Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you set a Local Standard user account so that they can not change the password for the user account in Windows 10 HOME? the options in Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jamie.D913, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password

How do you set a Local Standard user account so that they can not change the password for the user account in Windows 10 HOME? the options in Pro version are not there.

:)

Jamie.D913, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Unable to change user password in Windows 10.

Thank you for updating us, Steve.

We would suggest you to follow the steps below to change the password for your local account:

• Press Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts.

Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password [​IMG]

• Select Manage another account and then click your user name or the local account that you wanted to set for a new password.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Provide the correct details to change your local account password and then click
      Change password.

Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password 88ea9ca3-74d1-48d6-9fea-338a4b07f075.jpg
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password

Changing my password for my local User Account

Hi Vazinho,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10 family.

I understand that you are not able to change password for local account on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on search bar.

2. Then type "Settings" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Click on Accounts and then click on Sign in-options.

4. Click on Password and change the password.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password

1. Windows 10 Home - How to set a local atandard user account so that can not change the password - Similar Threads - Home set local

2. How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006 Hi: These questions refer to Windows 10 PCs without Bitlocker or other drive encryption. On an older Windows OS, I used a password cracking tool to help a friend gain access to his laptop when he forgot his password. It was trivial to gain...
  3. How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006 Hi: These questions refer to Windows 10 PCs without Bitlocker or other drive encryption. On an older Windows OS, I used a password cracking tool to help a friend gain access to his laptop when he forgot his password. It was trivial to gain...
  4. How secure are user files in Windows 10 local user account with password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  6. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  7. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Local Account unable to change settings Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local Account unable to change settings Windows 10 Home: I have a problem that's been slowly driving me mad, and have been unable to find any solution through Google or the Microsoft help pages. I have a PC with Windows 10 Home. I am the primary user, and have a Microsoft Account with Administrator privileges. I also have a "Local...
  9. Can a local user be changed to a child account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can a local user be changed to a child account?: Windows 10 Home ver 1909 Hello, I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family? I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f but there's...
  10. How do I change a local user account password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change a local user account password?: I don't know why this is so difficult, Win 10 really screwed things up coming from Seven. Seems they changed a lot of things just for the sake of changing them. I shouldn't have to use a search engine or a forum to answer this question. I am logged in under the...