Windows 10: Windows 10 Home PC, which encounters updating issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Home PC, which encounters updating issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Home edition PC, whenever I do Windows update, I always encounter a problem, especially this one '2018-07 Cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonEvoXC, Jul 15, 2018.

1. JonEvoXC Win User

Windows 10 Home PC, which encounters updating issues

Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Home edition PC, whenever I do Windows update, I always encounter a problem, especially this one '2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4338819) -Error 0x80070005'. I don't understand and tried to resolve it by searching online, unfortunately it doesn't help. Anybody has a better solution? Please help. Thank you in advance.

:)

JonEvoXC, Jul 15, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Home PC, which encounters updating issues

Windows 10 Support for Older Hardware Encountering Difficulties, Cut Off

As part of its new "Windows as a Service" model, Microsoft elected to provide users with a guaranteed, steady stream of updates with virtually no clear, hard-defined EOL. However, Microsoft took refuge, as well it should, from an increasingly difficult support for different hardware sets: a little footnote, saying that you are eligible for Windows 10 for the "supported lifetime of the device." Yes, it's true you now don't have to purchase a new Windows version. But that also means that your devices potentially won't be supported for Microsoft's previous 5 + 5 policy (meaning, 5 years of feature and security updates, and 5 extra years for security updates only.)

The systems in question - built around Intel's Clover Trail Atom processors - are generally low-cost, low-power machines (mainly 2-in-1) released between 2012 and 2015 under Windows 8 and 8.1. These systems were deemed ready to receive Windows 10; however, they are currently blocked from installing Windows 10 Version 1703 - the "Creators Update." Attempts to install result in a message saying that "Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC." The problem is that each Windows 10 update receives security fixes for just 18 months. Version 1607, the latest that these Clover Trail machines can install, will drop out of support in early 2018 - after which they'll cease to receive any patches at all.

Windows 10 Home PC, which encounters updating issues nkRysjKKdnYY16ua_thm.jpg

Windows 10 Home PC, which encounters updating issues ktsXuuLDOajiJRqv_thm.jpg

This problem may yet be temporary, however, since Acer has issued an official support response to this issue, which I transcribe below:

"The following Intel Clover Trail processors are currently not supported on Windows 10 Creators Update:

• Atom Z2760
    • Atom Z2520
    • Atom Z2560
    • Atom Z2580
    Microsoft is working with us to help provide compatible drivers to address this incompatibility. If you install the Windows 10 creators update, icons and text may not appear at all, or may show up as solid color blocks or bars. If you have already installed Creators Update and are experiencing problems, you can use Windows 10 recovery options to restore your system to the previous build."

Even if this problem is temporary, though, it begs the question: how temporary is it? And how soon will these systems (or others, for that matter) start encountering compatibility problems again? Because as hardware evolves and Windows 10 carries on with its updates, the amount of possible hardware configurations will only increase - hardware configurations, and hardware platforms, for which the Redmond company will have to bake in support. And it stands to reason that Microsoft will continuously prefer to support new and newer systems, choosing to prioritize these over older hardware configurations.

Sources: ZDNet, ArsTechnica

Raevenlord, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home PC, which encounters updating issues

1. Windows 10 Home PC, which encounters updating issues - Similar Threads - Home encounters updating

2. Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update: So basically, I got the notification that an update is available and I updated. But when I booted my PC up the taskbar was broken and when I hovered over it it would make my cursor load as if the taskbar isn't responding. And when I clicked the taskbar it would do what...
  3. Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update: So basically, I got the notification that an update is available and I updated. But when I booted my PC up the taskbar was broken and when I hovered over it it would make my cursor load as if the taskbar isn't responding. And when I clicked the taskbar it would do what...
  4. Encountering a major issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home Update Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Update Issue: I am running Windows 10 Home and recently updated it to 20H2. I ran Windows update and it updated all drivers and what not. Now it says "You're not up to date" and "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." But doesn't list any. I hit the Check for updates...
  6. Windows 10 Home Update Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Update Issue: I am running Windows 10 Home and recently updated it to 20H2. I ran Windows update and it updated all drivers and what not. Now it says "You're not up to date" and "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." But doesn't list any. I hit the Check for updates...
  7. Windows 10 Home Update Issue

8. Windows 10 update - error encountered

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update - error encountered: Does anyone know what i could do to fix this error? https://imgur.com/a/asr5pjl Ive tried running the troubleshooter, and running a windows update repair made by tweaking . com Also tried changing my dns from 1.1.1.1 to 8.8.8.8 and to my router. submitted by...
  9. Error Encountered Issue Windows 10 Update

Error Encountered Issue Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] Hi, this problem has been on my laptop a couple days ago. Whenever I try updating windows, I always get this message. I already tried resetting my laptop, still, no luck. Also tried the cmd process, this one: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc...
  10. Which Windows 10 is the best for home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which Windows 10 is the best for home: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam Please be nice to help me and me that Windows 10 is the best to install at home. What is the difference between Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 pro N, Windows Home, Windows 10 Enterprise and what is the best Windows. What Windows Should I Install At...