Windows 10: Windows 10 & Hotmail account

Discus and support Windows 10 & Hotmail account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Just loaded Windows 10, And it seems to want to link to a Microsoft account (eg Hotmail.com). Thing is that when i shut down and then start up... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by billt4g, Dec 27, 2015.

1. billt4g Win User

Windows 10 & Hotmail account

Hi,

Just loaded Windows 10, And it seems to want to link to a Microsoft account (eg Hotmail.com). Thing is that when i shut down and then start up again it then insists on my Hotmail password to logon. What I want is to turn this off. I want to logon without a password. How can i do this??

:)

billt4g, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Time Lady Win User

The emails on my laptop aren't syncing; I get the error code 0x80c80586.

If the problem is with a hotmail account then it looks like your account has been upgraded to the new sync protocol, this means deltasync no longer works.

You'll have to delete the account & recreate it. If syncing of your hotmail's contacts & calendar is important to you it is recommended to use the inbuilt Win 10 email app if you're not already.

Time Lady, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Hexaae Win User
    Strange message in Windows 10 Calendar App

BTW, I've noticed there's another source of confusion in the Calendar logic:

if in your first installation of Windows 10 you do not add an account to Calendar, this last one will create by itself a "Microsoft" account based on your Windows 10 login account, that has nothing to do with your other "Hotmail" account and calendar (even
    if it has the same identical login and pass of your Windows 10 account of course)...

In other words I've seen Calendar will auto-generate on first run a (dummy?) "Microsoft" calendar, even if there is no account defined for Mail & Calendar by the user yet... When the user will add its Hotmail account, Calendar will show Microsoft calendar
    + Hotmail calendar (!??)

What a mess...

Hexaae, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 27, 2015
  5. PJLLB Win User
    PJLLB, Dec 27, 2015
  6. billt4g Win User
    billt4g, Dec 28, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Bill. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 & Hotmail account - Similar Threads - Hotmail account

2. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  3. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  4. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...: My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! I need both accounts, to be separate. How can I access my hotmails please? Also there is no search function....
  6. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...: My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! I need both accounts, to be separate. How can I access my hotmails please? Also there is no search function....
  7. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

8. Far too much junk with my current hotmail username, I need to change accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Far too much junk with my current hotmail username, I need to change accounts: I have been a Hotmail user for at least 25 years. Unfortunately I cannot keep up with the barrage of junk mail no matter how often I block senders, report them as phishing or scams, more keeps coming in. I have a desktop windows 11 PC and 1 surface laptop 15 inch which I...
  9. Far too much junk with my current hotmail username, I need to change accounts

Far too much junk with my current hotmail username, I need to change accounts: I have been a Hotmail user for at least 25 years. Unfortunately I cannot keep up with the barrage of junk mail no matter how often I block senders, report them as phishing or scams, more keeps coming in. I have a desktop windows 11 PC and 1 surface laptop 15 inch which I...
  10. My Hotmail account is under attack - can someone help?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Hotmail account is under attack - can someone help?: My Hotmail account appears to be under attack by someone using a VPN. I have changed my password and done other things. My husband said its strange that my account is getting this many pings, saying it's probably a DNS attack. Can you please tell me how to stop this??? It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hotmail account