Windows 10: Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

Discus and support Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobjoe, Aug 11, 2015.

1. bobjoe Win User

Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer.

Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically?

Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates? [​IMG]

:)

bobjoe, Aug 11, 2015

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Aug 11, 2015
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Because that's what Home does. They're not bloatware as they don't affect performance, just ignore them and never run them. Job done.

Boozad, Aug 11, 2015
  5. bobjoe Win User
    They are bloatware.

By definition:

"
    • unwanted software included on a new computer or mobile device by the manufacturer.
      "users must initially contend with the usual bevy of bloatware (unnecessary toolbars, games of questionable value)"
    "

And yes, they do affect performance. If I'm gaming, I don't want these "apps" updating in the background.

bobjoe, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    MS don't manufacture PCs or mobile devices (unless you're using a Surface Pro or Windows Phone) so, again, it's not bloatware. It's part of the OS.

Have any of your games been affected? I daresay they haven't. Were any of your games affected in a previous OS when updates were downloading? I daresay they weren't.

Boozad, Aug 11, 2015
  7. bobjoe Win User
    Downloading these updates while using the network does create problems.

bobjoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates? - Similar Threads - Home cannot disable

2. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  3. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  4. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Windows 10 Automatic updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable Windows 10 Automatic updates: Windows 10 updates automatically,no matter what.Countless users have complained it damages their system and want to completely stop them from happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-windows-10-automatic-updates/ba0781f4-83fe-4519-a587-99646c19e571
  6. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  7. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...
  8. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME: New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's cumulative/security update?...
  9. Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates

Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates: I did a Clean Install a few days ago & want to disable Automatic Updates. I know I can by using these steps: 1. Press Windows key + R, type gpedit.msc & press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, to run the Group Policy Editor as an Admin. 2. Navigate to Computer Configuration >...
  10. able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now?: I was thinking about ordering win 10 home retail version on flash drive from new egg but, I wanted to verify I would be able to disable the Microsoft auto updates first? I wanted the retail version with key since I upgrade motherboards etc. sometimes and want to be able to...