Windows 10: Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade...

Discus and support Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have been thinking of upgrading my current Home version of Windows 10 to the Pro version, just to get a little more control over updates, do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by stuarttunstall, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade...

Hi

I have been thinking of upgrading my current Home version of Windows 10 to the Pro version, just to get a little more control over updates, do you think the upgrade is worth the £120 that they want via the Windows Store? I would only buy a 100% GENUINE upgrade even though you see them on Amazon/Ebay for aboy £10 *Smile

Stuart

:)

stuarttunstall, Nov 29, 2017

2. product key and Windows 10 upgrade

No, but you could upgrade to Windows 10 home, then buy the Pro add-on so you can upgrade. Normally Windows 10 Pro costs $199, but if you already have Windows 10 Home edition, you can upgrade to Pro edition for only $99 instead (which is the same cost
    as upgrading Windows 7 home to 7 pro). See "How to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro".

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 29, 2017
  3. How to upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

Really? It is free to upgrade Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home, then $90 to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. But $199 to upgrade Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro? Am I reading that right?

Paul from NZ, Nov 29, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade...

CountMike, Nov 29, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    It is all about financial risk. I bought one of the cheap keys and it just worked. Even if key gets blocked later because key turns out to be dodgy, it really does not matter that much as you will have a digital licence which remains in perpetuity tied to mobo - FCU only checks your key is valid at installation time but never uses it otherwise.

Some will say it is not legal to buy such keys, which is not actually the case really as there is no law that says you cannot. It is of course against not in accordance with EULA for vendors to sell such keys, but MS never seems to actively take steps to stop this practice which has gone on for years.

Crucially, this is not piracy, unlike users who use illegal techniques to activate volume licence keys for example.
    Of course, caveat emptor definitely applies as there are vendors who scam you.

Only you can judge if you are willing to risk £10 or not. To me that gives you 11 bites at the cherry before you are worse off. You would be incredibly unlucky to be scammed by 12 different vendors.

In the end, it is risk-reward, and of course your own moral conscience.

cereberus, Nov 29, 2017
  6. HI,
    Yes 10 Pro is about the only version worth using
    A few more update options to curb some of the test updates MS pushes out to Home versions first.
    Get to finally kill the silly lock screen......

ThrashZone, Nov 29, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    The same options are rolled out to Home and Pro at exactly the same time!

You can kill lockscreen on Home with a simple regedit (except AU version).

cereberus, Nov 29, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade...

Hi,
    I believe that tweak for lock screen on home only applies to wake up not start up.

ThrashZone, Nov 29, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    Only for AU.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade...

1. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade... - Similar Threads - Home Pro upgrade

2. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi. Hope someone can help/advise. I have recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 Home installed and want to upgrade it to Pro. I have a paid-for copy of Windows 7 Pro which was installed on an my previous computer, which was then upgraded to Windows 10. This licence...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade: I upgraded from Windows 10 home to Pro on 3/27/19 on a new Asus computer. That Asus has now fried the mother board and I would like to use the upgrade to Pro on my new Dell. Is this possible? I am not fixing the Asus due to the cost of the motherboard. Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro: I just bought a new laptop. Came with Windows 10 Home. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Went to Microsoft Store and purchase Window 10 Pro upgrade. After purchasing it and install. Windows try to Active but it can't. I know that Windows 10 Home was Activate before...
  5. Upgrade windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade windows 10 Home to Pro: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro Edition. I have a product key. When I go to update the Activation asks for a series of 6 digit numbers. My product key is all 5 digit numbers. I had it on a laptop that is no longer usable. How do I activate this ?...
  6. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: I purchased a HP Laptop that's part of the Microsoft 3rd Party Refurbisher Program. It comes with a Microsoft Windows 10 Home product key affixed indicating that it is part of the Microsoft 3rd Party Refurbisher Program. I'm trying to figure out my options to upgrade...
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I've thinking to create a Active Director to control ~30 Windows machines. But all these machines are Windows Home (OEM). Can I upgrade all of them to Windows Pro in my company using Windows Store? Or need I to contact some Microsoft Business Center? Thanks in...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 home to Pro

Upgrade Windows 10 home to Pro: I have been trying to upgrade a business laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro, but can't manage to buy the licence. I follow the instructions here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro But when I go to the store and try to login I...
  9. windows 10 home to pro upgrade

windows 10 home to pro upgrade: hi I tried upgrading using the default key before changing to a valid key. but it seeps that I keep hitting 80070057 error I have tried dism, sfc scannow, update troubleshoot etc etc. up to no avail... "Something interrupted our troubleshooting.Make sure that you're...
  10. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade: I mistakenly upgraded to the Pro version from windows 10 Home which came installed on my Asus laptop without verifying that Home had been activated. Now Microsoft doesn't recognize the digital license which I got when I bought Pro. What should I do?...