Windows 10: Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy

Discus and support Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; rczgCmoNSSE 24344 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mousegolf, Sep 27, 2015.

1. mousegolf Win User

Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy

[youtube]rczgCmoNSSE[/youtube]

:)

mousegolf, Sep 27, 2015
  2. geo8rge Win User

When I open the camera app to take a picture it demands I change privacy settings, but I do not see the camera app in the apps listed.

I click on the Microsoft Windows camera app.

The camera app windows I am used to seeing appears but there is an error: 'We Need Your Permission' some other text and a but that says Privacy Settings.

I click Privacy Settings.

Let apps use my camera is ON.

Camera is not in the list of apps below.

How can I regain use of my cameras?

I am using up to date windows 10 and a Dell Venue Tablet.

geo8rge, Sep 27, 2015
  3. change windows 10 privacy setting it does really work?

for those who care about personal privacy

I'm sure you're already turn everything off in your privacy setting

but the question is;

keep everything off it does really fixed the privacy issue in windows 10?

and there is anyway to tested it? or it's all related to having faith it does?

well there is a lot debate around that specific topic

some people say that windows 10 privacy setting it's enough..!!

some people say that windows 10 privacy setting doesn't do anyting at all...!!!

some people say that windows 10 privacy setting in off mode

it won't guarantee to the users 100% regain of their privacy..!!!

so what are your thoughts?

are you satisfied with the current windows 10 privacy options ?

do you really believe that turning everything off

will stop Microsoft to collecting your personal data?

if yes?! how you can possible know for sure?

ps Microsoft employees you're not allowed to post any comments in here

<removed- CoC violation>

Whateverrr, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Interesting video, I wonder if he has one on how to regain your sanity?

Mystere, Sep 27, 2015
  5. *DohI saw one report when 10 was first out about the express and custom settings accusing MS of sharing your bandwidth to pass along Windows updates and other things. Subsequently a reputble source came out with this report. No, Microsoft is not spying on you with Windows 10 | ZDNet

I generally don't subscribe to rumor mills however and would advise against rushing to make any registry changes just because someone in any YouTube video says you need to! *Rolleyes Who will end up being the gullible fool and trashing their 10 install first? *Eek

Night Hawk, Sep 27, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Agreed. Microsoft should have included a one-button toggle where users can make the features that impact privacy default to opt-in, not opt-out. And not make things that do have privacy implications (like Cortana) so integrated into the system where removing it is difficult.

As it stands, those who do care about privacy and data collecting have to wade through privacy policies and settings in order to try and figure out what data is or isn't being data collected and how it impacts their right to privacy. And even after doing all that, they still can't be certain they've found all necessary settings. People have paid for Windows, they shouldn't have to be concerned about whether or not they can trust their Operating System.

Do you mean like the settings shown at 4:57 in the vid?:

Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy [​IMG]

ARC1020, Sep 27, 2015
  7. There was one blog on 10 that pointed to the Express an Custom settings you come to during the final set up stage when either seeing the upgrade or clean install take place. You can go back in of course at any time to make adjustments like turning all of them off on the first custom screen while leaving the four on the second screen on. The first allows for 3rd party as well as MS there!

Night Hawk, Sep 27, 2015
  8. mousegolf Win User

Yet you are a member of a forum which in many cases has subjective experiences expressed in many topics. Rumors spring from both conjecture and subjective experiences. So be careful not to become a "rumor monger" when something is posted that fits neatly into your "belief system". *Nerd

You're not alone, many folks glean something that "feels good" from the Internet and stop their investigations right then and there.

Best adage: "look at both sides of the coin before coming to a conclusion"

mousegolf, Sep 28, 2015
  9. I;ve been known to dig much deeper into things in order to get fact rather then fiction when the genuine information is there to be found! But there is quite a bit of tensions building for sure on how MS is has not only been seeing 10 downloaded to systems where someone had reserved their copy but reports of others who didn't finding 10 ready to install has many up is arms. They feel as if MS is forcing 10 onto people regardless if wanted or not.

Now there's an area where MS will likely end up seeing a lot flack coming in their direction since one complaint ends up generating concerns by others who in turn pass those along. The problem of course is the new method by which MS plans to see upgrades come in the same manner as the usual Windows updates and not simply see something like the 10 app bring you to a page where you then have the option to select the correct edition for an upgrade but automatically have it ready to download if you have things set strictly for automatic and not the notify me but let me choose when or never options.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - How-to Regain Your Privacy - Similar Threads - Regain Privacy

2. How to regain locked email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to regain locked email: Hello my email it is locked. I cant remember my password and when I choose forgot my password the only available option it gaves me is the same email adress which is locked how I will be able to regain it please?...
  3. How to regain locked email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to regain locked email: Hello my email it is locked. I cant remember my password and when I choose forgot my password the only available option it gaves me is the same email adress which is locked how I will be able to regain it please?...
  4. How to regain locked email

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to regain locked email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to regain access to my desktop folder after unlinking onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to my desktop folder after unlinking onedrive: Disclaimer: I am not one of the people who care enough to understand one drive. I think of it as making a double backup somewhere I designate. That is the only utility. It should not interfere with my main storage upon unlinking it.The folder I had selected was on an external...
  7. How to regain access to my desktop folder after unlinking onedrive

How to regain access to my desktop folder after unlinking onedrive: Disclaimer: I am not one of the people who care enough to understand one drive. I think of it as making a double backup somewhere I designate. That is the only utility. It should not interfere with my main storage upon unlinking it.The folder I had selected was on an external...
  8. How to regain access to the life-time Home & Student 2019 subscription, in the given scenario?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to the life-time Home & Student 2019 subscription, in the given scenario?: Hello,I have used outlook credentials to redeem a Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 version using a passcode bought at Costco.Its been about 2 years the outlook account used was locked for some unknown reason. Since, Multi Factor Authentication wasn't setup, I am facing a...
  9. How to regain access to the life-time Home & Student 2019 subscription, in the given scenario?

How to regain access to the life-time Home & Student 2019 subscription, in the given scenario?: Hello,I have used outlook credentials to redeem a Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 version using a passcode bought at Costco.Its been about 2 years the outlook account used was locked for some unknown reason. Since, Multi Factor Authentication wasn't setup, I am facing a...
  10. How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ?: Hi, I want to disable all crap telemetry in Windows 10 including: Windows 10 Keylogger, Cortana, adds and unecessary apps from the start menu Disable\prevent Microsoft from accessing my files stored locally on my PC to prevent them accessing my confidential files Which...