Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this problem with Windows 10 Home edition. When I open some basic text file, .srt or .txt for example, it has different encoding than it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alorain, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Alorain Win User

Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems

I have this problem with Windows 10 Home edition. When I open some basic text file, .srt or .txt for example, it has different encoding than it has when it was saved. It looks like I have wrong default encoding set in Windows because I need to change manually encoding of these files and then I can repair saved data. For example "ě" was saved in the file as "?", "č" as "è", etc.

I tried to change OS language - didn't help.
    Looking through options in Chrome was useless as well - I have no problem while browsing. Downloading text files with IE, Opera or Firefox brought same results.
    I am downloading them manually from site dedicated to making subtitles movies and series.
    When I downloaded text file on different computer the czech symbols were fine. Sending downloaded file through mail, Facebook or transferring it via flash disk changed Czech symbol into gibberish. Even compressed text file was changed when I opened it.
    Creating files in Notepad or Notepad++ are also encoded in coding that does not support Czech.

I have no clue how to fix this problem. Also, I don't want to reinstall OS if possible.

:)

Alorain, Sep 26, 2017
  2. philjoeII Win User

Windows 7 upgrade

I have a Windows 7 64bit Home edition on my laptop. I only have 1GB of RAM. The Windows 10 minimum requirement is 2GB for the 64bit edition, but the 32bit edition only requires 1GB. If I do a clean install of the 32bit Windows 10, will the Windows 7 64bit
    product key activate it?

philjoeII, Sep 26, 2017
  3. Sang_777 Win User
    Does Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 work in Windows 10

I would like to know about Microsoft expression encoder 4. It's support window 10? There has many problem when I read about expression encoder 4 with window 10 in forum. I've new laptop with window 10 64bit, but I just want to make sure before download
    and install process.

Sang_777, Sep 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @Alorain

Are you running the Creators Update? Do you have the latest updates? If so, apparently Microsoft don't know (yet) how to fix it either...

Cumulative Update KB4040724 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.632

The next cumulative update is due on 10th October, a fix may come then - or it may come in the Fall Creators Update.

5. Alorain Win User
    Thank you.

I am running Creators update but I have a slightly older build - 15063.608. Downloading newer build ATM.

Thanks for the information. At least I know there is nothing I broke in settings or anything like that and I just need to wait for update.

Alorain, Sep 26, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems - Similar Threads - Home Edition 64bit

2. Encoder problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encoder problems: Encoder problems while streaming poor quality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoder-problems/896a7949-06e8-47a3-9073-d1bd090b9635
  3. Encoder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoder problems: Encoder problems while streaming poor quality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoder-problems/896a7949-06e8-47a3-9073-d1bd090b9635
  4. Windows 10 home 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home 64bit: My lenovo idea pad running windows 10 home 64bit seems to have crashed. I turn on my laptop, it says diagnosing then it says it cannot repair ayatem and gives me the option to shut off or advanced options. What do i do now???...
  5. Problem installing software on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing software on Windows 10 Home Edition: I work for a company with a lot of users working from home utilizing their personal laptops so we cannot control the version of Windows they have installed. We are using Talkdesk and Envision for them to make calls and record their calls Calls need to be reviewed due to...
  6. Bluetooth problem with windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problem with windows 10 home edition: My Bluetooth driver was lost by itself. How can I install a Bluetooth driver on my PC ? My computer is running on Windows 10 Home. It has a AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphicsor better known as AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics, has 64 bit OS, x64 Processor, windows 10 version...
  7. Windows 10 Home edition IIS installation problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home edition IIS installation problem: Hello, I have Win 10 Home edition on my new surface X pro. But I can not install IIS because it is not present among the windows features and con not add it. Could you please help me to install it? How can I fix this problem....
  8. Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 64bit Home edition recovery drive question.: I had to reinstall windows 10 a few days ago and because of the issues I had, I wanted to make a drive that would help me with restoring my system. I was doing some research and then I went to the disk management and discovered that Windows 10 has already created a 450mb...
  9. windows 10 Home 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Home 64bit: I am having a horrible day! I have been up all night! I was not helped by this answer I had a little different problem about the same thing. If you to settings and reset the apps. It did help. Slowly things have been coming back. Still there are over 60% that were removed....
  10. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511. Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key. So i started up the first one, got to do the...