Windows 10: Windows 10 Home N won't activate

Discus and support Windows 10 Home N won't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; OK never mind, I just reinstalled Windows selecting the correct version and it was automatically activated. Now I'm in for another day of tweaking and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lophophora, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home N won't activate

OK never mind, I just reinstalled Windows selecting the correct version and it was automatically activated. Now I'm in for another day of tweaking and reinstalling all programs *Wink

Thanks.

Lophophora, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hi,

I have a Windows 10 Home licence and I just reinstalled Windows. I have foolishly selected Windows Home 10 N instead of Windows Home 10 and now my Windows won't activate.

I only noticed that after having configured Windows and reinstalled tons of programs. Is there a way I can activate this version of Windows? Or can I install Windows 10 Home without losing any of my programs and settings?

:)

Lophophora, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 home activation

I have a windows 7 home basic product key but I don't have a win 7 installer and am not ready to download a n iso image.

I have win 10 home, pro installer and when I installed win 10 home it says that the key is blocked. {Waited for 4 days but still it won't activate.}

iramsaqeeb, Apr 8, 2018
  4. stoob(2) Win User

Windows 10 Home N won't activate

Windows 10 activation issue (Win7>Win10 upgrade version)

I contacted the live online support and it seems I'd installed Windows 10 Home N, and whatever the N signifies. Re-installing with Windows 10 Home without the N, as advised by Shri, enabled activation.

Thanks all.

stoob(2), Apr 8, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    I am afraid not unless you buy a Home N licence. There is no way to reinstall 10 Home without a clean install.

cereberus, Apr 8, 2018
  6. Clintlgm Win User
    Windows 10 - It has everything that Microsoft offers for a windows OS.
    Windows 10N - The N version of Windows comes without a media player baked into the system.
    Windows 10KN - This version removes Windows' media playing capabilities.
    Windows SLP - This will have only language pre-installed.
    If you need to install windows 10 with multiple language then you need to install the language pack.
    Refer to the below link to install the language pack.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Just download the regular Home version and run a repair install MCT

Clintlgm, Apr 8, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    No, you can't activate Home N with a Home license. You would have to purchase a new licence for Home N.

You can't upgrade an N version to a normal version either, that was asked (and answered) in an earlier thread (Pro N to Pro) here...

Upgrade from Pro "N" version to full Pro

Bree, Apr 8, 2018
  8. Windows 10 Home N won't activate

OK never mind, I just reinstalled Windows selecting the correct version and it was automatically activated. Now I'm in for another day of tweaking and reinstalling all programs *Wink

Thanks.

Lophophora, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home N won't activate

1. Windows 10 Home N won't activate - Similar Threads - Home won't activate

2. Windows 7 Ultimate N won't activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Ultimate N won't activate: A client of mine purchased a very expensive automobile alignment system that came with a non-activated version of Windows 7 Ultimate N 32 bit. Why, for that kind of money $10,000 they wouldn't install and activate a current Microsoft OS is appalling, but I suspect it's...
  3. Windows 7 Ultimate N won't activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Ultimate N won't activate: A client of mine purchased a very expensive automobile alignment system that came with a non-activated version of Windows 7 Ultimate N 32 bit. Why, for that kind of money $10,000 they wouldn't install and activate a current Microsoft OS is appalling, but I suspect it's...
  4. Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused: Ok, so imma translate some of this from norwegian to english so some of the errors, etc might not be precisely what it'd say in english. The problem happened after i did a complete wipe of the computer, during the wiping i struggled with some errors using local and simple...
  5. Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused: Ok, so imma translate some of this from norwegian to english so some of the errors, etc might not be precisely what it'd say in english. The problem happened after i did a complete wipe of the computer, during the wiping i struggled with some errors using local and simple...
  6. Digital copy of windows 10 Core N Home N won't activate and i'm quite confused

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows 10 Home N

Windows 10 Home N: How do I purchase Windows 10 Home N from Microsoft? I have only seen regular versions of 10 Home offered on the site. I have an non-activated version on my desktop, and from what I seen in threads here, a product key from a regular version of 10 Home will not work....
  8. Activating Windows 10 N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 N: I recently built a PC and installed Windows 10 N on it. Thought there would be less bloat. Now, I have a Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 CD key from an old laptop HDD that isn't in use. The key doesn't activate my Windows 10 N. I get "the product key you entered didn't...
  9. Windows 10 Home won't activate!

Windows 10 Home won't activate!: Hey, After over a year+ of use, suddenly my windows 10 is asking to be activated. Red Error message on Settings > 'ACTIVATION' 'We cant activate because you dont have a valid code etc' Error: 0xC004F012 So I troubleshoot activation and get this error: Something...
  10. Windows 10 Home N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home N: Hello, 2 months ago i installed windows to my computer, i dont know why, but i choosed Windows 10 Home N. Today i bought a Product Key for Windows 10 Home, and i cant use it. All i want to do is to change my Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 Home, please help me!!!...