Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything went fine until about a week later when I could no longer cold boot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bdaleypsu, Sep 7, 2015.

1. bdaleypsu Win User

Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything went fine until about a week later when I could no longer cold boot. I'd get the Windows logo and the spinning dots, but Windows would never load. I'd manually turn the power on and off several times until Windows diagnostics loaded. Then if I chose restart, Windows would load fine.

I tried turning fast start on and off, this made no difference. So I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home from DVD. Once again, everything was fine for about a week, then the exact same issue started happening again. Once again, enabling or disabling fast start didn't make a difference.

Dell just had a BIOS update, which I thought might take care of the issue, but no such luck.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix this? I had ZERO startup issues on Windows 8/8.1. It's very annoying to have to restart 3 times every time I want to cold boot.

Thanks for your help.

:)

bdaleypsu, Sep 7, 2015

2. Long Windows Boot

I am using Windows 10. Ever since my last upgrade of Windows 10, my computer takes 20-30 minutes to boot from a cold boot. Warm boot is not a problem.

Before the upgrade it took 5 minutes to boot from a cold boot.

I have tried a clean boot, adding in one program at a time, but nothing was revealed.

I would like to return to a 5-minute boot, if possible.

Any workable solution appreciated.

Marco265MP, Sep 7, 2015
  3. HansM1955 Win User
    BSOD's and system freezing

Reinstalled Windows 10, but I think it will crash on a cold boot...

Help please!

HansM1955, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

1. Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot - Similar Threads - Home Cold Boot

2. BSOD on cold boot only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, I have a problem with my custom build desktop that is a bit annoying, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one described here. My problem is that every cold boot (by this I mean a start of the computer after it has been shut down...
  3. Slow Cold Boot on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Cold Boot on SSD: Hi My problem is slow boot time on SSD (NVMe 960 EVO) for first boot but the warm boot is not bad! This happens after updating some drivers or Windows itself! Also i disabled SysMain service and not help. Is there a way to measure which driver take long time to boot or some...
  4. Z370 Cold boot issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Z370 Cold boot issue: Hello all it's been a while. I hope you're all well. I'll apologize in advanced as this will have you scratching your heads. I recently upgraded and since day 1 I've had trouble with cold boots, restarts are fine but if I shut down my pc and leave it for 15 minutes it won't...
  5. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  6. BSOD at every cold boot

BSOD at every cold boot: Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot. This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is: MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene CPU: Intel i5-6600k RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition Windows 10 Pro 64bit Hoping this is...
  7. BSOD on only cold boots

BSOD on only cold boots: I got a custom built pc for christmas and it has been getting BSOD's since it was built and they have only been happening on cold boots, and the file that is having problems is ntoskrnl. I would love if someone could find the problem that has been going on for weeks. 39014
  8. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...
  9. Win 10 after a cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 after a cold boot: This happens when I power up the pc and it boots. The desktop appears, and when I click normally on an icon (a desktop shortcut) to open it, it doesn't open. Instead I get the menu that I would get if I had right-clicked on the icon. If I open it from there, there are...
  10. Windows 10 64 bit consistently will NOT cold boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 64 bit consistently will NOT cold boot.: Hey all, any help will be greatly appreciated! I will try and describe my problem as best I can. Whenever I turn my computer off (full shutdown) it will not boot back up properly unless I hit the restart switch during the windows loading icon. The spinning dots never start,...