Windows 10: Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, error 0x8000FFFF

Discus and support Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, error 0x8000FFFF in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when trying to "Go to Store" to upgrade from home to pro, I receive a page that says "We're not sure how you got here, but you can't buy this version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sousapro, Nov 3, 2015.

1. sousapro Win User

Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, error 0x8000FFFF

when trying to "Go to Store" to upgrade from home to pro, I receive a page that says "We're not sure how you got here, but you can't buy this version of Windows 10." I have already created a new windows 10 home usb using the media creation tool and then run it within my previous installation of windows and told it to keep nothing. How do I proceed forward?

:)

sousapro, Nov 3, 2015

2. Error code 0X8000FFFF

I upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10. I cannot download any upgrades. I get the 0x8000FFFF error message.

BillStucker, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Windows Pro 10 clean install (resulting in the error: 0xc004f210).

Hi Kieron,

You are getting this error as you are trying to upgrade with a Windows 8 product key on Windows 10. Windows 8 Pro product key cannot be used to upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro. As the laptop was preinstalled with Windows 8 home your computer
    was upgraded to Windows 10 home after the change in hardware.

In order to activate Windows 10 Pro on the laptop you may have to undergo the lengthy process of upgrading to Windows 8 Pro and then to Windows 10 Pro.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 3, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

There is no upgrade path from Home to Pro.
    Upgrade path is " like to like "........................ Home to Home, Pro to Pro.
    The only way to switch from Home to Pro is to buy a Pro license, do a Clean Install using the Pro version installation media and the Pro product key.

davidhk, Nov 3, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You most certainly can upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. You can purchase the upgrade in the Windows Store, or just enter a Pro product key if you purchased one somewhere else.

Is your current Windows 10 Home activated?

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    .................You most certainly can upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. You can purchase the upgrade in the Windows Store, or just enter a Pro product key if you purchased one somewhere else....................

Have you tried that yourself ?

davidhk, Nov 3, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep. My laptop also has a digital entitlement for both home and pro Windows 10 saved on Microsoft Activation Servers. I have installed Home, then upgraded to pro by just changing the product key to the Windows 10 Pro generic product key, a couple minutes download, a couple minutes upgrade, and I switch to Pro. Can't go back the other way, from Pro to Home, though, it's a one way upgrade.

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

OK. Thank you very much.
    I learn something today.

davidhk, Nov 3, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, error 0x8000FFFF [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  10. Just to add, I haven't gone Home to Pro, but I have gone Pro to Education and Pro to Enterprise, just by entering the product code in change product code box. In Windows 8.1 its called Add Features, they just don't call it that in Windows 10. Does the same thing though, unlocks or downloads the added features of the Edition you upgrading to with no physical media required.

alphanumeric, Nov 3, 2015
  11. sousapro Win User
    I received that screen on another (identical) laptop but I cannot get it to appear on this one. region is en_us and has been since I received it. any other ideas?

sousapro, Nov 4, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    From a command prompt run "slmgr /dlv" without the quotes. Please post the results here. We'll see if you have a good license for Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Nov 5, 2015
  13. sousapro Win User

Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, error 0x8000FFFF [​IMG]

sousapro, Nov 5, 2015
  14. Superfly Win User
    That's interesting. You are activated with a Win8 OEM Core key (according to your Extended PID anyway)

I assume this only applies to OEM keys. I just activated 10586 with a Win7 Retail key and it shows the Win10 retail PID.
    No trace of my Win 7 key.

Superfly, Nov 5, 2015
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    And the product key -3667T appears to be coming from Windows 8, not Windows 10:
    Blocked Product Key for Windows 8 Pro - Microsoft Community

That's why the OP can't upgrade from this Home to Pro - the license appears to be invalid. How would you suggest the OP proceed, @Superfly?

NavyLCDR, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, error 0x8000FFFF - Similar Threads - home pro upgrade

2. Windows 10 Pro: Error 0x8000ffff Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro: Error 0x8000ffff Microsoft Store: There was a thread on this, but the solutions mentioned didn't help. It says 'Page could not be loaded. Please try again later.'CV: QWF0HSLOGE6t0rbY in case it helps....
  3. Windows 10 Pro: Error 0x8000ffff Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro: Error 0x8000ffff Microsoft Store: There was a thread on this, but the solutions mentioned didn't help. It says 'Page could not be loaded. Please try again later.'CV: QWF0HSLOGE6t0rbY in case it helps....
  4. Mineraft windows 10 error 0x8000FFFF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mineraft windows 10 error 0x8000FFFF: When I open microsoft store everything works, but when i search minecraft which i clearly own it says error 0x8000FFFF and i tried clearing cache in the store, reseting the app, pretty much everything i could find and nothing. Someone please help me out!...
  5. 0x8000FFFF when upgrading to pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0x8000FFFF when upgrading to pro.: Since WSL2 uses Hyper-V I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. But the store keeps giving me the 0x8000FFFF error. I'm on build 2004 (20180.1000) Home Insider Preview. Windows is activated. I already ran wsreset.exe multiple times without any results. submitted by...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro Error: Hi When I upgrade from Home to Pro, it takes in the key and says when the progress percentage reaches 100 the system will restart. After 100 percent it throws error and with some random error code. Then I manually restarted the PC then it says we're adding some features,...
  7. Error upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: 1 week ago I bought ms office and windows 10 pro. I tried to upgrade but I get the error 0xc004f050. I tried with different key but nothing. How to fix it? submitted by /u/hfjim [link] [comments]...
  8. 0x8000ffff Windows 10 Update Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x8000ffff Windows 10 Update Error: My PC got problem it says " There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4556799 - Error 0x8000ffff " can you help...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro - Activation Error

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro - Activation Error: Hi, I bought a laptop with windows home edition and in the windows store I bought the update to windows pro, but when the update was installed the new edition of windows is not activated. I ran the troubleshoot tool, but it didn't fix the problem. [ATTACH] When entering...
  10. Windows 10 error 0x8000ffff

Windows 10 error 0x8000ffff: Hello, I have windows 10 pro, upgraded from original windows 8 pro OS. From 5 to 6 days, I am trying to update windows store app, but during installing app it is giving me error 0x8000ffff. Also when I am going to windows update, no new update is shown. Also I have tried the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x8000ffff upgrade from home to pro