Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything went fine until about a week later when I could no longer cold boot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bdaleypsu, Sep 7, 2015.

1. bdaleypsu Win User

Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything went fine until about a week later when I could no longer cold boot. I'd get the Windows logo and the spinning dots, but Windows would never load. I'd manually turn the power on and off several times until Windows diagnostics loaded. Then if I chose restart, Windows would load fine.

I tried turning fast start on and off, this made no difference. So I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home from DVD. Once again, everything was fine for about a week, then the exact same issue started happening again. Once again, enabling or disabling fast start didn't make a difference.

Dell just had a BIOS update, which I thought might take care of the issue, but no such luck.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix this? I had ZERO startup issues on Windows 8/8.1. It's very annoying to have to restart 3 times every time I want to cold boot.

Thanks for your help.

:)

bdaleypsu, Sep 7, 2015

2. Long Windows Boot

I am using Windows 10. Ever since my last upgrade of Windows 10, my computer takes 20-30 minutes to boot from a cold boot. Warm boot is not a problem.

Before the upgrade it took 5 minutes to boot from a cold boot.

I have tried a clean boot, adding in one program at a time, but nothing was revealed.

I would like to return to a 5-minute boot, if possible.

Any workable solution appreciated.

Marco265MP, Sep 7, 2015
  3. HansM1955 Win User
    BSOD's and system freezing

Reinstalled Windows 10, but I think it will crash on a cold boot...

Help please!

HansM1955, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

1. Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot - Similar Threads - Home Cold Boot

2. Windows 10 skips BCD bootloader on cold boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 skips BCD bootloader on cold boot: Hello,I am facing a very obscure issue. To solve Windows update issues relevant issue, I am now using the Windows BCD bootloader using EasyBCD with Linux as the default boot option after 10s. However, I can reliably reproduce the following issue:Cold boot from battery:...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  5. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot

Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot: I have been having these problem for a couple of weeks now and it is very consistent. Everyday when II turn the computer for the first time it always crashes after 1 few minutes consistently and after I hard reset it, it runs fine. So far I have tried the following method I...
  7. Windows firewall crashes on cold boot

Windows firewall crashes on cold boot: Hi, recently i've seen some issues with windows firewall crashing on cold boot and with that RDP fails to connect to servers. Although the issue is gone when reboot is done. And when the issue is ongoing, trying to open windows firewall settings from control panel also...
  8. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  9. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...
  10. Win 10 after a cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 after a cold boot: This happens when I power up the pc and it boots. The desktop appears, and when I click normally on an icon (a desktop shortcut) to open it, it doesn't open. Instead I get the menu that I would get if I had right-clicked on the icon. If I open it from there, there are...