. I get the welcome screen then type in my PIN; it goes to the stop code screen and restarts, over and over and over. I booted from CD and did a system restore: Same result. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance. Randy...
  9. [Windows 10 Home] BSOD with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED at random, caused by driver...

[Windows 10 Home] BSOD with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED at random, caused by driver...: Long story short, I have been having this problem for few months now. At random times, explorer would just freeze up, no windows would response, then it takes few minutes of hanging then a BSOD with that stop code happens. After rebooting, the laptop always boot into the BIOS...
  10. BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died

BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died: Computer Model: Lenova Yoga 720 Sorry I can't provide much information because I am locked out of my computer. A few days back, I attempted to do a clean installation of Windows 10 on my laptop through a system reset. The system reset failed and it keeps taking me through...