Windows 10: Windows 10 Home: No "UPDATES & SECURITY" menu choice under "SETTINGS"

Discus and support Windows 10 Home: No "UPDATES & SECURITY" menu choice under "SETTINGS" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I click on "SETTINGS" I get no sub-menu. That means I cannot upgrade Win 10 because there is no "UPGRADE & SECURITY" choice for me to make. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ben Myers, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Ben Myers Win User

Windows 10 Home: No "UPDATES & SECURITY" menu choice under "SETTINGS"

Please repost with more information, including whether you get a blank screen or everything except "Updates and Security".

Ben

Ben Myers, Apr 5, 2018
  2. ArtMurphy Win User

When I click on "SETTINGS" I get no sub-menu. That means I cannot upgrade Win 10 because there is no "UPGRADE & SECURITY" choice for me to make.
    I was given this system two years ago and after the first two months I've only used it occasionally.
    I did not choose to get automatic security upgrades, but only to be informed when they were available which has now bitten me in the butt.
    After getting the Microsoft Win 10 upgrade warning (upgrade by April 10) I discovered the problem with the missing menu.
    Any advice or counsel would be much appreciated.

:)

ArtMurphy, Apr 7, 2018
  3. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Apr 7, 2018
  4. moo09 Win User

N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Apr 7, 2018
  5. davidhk Win User
    Suggestion only :

Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

At the search bar at bottom left, type cmd > a popup box will appear >RIGHT click at Command Prompt > click Run as Administrator.
    At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this...... sfc /scannow
    >press Enter.

It will take quite a while.
    When finished, it will give a report.
    If it says (paraphrasing)..... found corrupt files and repair was successful......., exit the command prompt.
    Go to Settings and see if Update & Security option is now available.

davidhk, Apr 7, 2018
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 7, 2018
  7. mrgeek Win User
    "the Microsoft Win 10 upgrade warning (upgrade by April 10)"

You are likely still on version 1607 which reaches End of Life on this date. Hit Win+R, type winver then OK and post result here.
    You need to upgrade. Get the latest version here using the 'download tool now' - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft.../windows10ISO/
    then follow the process in the prev post for an In-place Upgrade using Option 4, the ISO mount.

mrgeek, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home: No "UPDATES & SECURITY" menu choice under "SETTINGS" - Similar Threads - Home UPDATES SECURITY

2. Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?: I can not find "set your homepage" under settings within edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-set-your-home-page-under-settings-in/1d24e7f8-0005-4228-ae74-748794414801
  3. Home Choice Tablet - Windows 10 - Touch not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Home Choice Tablet - Windows 10 - Touch not working: Hi, I have a Home Choice Proline Tablet/Laptop. The touchscreen screen worked all long, untill I stored the device away and when rebooting a while later the touch screen no longer responded. I tried following troubleshooting option via device manager by "HUman Interface...
  4. PowerShell choice menu wait for choice to finish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PowerShell choice menu wait for choice to finish: Hello, I am just getting started with PowerShell and need some advice please. I have a script that has a choice menu to install software. The Installations are started with batch files and ps1 files. If I only select 1 choice it works fine. However if I select 2 the choices...
  5. on settings, the choice internet and networking choice, dont work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    on settings, the choice internet and networking choice, dont work: Hi, on settings, the choice internet and networking choice, dont work. Also, in my task bar i dont see the internet sign. Or anything. But i can still connect to internet . what is happening ?...
  6. Device encryption menu not found in settings Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device encryption menu not found in settings Windows 10 Home: Hi, I turned off the device encryption in settings of Windows 10 home edition. Once, I did that, I was unable to undo that. It took several hours for decryption. After completion, when tried to turn it on again, the message showed, 'Something went wrong, please try...
  7. How to Un-pause updates under Updates and Security in Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Un-pause updates under Updates and Security in Settings?: My Acer Aspire 5738 has Windows 10 Home. Few months back, I put pause for 7 days on Win updates just to try. I don't see any benefit from it. So, I want to REMOVE this pause. I went to Advanced Options. I changed to Select Date in the drop down box below Pause Updates. And...
  8. Windows security under security providers:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security under security providers:: In windows security under security providers: Windows defender anti virus is on, firewall is on, but WEB PROTECTION shows no providers. What do I need for web protection?...
  9. Setting under start menu does not work windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting under start menu does not work windows 10: Setting under start menu does not work windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-under-start-menu-does-not-work-windows-10/2656c4d0-a0f8-49f9-9636-9122a4927069
  10. "Windows Update" Tab Missing Under "Update & Security"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Windows Update" Tab Missing Under "Update & Security": Hello, I noticed a few days ago that the "Windows Update" Tab in the "Update & Security" section of the Settings App had disappeared. [ATTACH] I've done all the basic troubleshooting steps, sfc, etc, nothing is reporting any errors or issues. I would prefer not to...