Windows 10: Windows 10 Homegroup Pictures Library "Working on it"

Discus and support Windows 10 Homegroup Pictures Library "Working on it" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers in a Homegroup. I have been able to share files with no issue between the two - except today I noticed that I get a "Working on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kbrahm, Jul 1, 2016.

1. kbrahm Win User

Windows 10 Homegroup Pictures Library "Working on it"

I have two computers in a Homegroup. I have been able to share files with no issue between the two - except today I noticed that I get a "Working on it" message and File Explorer hangs when trying to pull up the Pictures library from one of the computers. The other libraries (Videos, documents, etc.) work fine.

I've removed sharing. I've removed the offending computer from the Homegroup.

Neither fixed.

Any ideas?

:)

kbrahm, Jul 1, 2016
  2. ADBurton Win User

Access to Homegroup by Windows 10 and Windows 7 laptops

<p>Our household has 2 laptops - one running Windows 10 and another on Windows 7, both 64 bit.&nbsp; I successfully set up a Homegroup using the Windows 10 machine and added the Windows 7 machine to the Homegroup.&nbsp; When I access the Homegroup on the
    Windows 10 machine, I can find the Windows 7 machine and access all documents, pictures and videos as expected.&nbsp; When I access the Homegroup on the Windows 7 machine, I can not see any of these items -- only the library icons, but clicking on them does
    not open anything.&nbsp; </p><p></p><p>I went back to the Windows 10 machine and selected a couple of random folders in my Documents library, right clicked and marked them "Share with Homegroup (view and edit)".&nbsp; Once I did this, the folders appeared
    on the Windows 7 Homegroup screen (not within the Documents library icon, but on the same screen next to the library icons).&nbsp; When I click to open the folder on the Windows 7 machine, I get the following:&nbsp; Error Code: 0x80070035 The network path
    was not found.&nbsp; When I click "Diagnose", it returns a message saying "Windows can't find "&lt;folder path name&gt;". The name might be misspelled."&nbsp; I clicked "Next" and the troubleshooting ends with confirming the Windows 10 laptop exists, but Windows
    can't find "Users".</p><p></p><p>Please help as I cannot find any useful information in online searches.</p>

ADBurton, Jul 1, 2016
  3. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jul 1, 2016
  4. ksio89 Win User

How are you sharing the Pictures folder? You have two ways to share libraries among Homegroup users on Windows:

1) choosing to share Pictures library between Homegroup users;

2) right-clicking the Pictures library folder on This PC, and selecting "Share with>Homegroup (view and edit)". Try to do the last step and see if you are able to access Picture folder from the other computer member of your Homegroup.

ksio89, Jul 5, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    It sounds like the Index is messed up on both machines. If just two computers, use standard Folder Sharing, instead of using Home Group to share a shortcut to a library.

bro67, Jul 5, 2016
  6. kbrahm Win User
    I'm pretty sure I tried both methods. The odd thing is that it worked for a second twice since I posted this, but it eventually hangs again.

kbrahm, Jul 8, 2016
  7. kbrahm Win User
    Good idea. I've been using the Network area in Quick Access which seems to work too.

kbrahm, Jul 8, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

There is a Registry fix that you can do. Doing a System Restore does not always fix it, because it depends on what is exactly causing the issue. Could be an update that Microsoft pushed out, could be any third party security software that you are using, or it could just be the problem that Home Group has had for a long time, that if you make any major changes on one machine, even reinstalling the network drivers or repair the OS. One of the other machines on the network gets lost and still associates the security key with a non-existent device.

bro67, Jul 9, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Homegroup Pictures Library "Working on it" - Similar Threads - Homegroup Pictures Library

2. Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date: HOw do we undo the latest windows update to fix problems with pictures library? Pictures uploaded from camera always went into pictures library in folders by date taken. Now they just all go in individually---no folders--disaster when you're looking for picturees by...
  3. Windows 10 Homegroup

Windows 10 Homegroup: How do I get to my Homegroup in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-homegroup/13269ef9-240e-4410-b5d7-937285b38ef2
  4. Win 10 music and picture libraries

Win 10 music and picture libraries: How do I get info to use the music and picture libraries in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-music-and-picture-libraries/df2b533d-5a31-4a32-b30a-e3f0e320c3ee"
  5. Personal Folders & Libraries Missing in Homegroup

Personal Folders & Libraries Missing in Homegroup: I can never catch a break with this feature of Windows, seriously... Example of the "Personal" folders/libraries I am talking about (NOT from my computer): [img] My computer (only "Shared" folders/libraries show up): [img] Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 Homegroup Not Working

Windows 10 Homegroup Not Working: I have read through many of the posts and there does not seem to one that has a solution that works for me. 2 laptops connected wirelessly. One desktop computer connected via wired Ethernet. All computers are in the same workgroup. All computers can see each other on the...
  7. Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library: Hi all. I was experiencing an issue with my windows desktop where an account was acting funny while logging in. (This is not the issue I'm asking for help with.) After looking at a few fixes I gave up on the issue and decided to create a new user account and simply...
  8. Possible to share a Library w/o homegroup?

Possible to share a Library w/o homegroup?: Finally found a use for a library. Can create it locally, but there's no share context. Can not use homegroup. Is shared/public library even possible? 24918
  9. Add or Remove Pictures Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pictures Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pictures Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Pictures Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. The C:\Users\<user...
  10. Add or Remove Saved Pictures Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Saved Pictures Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Saved Pictures Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Saved Pictures Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. The...