Windows 10: Windows 10 Home vs Pro on network: Home won't allow browse shared fldr

Discus and support Windows 10 Home vs Pro on network: Home won't allow browse shared fldr in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can someone help me sort this? I have a bunch of devices on my lan, some by ethernet some wireless. One Windows 10 Pro desktop, on ethernet, serves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cognus, Feb 26, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

Windows 10 Home vs Pro on network: Home won't allow browse shared fldr

can someone help me sort this? I have a bunch of devices on my lan, some by ethernet some wireless.
    One Windows 10 Pro desktop, on ethernet, serves all the other devices - at least in theory. Working well, no big issues.
    But with my Windows 10 Home edition on a Zenbook, with networking on, network discovery on, public folder shared, I can RDP into the other windows 10 machine just fine, I can map network drives etc. Life's good, right?

With my 'droid, using ES File Manager, I can move files easily between windows 7 machine, Windows 10 desktop, other droids, etc. However, the ONE MACHINE it cannot get coherent is the Zenbook running Windows 10 Home. It simply will not connect with the correct IP and credentials. I can "see" the machine by scanning the network map with the Droid, access it, setup the credentials, but cannot get in. I am wild-guessing the firewall may be blocking but I have no trouble doing what's needed with the other Windows 10 machine, so ...... stumped. Both are fully updated to latest win 10 updates, both are essentially set same way networking-wise to my knowledge.

Anyone have a clue here?

:)

cognus, Feb 26, 2016

2. home network with windows home and pro

Sharing files and networking is no different in Home vs Pro. There are no special features or bells or whistles in Pro for what you want to do.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Home Remote Desktop/ Terminal Services

Hello,

Can you confirm that Windows 10 Home edition cannot use Remote Desktop as a way of remotely accessing a Windows 10 Home because it does not come with a
    Terminal Service License? In my experience with Windows 10 Home after an update pushed out in April of 2017, it appears that you need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro to acquire a Terminal Service license. Is that
    true?

If so, how many Terminal Service licenses does Windows 10 Pro allow for vs a server?

Thank you,

Jenna Sopko, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Home vs Pro on network: Home won't allow browse shared fldr

1. Windows 10 Home vs Pro on network: Home won't allow browse shared fldr - Similar Threads - Home Pro network

2. Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition: I always install Pro edition everywhere. Few days ago I decided to install windows 10 home on my home pc. First thing I observed is that even if you sign in with Microsoft account, you do not need to have password on your account. Also during setup it asks to enter your...
  3. Windows 10 Pro vs Home

Windows 10 Pro vs Home: Sorry in advance if this is a re-occurring question that happens in this subreddit but I really am getting fed up with people telling me I need to get a windows 10 pro version of a laptop because its better for productivity. While yes, I do understand it might have better...
  4. Windows 10 Home vs. Windows Pro

Windows 10 Home vs. Windows Pro: Hi, I bought a laptop (via auction) that was advertised as coming with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I ran the initial setup (it was brand new), but offline (because I didn't want to register it yet, it's for somebody else). After I logged it, it said "Windows 10 Home". Is it...
  5. Windows 10 Pro vs Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro vs Windows 10 Home: I have seen a PC that I like that comes with Windows 10 Pro installed. I have only ever used Windows 10 Home and I don't need the Pro version (it will be a stand-alone PC with no others networked) but that's what I will get if I buy the PC. Q1 - Are there any extra setup...
  6. windows 10 home vs pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 home vs pro: I am buying a new computer and have always used Windows home. Found a good price on a Dell, but it has Windows Pro. Any downside or big difference I should now about between the two? I do not need Pro, but that is what comes on the pc. Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Home vs pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home vs pro: Hello, I need advise on win 10 home or pro is better for gamming and multimedia (movies, music) ? 123387
  8. Home vs Pro Permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Home vs Pro Permissions: Hello, I am the administrator on a church PC running Windows 10 HOME. I'm consistently having issues with other users changing settings, downloading and installing software, and otherwise just making my job much more difficult. I'm constantly fixing something that someone...
  9. Windows 10 home vs pro

Windows 10 home vs pro: This question has probably already been asked a few times, but do i really need windows 10 pro? I use my computer for gaming and browsing the internet, and looking at some of the features from the professional version, i dont really see the need for any one them....
  10. 8.1 to 10 - Home vs Pro

8.1 to 10 - Home vs Pro: Been out of the loop for around 12 days and I am curious about the upgrade to 10. After trying various TP's on a separate hard drive I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my 8.1 using 10166, it was then updated to 10240 as a pro edition. After missing the 29th launch I got...