Windows 10: Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

Discus and support Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two identical boxes with same issue- Windows 10 Home will not update to 1709. Here are the hardware specs & steps taken to fix the problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pointofsaleexp, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

I have two identical boxes with same issue- Windows 10 Home will not update to 1709. Here are the hardware specs & steps taken to fix the problem:

Dell Inspiron 3847
    Windows 10 Home ver 1607 OS Build 14393.1944
    Intel Core i5-4460 3.2G
    12GB RAM
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600
    1TB SATA HDD

It downloads and attempts to install the latest updates then several hours later reverts back to where it was.
    So far:
    - installed & ran Windows Update Troubleshooter & taken the steps that it suggests
    - renamed Windows 10 upgrade folder and downloaded the latest updates
    - deleted the software distribution folder & downloaded/installed again
    - ran windows cleanup and deleted all those files
    - tried stopping & disabling the windows update service to prevent it from continuing
    There is licensed software so a clean install is out of the question.

These PC's are installed in a restaurant and when this happens the whole place shuts down during lunch & dinner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

:)

pointofsaleexp, Dec 16, 2017
  2. RonDang Win User

Start,Search bar, Store, Settings, Photos, Not Working in Windows 10

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 and the Start,Search bar, Store, Settings, Photos, are Not Working in Windows 10. Last month, I had performed a PC reset to fix an issue with my computer. Now, I can't gain access to those apps. My Dell Inspiron 3847 is
    basically now useless. Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709 :(

RonDang, Dec 16, 2017
  3. Shenan Stanley, Dec 16, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

Hi pointofsaleexp. Welcome to the TenForums @pointofsaleexp

First off lets see if we can't stop the download.

Not sure how devices are connected, wi-fi or ethernet.

Start > Setting > Network & Internet > either Ethernet or Wi-fi > click on network name right side. On window that opens set Connection to Metered.

There can be many reasons for the update to fail. This article has some quick fixes to try and a lot of other information.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...dy_UpgradeTips

Rather than you downloading this update numerous times I would create a USB key with the update. Go to the Windows Media Creation toll. Download tool, execute tool, do not update this pc, create media, create USB key. It needs to be an 8GB key. (ALL data will be deleted from key.)

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

After you have worked through quick fixes, assuming one or more found issues and fixed them, insert key,navigate to key and double click setup. This is basically an in place repair / upgrade. Note the tips and warnings in tutorial.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

While the process is supposed to be non destructive I always recommend backing up data.

I'm not following your comment "No Clean Install because of licensed software". As you no doubt know Windows can do the unexpected, running setup could, likely won't but could, get you to a place where a clean install is necessary. Wanted to be above board.

Lets see if running the Quick fixes resolves your situation.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 17, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

1. Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709 - Similar Threads - Home Dell Inspiron

2. Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD: I've had a Dell Inspiron pretty much as long as it's been out and I started using for the first time in a while and noticed it was slow and got a 4TB Western Digital HDD to fix it. Because the HDDs were different I couldn't just copy the OS, and had to install windows 8.1 on...
  3. Dell Inspiron N5110 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron N5110 Update: Hi everyone! I am having Dell Inspiron 15 N5110 with specs as follows: Processor : Intel Core i5-2410M Ram : 4 GB Graphics : Intel HD Family OS : Windows 7 Home Basic, 64 bit I have my PC with the BIOS updated to A11 from A05 just a few days back. Earlier, when I tried...
  4. Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home

Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home: Can a Dell Inspiron 1545, currently running Windows 7 Home Premium be updated to Windows 10 Home? Last month I unearthed a long forgotten Dell Inspiron 1545 from the back of a cabinet at my church. I was able to hack the unit (the person who donated it is no longer with us...
  5. Can I see a DVD on my Dell Inspiron 3847

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I see a DVD on my Dell Inspiron 3847: Can I see play a DVD on my Dell Inspiron 3847 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-see-a-dvd-on-my-dell-inspiron-3847/38870567-5fa7-4379-9125-341e0a221f8e
  6. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  7. Dell Inspiron 3847 Windows 10 Won't Turn On.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron 3847 Windows 10 Won't Turn On.: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 that is about 4-5 years old. About a month ago it began having issues powering on and off, it would hang up when I tried to power it down. About 5 days ago I shut it down and since then It will not turn back on. I am able to push the button on...
  8. Dell inspiron N5110 window 10 update chaos

Dell inspiron N5110 window 10 update chaos: Here some of the info that may be needed: update: kb4284835 ms window 10 home 10.0.17134 build 17134 (upgrade offer from window 7 well with in the time limit for free copy) core i5 8gb ram geforce gpu. The issue all started yesterday 26/8/18 from a update 30 min...
  9. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  10. Cannot boot from CD in new Dell 3847 w/Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot boot from CD in new Dell 3847 w/Windows 10 Home: Dell 3847 Inspiron with Windows 10 Home OS. I can change the BIOS to boot from ODD as the primary but system still boots to Windows. Dell support had me update chipset drivers but no luck. After an hour of trial and error they then wanted to transfer me to someone that I had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inspiron 3847 windows 10 1809

2. inspiron 3147 wont update windows

3. dell inspiron 3847 wont update to windows 10 1809

4. windows 10 dell inspiron 3847,
  5. inspiron 3847 windows 10 support,
  6. dell laptop will not install windows updates inspiron 3847,
  7. command prompts for dell inspiron 3847 with windows 10