Windows 10: Windows 10, how to get the "settings" folder back on the start windows pull down?

Discus and support Windows 10, how to get the "settings" folder back on the start windows pull down? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to put the "settings" back on the drop down box of Windows tot he left of the screen!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thruwu2, Jul 7, 2018.

1. thruwu2 Win User

Windows 10, how to get the "settings" folder back on the start windows pull down?

How to put the "settings" back on the drop down box of Windows tot he left of the screen!

:)

thruwu2, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10, how to get the "settings" folder back on the start windows pull down?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, how to get the "settings" folder back on the start windows pull down? - Similar Threads - settings folder start

2. How to get back screenshot folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back screenshot folder: Hi,fn + Win + Prt sc combination will take screenshots right.First it used to save in Desktop/Screenshots folder. Probably I have moved it from Pictures/Screenshots to Desktop which I don't remember when I did.Now I deleted Desktop/Screenshots when I was doing backup. After...
  3. How to get back screenshot folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back screenshot folder: Hi,fn + Win + Prt sc combination will take screenshots right.First it used to save in Desktop/Screenshots folder. Probably I have moved it from Pictures/Screenshots to Desktop which I don't remember when I did.Now I deleted Desktop/Screenshots when I was doing backup. After...
  4. How to get back my User folder on Desktop Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get back my User folder on Desktop Windows 10?: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have mistakenly deleted the 'User' folder from my desktop and it got permanently deleted without anything going into Recycle Bin. How do I get it back? I know the 'create new shortcut and paste directory address' method but it...
  5. How to get back my User folder on Desktop Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back my User folder on Desktop Windows 10?: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have mistakenly deleted the 'User' folder from my desktop and it got permanently deleted without anything going into Recycle Bin. How do I get it back? I know the 'create new shortcut and paste directory address' method but it...
  6. How to get back my User folder on Desktop Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows File Explorer is easy to navigate and comes with so many interesting […] This article How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. how do i get back windows 10 start page.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get back windows 10 start page.: Hi, somehow I lost my windows 10 start page. the menu disappeared and the icons are all over the in no particular order. Does anyone know how I can fix it. Thank you...
  9. Get back the original windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get back the original windows 10 start menu: After the Anniversary update Windows 10 Start menu looks cluttered. I like things to the minimal. Is there a way to revert back to the previous windows 10 menu? 60549
  10. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...