Windows 10: [Windows 10 Home] BSOD with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED at random, caused by driver...

Discus and support [Windows 10 Home] BSOD with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED at random, caused by driver... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Long story short, I have been having this problem for few months now. At random times, explorer would just freeze up, no windows would response, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NOSML, Aug 26, 2018.

1. NOSML Win User

[Windows 10 Home] BSOD with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED at random, caused by driver...

Long story short, I have been having this problem for few months now. At random times, explorer would just freeze up, no windows would response, then it takes few minutes of hanging then a BSOD with that stop code happens. After rebooting, the laptop always boot into the BIOS screen first, and I have to Save and Reboot to get back into Windows. This happens most commonly after booting up or waking up from a long sleep (overnight), but it can happen at any random time (it happened once when the laptop was left on idle with only Firefox opened).

I have reinstalled Windows from fresh copy. That didn't solve the problem, but it did make the frequency of crashes go down (until today, at least). I already made a thread about this, and someone suggested updating a driver that could be a potential cause, Unfortunately, that didn't solve it either. Considering that thread is slowly dying and the problem still persists, I'm making this one in hope that someone can help.

Link to the old thread with some more information about my system:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...top-code/1d8233ba-4fc9-499b-987a-78a670e0e36b

Here are the three newest crash dumps that I got today, all happened within the span of few hours. Ironically, the second and the third crash happened when I was typing this post (both in Firefox). I had to switched to Edge for the moment to type this again in case it crashes another time with Firefox. Could Firefox somehow be related to this problem? All the most recent crashes happened when Firefox was being opened.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoixZArAnKbKb1y0Otp_Vwz9o40

Lastly, I have yet to update the BIOS as suggested in the old thread. I consider this to be the last option, unless it's specified that it's indeed what has been causing these crashes.

Other than these random crashes, the laptop works perfectly fine with no sign of overheating or any other problem.

If you need any additional information, please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you for your help.

:)

NOSML, Aug 26, 2018
  2. C-aLica Win User

random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Stop code is random.

like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION..

I've got multiple BSOD and the stop code is that random.

right now after multiple debugging the issue, I hypothetically assume it's my nvme fault.

I've ordered a new nvme drive and gonna retest the system if this will works.

C-aLica, Aug 26, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. [Windows 10 Home] BSOD with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED at random, caused by driver...

Random BSOD from random drivers. No links between crashes.

Hi guys, sorry for this but I've gone through most of the things i know how to do. Right, basically my pc gives me random BSODs, these come from a range of drivers and have a range of error codes. So many that there's no point listing them because i cant
    see a link. I will post the next one that occurs but my specs are:

An MSI GTX 960 4G

An AMD Athlon X4 860K

16GB HyperX Fury RAM

Windows 10 Pro

An HP Compaq LA2006x Monitor

The recent BSOD was KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.

It gave no driver that caused the issue.

Thanks for the help.

KILLERGOMENTAL, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

[Windows 10 Home] BSOD with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED at random, caused by driver...

1. [Windows 10 Home] BSOD with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED at random, caused by driver... - Similar Threads - Home BSOD stop

2. windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died: Hi i started having BSOD since two weeks ago today. It first started appearing every three days after a boot to windows so i did the power off manually 3 times till it started to revert to stable settings in safe mode after that it works normally for 3 days and BSOD again. So...
  3. windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died: Hi i started having BSOD since two weeks ago today. It first started appearing every three days after a boot to windows so i did the power off manually 3 times till it started to revert to stable settings in safe mode after that it works normally for 3 days and BSOD again. So...
  4. windows 10 BSOD stop code: critical_process_died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

STOP CODE: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: After I updating my Windows 10 version, I am facing blue screen error. It shows me stop code error and giving that's name CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. N.B: I think the problem started for my network adapter Modem driver. Because, after entering the Modem, My PC went to blue...
  6. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Recently, my PC has been crashing frequently due to "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED." Here is the output from WhoCrashed: crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys ntdll+0xA34E9 Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFF97878C01D200, 0x0,...
  7. Stop Code Critical_Process_Died

Stop Code Critical_Process_Died: I keep getting this error on start up. I get the welcome screen then type in my PIN; it goes to the stop code screen and restarts, over and over and over. I booted from CD and did a system restore: Same result. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance. Randy...
  8. [Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,...

[Windows 10 Home] BSOD Crashes with the stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED multiple times,...: This is going to be a long post, so please, bear with me. I will try to be as clear as possible, and English is my second language, so please excuse me of any mistakes that I may make. So about one or two months ago, I first got this issue where the system would crash at...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD: Hi everyone, i hope you can help. I have been experiencing random BSOD's for the past few days, mainly when playing games, but it has also happened when just idling on the desktop or web browsing. I have done a reset and a full re-install but the problem persists. I...
  10. BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died

BSOD loop, stop code: critical_process_died: Computer Model: Lenova Yoga 720 Sorry I can't provide much information because I am locked out of my computer. A few days back, I attempted to do a clean installation of Windows 10 on my laptop through a system reset. The system reset failed and it keeps taking me through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant enter debugging critical process driver