Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - msiexec.exe Always Running

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - msiexec.exe Always Running in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Microsoft Installer Tool - msiexec.exe is always running from the time I boot up. I have to turn it off in order to install any other programs. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr Magoo 10, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home - msiexec.exe Always Running

My Microsoft Installer Tool - msiexec.exe is always running from the time I boot up. I have to turn it off in order to install any other programs. I cannot find any other programs that would be trying to install. Windows Updater is up to date. Scannow found nothing wrong with any system files. Most mentions of this problem in the forums goes back to 2010 or earlier. Any suggestions?

:)

Mr Magoo 10, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 22, 2018
  3. rfhar Win User
    msiexec problem

During each boot-up the last few weeks I am getting a strange Popup window labeled "Windows Installer" what does it mean and how to fix the problem. I run memtest86 for about 25 hours and nine full cycles and all was well. The SFC and DISM did not help either.
    I have reduced my Startup listings down to ten programs. I also Searched my "C" partition for msiexec/* and then msiexec and nothing was found.

I have gotten to the point where one could define my efforts as insanity.

Windows Installer V. 5.0.14393.0

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

rfhar, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Home - msiexec.exe Always Running

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home - msiexec.exe Always Running

1. Windows 10 Home - msiexec.exe Always Running - Similar Threads - Home msiexec exe

2. Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home: Hi,I am trying to run exe file in Windows 10 Home Single language. But it says you are running this device in S mode and this version I can switch out of S mode. Can anyone help me?...
  3. can't run .exe files in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  4. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  5. Running a .exe with no GUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a .exe with no GUI: I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct it’ll display my passwords. This is obviously insecure because the user could edit the file and see all the data that’ll be...
  6. msiexec access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    msiexec access denied: Hello, Having got my new OC (10 Enterprise). I've done all the updating it required so it's fully up to date. I started to install all my programs. A few days later the install programs stopped working, both msi and exe. From what I can tell it's "msiexec.exe" which has...
  7. MSIEXEC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSIEXEC: So recently I tried installing this msi file. Completely normal, it asked me what app i wanted to use and i selected the first one : However the file does not install and it keeps asking me the same question over and over again even if i press ok it doesnt change. Any...
  8. Windows 10 not running .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not running .exe file: Hello, I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting...
  9. EXE files will not run in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EXE files will not run in Windows 10: Whenever I try to run "some" .exe files in Windows 10 I get the following error: ShellExecuteEx failed: code 1155. No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. How do I correct this?...
  10. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...