Windows 10: Windows 10 homegroup password problem

Discus and support Windows 10 homegroup password problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 PC and a Windows 10 Laptop that I want to network in a homegroup. I setup the homegroup on the PC and that process generated a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rllyon, Nov 25, 2015.

1. rllyon Win User

Windows 10 homegroup password problem

I have a windows 10 PC and a Windows 10 Laptop that I want to network in a homegroup. I setup the homegroup on the PC and that process generated a password. The PC is shown as being a member of the homegroup. When I attempt to connect the laptop all goes well until I get to the point of entering the password. I am using the password that appears as the group PW on the PC. However, on the laptop I repeatedly get the message that it is an incorrect PW. The computers are connected over a home wireless network.

:)

rllyon, Nov 25, 2015
  2. whuyckjr Win User

It asks to Join the Home group after upgrading to Windows 10 even after configuring the Home group before upgrading the PC.

I recently loaded Windows 10 over Windows 7. When I try to connect to the homegroup the homegroup option only allows for "Join Now" then asks for the "password" The problem is the PC the homegroup was started on is the PC I am on. I cannot get the password.
    So, the PC I need to join the homegroup on is the on Windows said started the homegroup and I cannot get the password. THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS allowed except join the homegroup on this PC.

So How do I correct this very frustrating problem?

Original title: Windows 10 Homegroup

whuyckjr, Nov 25, 2015
  3. I have issues with Homegroup while connecting my Windows 10 computer and Windows 7 computer.

<Original title: Windows 10>

I have two machines - one on Windows 7 and the other on Windows 10. I have just upgraded the latter to Windows 10.

My problem is with HomeGroup. Going to Control Panel/HomeGroup only give me two options: changing the advanced settings (a set of sharing choices, e.g.
    Documents), starting the HomeGroup Troubleshooter or Join Now.

The Troubleshooter simply tells me that there are network problems, even though both machines can see each other in File Explorer.

If I click on Join Now, the Type the HomeGroup Password screen invites me to enter the password. The only passwords that I have are the login passwords of the two machines. Both of them fail.

I can't find any options for creating a new HomeGroup, deleting a HomeGroup or changing a HomeGroup password.

Please tell me what to do

StephenRinteln, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 homegroup password problem

1. Windows 10 homegroup password problem - Similar Threads - homegroup password problem

2. can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10: All of the instructions that I seem to be able to find in reference to View (find) the password for a Homegroup give me instructions such as "1. Click Start & then click Control Panel"; "2. Click Network and Internet and then click HomeGroup"; 3. View or print the homegroup...
  3. Homegroup problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Homegroup problems: Respected, I have some issues with the homegroup. My computer is the main one and i created the homegroup. I have bought a new computer and when i wanted to connect with my homegroup, it is written that windows online troubleshooting service is disabled. So i cannot add...
  4. Homegroup Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup Password?: Where do I find my homegroup password? I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies. Thank you, Shirley https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-password/c32b50ed-6076-46c1-a35a-bc5daae0a932
  5. HomeGroup problem

HomeGroup problem: hi all. this is my first post so be gentle please....*Smile My Problem:- When I turn on my pc the first screen that shows up is the stock windows 10 screen....... however, there is a box with 'HomeUserGroup$' and a request for a password (This is to get to my personal...
  6. Another Windows 10 HomeGroup problem

Another Windows 10 HomeGroup problem: Hi Several months ago I created a Home Group and all was working fine. I hadn't made use of it in a while and the password has since gone from my memory. The problem I'm having is I can see under the Network tab that both PC's are connected but I am unable to...
  7. More Homegroup Problems

More Homegroup Problems: Hi... I created a home group on my desktop while I had windows 7 installed... (I can not remember the password) Now after Upgrading to Windows 10 I can't access it... not from 1 of the PC's that were on this homegoup... none of us are on the homegroup, thus this...
  8. Problem with homegroup

Problem with homegroup: I recently installed win 10 on all our home computers 2 laptops and 4 desktops. before win 10 we had a homegroup and were sharing printers etc now the homegroups seem to have gotten totally messed up with the install of win 10. Three of our computers are win 10 home and 3 are...
  9. Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10: How to: Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream...
  10. View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10: How to: View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also...