Windows 10: Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.

Discus and support Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am just going to say up front that I don't have the Pro version of Windows 10 so I have no Group Policy Editor otherwise I would have fixed this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddice, Aug 8, 2015.

1. reddice Win User

Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.

I am just going to say up front that I don't have the Pro version of Windows 10 so I have no Group Policy Editor otherwise I would have fixed this problem in less than a minute instead of wasting over a hour trying to fix this.

I want to disable this on the screenshot for any future files I download. I searched online but every post says I have to use gpedit.msc which I don't have. I am getting very frustrated. I don't want to mess around in the registry. Some one just link a .reg file to disable this annoyance so I can just import it and be done.

Windows 10 Home.  Disable this file came from another computer. [​IMG]

Thanks.

:)

reddice, Aug 8, 2015

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Licence to a different computer.

Thanks Andre,

The disabled computer came with Windows 10 home. I subsequently purchased the $99 upgrade to the pro version from the Microsoft store. The new computer I have has windows 10 home installed. Both of these devices are listed in the devices section of my Microsoft
    account.

Since the disabled computer is beyond repair, I want to transfer it's pro license to my new computer.

Thanks,

Gary

GaryBunevitch, Aug 8, 2015
  3. New computer with windows 10 cannot get Windows Media Player to play certain MPG video files.

I transferred the files from another computer which had windows 7. This is the new computer that came with windows 10 installed, and cannot play my video files.

AndreaRoshi, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  5. reddice Win User
    Did not work. I am still getting this file came from on newly download files. If I still had pro I would have fixed this in less than a minute instead of wasting nearly 2 hours Googling which lead nowhere.

reddice, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Clintlgm Win User
    What do you mean IF you still had PRO, did you lose it somehow upgrading to 10?

Clintlgm, Aug 8, 2015
  7. reddice Win User
    When I had Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop (came with Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 8 Pro which Microsoft gave anyone upgrading) I turned off this annoyance in less than a minute using Group Policy editor. Now with Home it is impossible. I got a desktop later I am using now that came with Home. I only got home because I though Microsoft was going to upgrade everyone to Windows 10 Pro like they did with Window 8. Biggest mistake ever I should have gotten Windows 8 Pro when I got the desktop from Dell.

reddice, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  9. reddice Win User
    I fixed it. After much Googling I found this post.
    It did not help much at first because it did not say what key you needed for SaveZoneInformation but after trying all of them DWORD 32 bit Value data 1 Hexadecimal worked. I am now going to export this key and back it up so if I have to reinstall windows at anytime I don't have to waste 2 hours trying to figure it out again.

Update: Chrome was still blocking files so I did a restart now Chrome is no longer blocking files.

Anyway thanks for your help even though I have not been in the greatest mood. You are all great.

reddice, Aug 8, 2015
  10. reddice Win User
    Thanks but the only thing I need to do in Group Policy Editor is this tweak and to disable the lock screen which Winaero tool lets you do so it is not worth it. I don't use any other Pro feature like encryption.

reddice, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Clintlgm Win User
    OIC thought maybe something had gone wrong in the upgrade. Yep now you have to buy the upgrade to Pro

Clintlgm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer. - Similar Threads - Home Disable file

2. This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer

in Windows 10 News
    This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer: If you have a file on your computer that may have been downloaded from the internet or copied from some other computer, then when you try to open it, you may receive a warning. Windows has blocked access to this file. If you see its Properties, you may see a message...
  3. "This file came from another computer..." warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This file came from another computer..." warning: I recently noticed that all my downloads over the last couple years are tagged with the warning "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". After researching I found advice that it might be a corrupted user and is something that...
  4. this file is from another computer.....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this file is from another computer.....: I have this problem, when I check the properties of most of the files on my pc, this message appears at the bottom: "this file is from another computer and could be locked to help protect this computer", I don't want my files to be damage or worse, get lost, please hope...
  5. window 10 home to install in another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window 10 home to install in another computer: i have purchase online licence version of window 10 home can i install this version in another computer? how please guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-home-to-install-in-another-computer/64df7aa1-5201-4de8-99fc-686905c2e6e9
  6. Locally created files get "This file came from another computer..." warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locally created files get "This file came from another computer..." warning: I think the title says it all. I recently took a couple of screenshots using Snip & Sketch. After saving the screenshots and opening their file properties I noticed that they had the "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"...
  7. How To Disable This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked and not lose the...

How To Disable This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked and not lose the...: Context: A few days ago this computer decided to start displaying an error when opening word and probably excel file, I haven't checked yet stating "Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions. * Check the file permissions for the document or...
  8. This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,...

This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,...: [IMG] I would very much appreciate if someone could give me a clear decisive solution that solves my issue and are able to explain it in layman's terms, although i consider myself someone who is a capable, quick to resolve most issues on the various windows platforms...
  9. How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked)

How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked): So how to disable that . U guys say that just check unblock button and fone but if i i ha too many files what can i do and yes i dont need powershell option and any third party option . And i accidentally installed one app before unbloking it .now my task manger regedit cmd...
  10. This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

in Windows 10 Support
    This file came from another computer and might be blocked?: I recently found out that some of the files around my computer have the following message in their properties, "This file came from another computer and might be blocked". Does this mean that these files are slower to load or even impossible to access in some contexts? I...