Windows 10: Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.

Discus and support Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop keeps hanging, have followed steps about letting Windows control power management and updated some drivers, but still randomly hangs (normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmosKearns, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.

Laptop keeps hanging, have followed steps about letting Windows control power management and updated some drivers, but still randomly hangs (normally after a few minutes of inactivity, or when I am using a web browser). No obvious cause, any tips? thanks.

:)

AmosKearns, Jul 8, 2018
  2. PaulAubin Win User

Win 10 keeps rebooting for no apparent reason

My system keeps rebooting for no apparent reason. It happens maybe once a week and usually while I am streaming video on YouTube. The last 2 times it happened Windows generated minidump files which I have stored at the link below, along with a system summary
    file.

Dump Files

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Paul

PaulAubin, Jul 8, 2018
  3. buggedMS Win User
    windows 10 windows explorer hangs for no apparent reason, so i restarted windows explorer in task manager and all good

windows explorer hangs for no apparent reason, so i restarted windows explorer in task manager and all good.

but it keeps happening and its not my computer and i don't want to troubleshoot it when it happens. I can teach the user task manager but a fix would be better.

The laptop was upgraded from windows 8.1 immediately after purchase (virgin).

Thanks in advance

OP - windows 10 windows explorer hangs

buggedMS, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.

1. Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason. - Similar Threads - home edition keeps

2. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  3. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  4. Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason: Hi, recently my PC encounters more and more BSODFirst BSOD was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" that happened dozens of timesThan new code "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" just onceAnd the latest one "ATTEMPTED_WRITEN_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"I have reinstalled my GPU driver after...
  5. Mac with Windows 10 Home installed is apparently a Volume License Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mac with Windows 10 Home installed is apparently a Volume License Edition: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home installed on my MacBook Pro Mid-2018 model, and it’s updated to the latest hotfix of macOS Big Sur, plus the installation of W10H itself is fully updated as well via Boot Camp with a .iso that I downloaded from Microsoft:...
  6. Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 today. I put it on a USB, wiped every drive clean, and reinstalled Windows on my SSD. However, the system keeps freezing at random, and I have no idea why. It doesn’t seem to be linked to any program running. I’ll just be doing...
  7. I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason

I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason: i keep bluescreening for no apparent reason, it first started when i was playing csgo i would just rando bsod, then it evolved to all games and now it has evolved to always happening there is a different stopcode each time and i dont know what ot do at this point so far ive...
  8. Explorer keeps crashing every minute for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer keeps crashing every minute for no apparent reason: I've had my pc for months now, and this problem only persisted a few days ago. Right from startup, my desktop, taskbar, and all of explorer (I even have trouble getting to settings) crash when I click on them and they restart by themselves. All my apps are working perfectly,...
  9. Windows 10 Home Crashes often for no apparent reason

Windows 10 Home Crashes often for no apparent reason: I'll say up front that I'm a retired PC / Systems Consultant (over 40 years), so, I've done my fair share of troubleshooting. This issue has got me stumped! I purchased a new HP Envy 700-406 desktop PC. I've had it for about 3 years. It came with a free upgrade to Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 constantly crashing for no apparent reason

Windows 10 constantly crashing for no apparent reason: Hello. Recently, my computer had started to crash constantly for no apparent reason with a new, random error code each and every time. I do not know what is causing the crashes because it does not show me. When trying to find out what failed using WhoCrashed gave no...