Windows 10: Windows 10 Home can't update any software as no Admin user in UAC

Discus and support Windows 10 Home can't update any software as no Admin user in UAC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I try to update any software on my PC, the User Account Control window pops up asking: "To continue, enter an admin user name and password."... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LucCharmasson, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home can't update any software as no Admin user in UAC

Whenever I try to update any software on my PC, the User Account Control window pops up asking:

"To continue, enter an admin user name and password."

Unfortunately there is no where to chose an admin account, just a "No" button.

If I reboot in safe mode, the only admin user I can see is "HomeGroupUser$"?

I'm running Windows 10 Home.

:)

LucCharmasson, Jul 30, 2018

2. UAC allows users to install software without admin rights?

Hi Everyone,

It has come to our attention that our users can in fact install software without an admin account or an admin present. This is done simply by then doing the following:

The user downloads the app / package.

User runs install.

User is presented with UAC.

User puts their own username and password in presses enter and the software carrys on.

Surely, UAC should not allow the user to proceed to install software? This is all enabled via Group Policy and everything is defined as it should be.

Not sure why UAC is failing like this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

**Just found**

When a user right clicks on a program and selects "Run as Administrator". Uses their own details it runs happily. Almost as if domain users have admin rights?

AshleySmithNZ, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Home can't update any software as no Admin user in UAC

UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home can't update any software as no Admin user in UAC

1. Windows 10 Home can't update any software as no Admin user in UAC - Similar Threads - Home can't update

2. UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC thinks standard user account is an Admin: In our domain, user accounts are not Admins and Admin accounts have no access to the internet. Brilliant right? Except it makes it troublesome to install that software that requires both Admin rights AND internet access with the same account. My work-around for this has been...
  3. Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?: Seems like the recommendation is to use a user account when logging to leaving the admin account to make changes to the computer. However, if the UAC (user access control) is set to always notify and the registry is set to always require a password. Does this fulfil the same...
  4. No admin privileges in Windows 10 - can't install software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No admin privileges in Windows 10 - can't install software: I have the same problem as is described here: No administrator account and other problems after updates - Microsoft Community No admin privileges, so I can not install software or make any changes to my Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. I have followed the instructions I...
  5. Can't update any software

Can't update any software: Windows updated a few days ago. Ever since, I have been unable to install or update any software. Software I've tried to install/udpate: - Ultimaker Cura - Davinci Resolve - World of Warcraft - Chitubox All give a similar error that they can't write to the hard disk without...
  6. How to install software for a standard user while using admin credentials on UAC prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install software for a standard user while using admin credentials on UAC prompt?: So often times I come across an issue where when I install software on a standard user account using admin credentials on UAC prompt it will not show up for a standard user. But when I log in as admin it shows up on admin account,however, this is not desired. Excerpt from...
  7. UAC asks for admin password regardless of user rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UAC asks for admin password regardless of user rights: Windows 10, workgroup schema: One of my clients is changing line-of-business software and I was told the users need write permissions to the folder where the new client program resides. C:\program files x86 \ folder. ONE user is having an issue. She has to call over an...
  8. Is there any way to disable the UAC popup when I run PowerToys as an admin user?

Is there any way to disable the UAC popup when I run PowerToys as an admin user?: I'm aware I can change it globally but that doesn't seem overly safe, I was wondering if there were a way to disable it on a per-app basis? submitted by /u/unabatedshagie [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 home - can't find any updates

Windows 10 home - can't find any updates: So, Windows 10 just updated to version 1803. It tells me it's nearing end of support (apparently 12/11/2019, so yesterday) I click find updates, it then tells me "You're up to date" which is a lie. Can I not get automatic updates now that I'm at the end of support for that...
  10. Windows Update Admin users can't log on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Admin users can't log on: After windows update (which took hours) admin accounts can't log on has error message that pops up on black screen after signing in saying something about locating desktop system file. My children's accounts can log on ok. Assistance appreciated thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home to continue enter an admin user name and password

2. admin username password

3. admin username and password

4. windows 10 admin homegroupuser$