Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Not Using Full 20 GB of RAM

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Not Using Full 20 GB of RAM in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, I have Windows 10 and 20GB of RAM. I noticed recently that only 9 GB and change is available. I have a graphics card that supports 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by phillycodehound, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Home Not Using Full 20 GB of RAM

Hi All,

I have Windows 10 and 20GB of RAM. I noticed recently that only 9 GB and change is available. I have a graphics card that supports 2 monitors. Could this be it? I was also in on the beta channel.

I have a laptop on Windows 10 with 16 GB and I looked at the info and all 16 are being used.

What gives? Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Windows 10 Home Not Using Full 20 GB of RAM [​IMG]

:)

phillycodehound, Nov 29, 2015

2. What's the maximum RAM support for Windows 10 Home Edition and Professional OS

I'm assuming your answer above is not correct anymore. Am I right to assume that? Also, if I have Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64 bit I can upgrade to windows 10 64 bit and have 128GB ram support? I ask because i just purchased ram upgrade today to 24
    gb ram and didn't know it wasn't supported by Windows 7 home. So to clarify, Windows 10 Home 64 bit will allow me to have full use of my 24 GB ram upgrade?

How much RAM does each edition of Windows 10 support?

Edition

Amount

Windows 10 Home 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    128 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    512 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 64 bit
    512 GBs

DavidKohnen, Nov 29, 2015
  3. What's the maximum RAM support for Windows 10 Home Edition and Professional OS

I'm assuming your answer above is not correct anymore. Am I right to assume that? Also, if I have Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64 bit I can upgrade to windows 10 64 bit and have 128GB ram support? I ask because i just purchased ram upgrade today to 24
    gb ram and didn't know it wasn't supported by Windows 7 home. So to clarify, Windows 10 Home 64 bit will allow me to have full use of my 24 GB ram upgrade?

How much RAM does each edition of Windows 10 support?

Edition

Amount

Windows 10 Home 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    128 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    512 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 64 bit
    512 GBs

You table is not correct, do your homework and learn.

Windows 10 Pro x64 can recognize 2TB of RAM

64-BIT PC GAMES

Hardcore Games™, Nov 29, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Windows 10 Home Not Using Full 20 GB of RAM

Hi,

With a dedicated graphics card? Really ?
    Check the bios settings, it seems enormous that so much system memory can be shared for what sounds like a hybrid graphics solution.

Cheers *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 30, 2015
  5. I have a separate graphics card. not itegrated at all.

phillycodehound, Nov 30, 2015
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

So what's stealing half of the installed RAM ?

Obviously something isn't what it should be. Could you still check your bios settings just to make sure ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 30, 2015
  7. I looks like some of it (the older ram) was bad. so now I have a solid 16 GB

phillycodehound, Nov 30, 2015
  8. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Glad to see you have it sorted though.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 30, 2015
  9. I had a similar problem with my 16GB RAM, which had worked fine on Win 7 Ult, so when I upgraded to 10 and started experiencing lags, I naturally blamed W10. When I ran a Win Memory Diagnostic, it indicated there was some sort of glitch, with 8GB of 16 available. So I ran my standalone 'MemTest', a free app from Hci Design (MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows). As it has size restrictions, it allows multiple iterations to run simultaneously, so I ran it 4 times, simultaneously. 2 of the 4 iterations indicated there were defects in 2 of the 4 cards. Only problem is it does not tell which ones, so by trial and error (removed one at a time and ran tests, until I had the 2 that gave the errors removed). I replaced the 2 offending cards, re-ran the tests and got no errors on any of the cards, and 15.xGB available RAM. Have had no memory issues since. Simple and free (except for the cost of 2 new memory cards!) Whether or not your issue is bad modules, it sure can't hurt to try it. Be sure to read the manual that comes with the download. Good luck!

FreedomRydr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home Not Using Full 20 GB of RAM - Similar Threads - Home Using Full

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. Windows 10 using 24.5 GB of RAM 'News and interests'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 using 24.5 GB of RAM 'News and interests': [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/ozmd9pgjz2k91.png?width=915&format=png&auto=webp&s=61b170ea2f35286eb34fac3253ac55a8950af2d5 submitted by /u/Dikkelul27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wyczok/windows_10_using_245_gb_of_ram_news_and_interests/
  5. taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram: ive seen some other threads with this problem and ive seen that its usually specific to each pc like diff apps causing it so i decided to ask, ive already run dism andhttps://mega.nz/file/vIwU3LqA#cXAbLzVODFEG1rPSz78VilRclpCo_Np7iC94mEP5Ltsthis is the dmp file for taskhost,...
  6. taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram: ive seen some other threads with this problem and ive seen that its usually specific to each pc like diff apps causing it so i decided to ask, ive already run dism andhttps://mega.nz/file/vIwU3LqA#cXAbLzVODFEG1rPSz78VilRclpCo_Np7iC94mEP5Ltsthis is the dmp file for taskhost,...
  7. taskhostw.exe using 14 gb of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Background processes using 10 gb of ram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background processes using 10 gb of ram?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nitronium777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ij15r3/background_processes_using_10_gb_of_ram/
  9. Not able to use full Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to use full Ram: Hey guys I am facing a problem that i am only able to use 6 gb of ram out of 8 gb and i cant figure out how to solve this issue i tried resolving it in the bios but i cant i am using a hp ec 15...
  10. only 3.3GB of RAM is used from 4.0 GB installed, how to use full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    only 3.3GB of RAM is used from 4.0 GB installed, how to use full: in w10-64bit, (also in w7-32bit, w8-32bit in multiboot) only 3.3 GB of RAM is used from 4.0 GB installed DDR2 RAM. Is there any tweak to use full 4 GB RAM? thanks. -- Rawat 48313