Windows 10: Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen)

Discus and support Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; windows 10 HP Pavilion 15- n259Tx ( Can't type Password in login screen) I am facing this issue that I can't type Password in login screen in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NavyServer, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen)

windows 10 HP Pavilion 15- n259Tx ( Can't type Password in login screen)

I am facing this issue that I can't type Password in login screen in windows 10.

When I press key to enter password nothing happened. Password field is blank, it is not detecting keystrokes.

I ran chkdsk /f and /r , no issue found. I ran through safe mode and then i was able to enter password. But when I again tried to login normally I couldn't enter password.

Later I did factory reset by pressing f11 key (using HP recovery manager) which wiped everything and from windows 10 it got restored to original windows 8.

So now in windows 8 during first login I entered password and it worked.

I restarted my system and Woah same problem again. I couldn't enter password.

HELP ME PLEASEEEEEE!!

:)

NavyServer, Jul 22, 2016

2. start up issue

Since I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10, my HP laptop showing HP login page with windows user name and password request instead of Windows login page. After entering password going to windows login page.Please help me to get rid of HP login page at
    start up.

Your help in this issue is much appreciated

VARGHESEbk, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 login won't work

I can't sign in to my HP Pavilion G6 because the Windows 10 login screen won't recognise my password. I followed the instruction to change my password via account.live.com and can login to my microsoft account using the new password on another PC but my
    laoptop (or the Windows 10 on it) refuses to c-operate.

Has anyone else had this problem?

ChrisHoult4, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen)

Can you access the onscreen keyboard? There should be a 3quarter circle with the rest a dotted line to access the accessibility mode under Win 10 but not sure under Win 8. That should allow you to enter the password.

Bastet, Jul 23, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Are all your drivers updated?
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Can you go back into Safe Mode, and create another user account (admin level), then remove the password from your existing account?
    Could be that the user account is corrupted, or drivers need to be updated.

If you can consistently log into the new account, you might move all your data over to it, then delete the problem one.

Another thing to try is go into Device Manager, delete the keyboard, right click on the computer name and search for new hardware, and let Windows reinstall the keyboard. Do this after you've updated all your drivers, including BIOS.

simrick, Jul 23, 2016
  6. johncw Win User
    I had same problem where, after my HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 was in sleep mode for awhile, I was unable to enter my PIN or password to log back in (pressed keys, but nothing happened). Only way I could log back on was to restart computer, which meant losing unsaved data. After spending a couple of hours with HP support, which did not resolve the problem, I starting pressing various keys and key combinations while I tried to log on over a period of several days. I finally stumbled upon pressing and holding down the Windows Key while entering my PIN. This has worked for me ever since I discovered this solution. Hope it works for you!

johncw, Jul 28, 2016
  7. gokul Win User
    did u fix it i have same problem in both 10 and 8.1

gokul, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen)

1. Windows 10 HP (Can't enter password in login screen) - Similar Threads - Can't enter password

2. Can't sign-in to Windows 10. When I enter the password it goes back to the login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign-in to Windows 10. When I enter the password it goes back to the login screen.: When I try to enter in my password, it goes back to the login screen. I’m not able to remove the password because I’m not able to get pass the login screen. Please help! * Changed to a question* Original title: Help!...
  3. Can't sign-in to Windows 10. When I enter the password it goes back to the login screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign-in to Windows 10. When I enter the password it goes back to the login screen.: When I try to enter in my password, it goes back to the login screen. I’m not able to remove the password because I’m not able to get pass the login screen. Please help! * Changed to a question* Original title: Help!...
  4. Can't sign-in to Windows 10. When I enter the password it goes back to the login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.: Hello,Can anyone help? I have a number of pupils in a class who are very slow at typing and are learning to login, so I need to increase the time they have to complete this. I would like to increase the timeout when someone is typing their username and password so that the...
  6. Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.: Hello,Can anyone help? I have a number of pupils in a class who are very slow at typing and are learning to login, so I need to increase the time they have to complete this. I would like to increase the timeout when someone is typing their username and password so that the...
  7. Windows 10 login timeout when entering password.

8. HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login

HP Windows 10 will not accept password or login: Hello. This notebook is 13 months old and is in good condition. I've had no problems with it until now. I turn it off each night and back on in the morning. I log in using a PIN. This morning it would not accept my PIN nor would it allow me to Reset it. It will also not...
  9. windows 10 can't login with password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 can't login with password: windows 10 can't login with password !!!!! And also de shutdown is missing !!!! windows 10 can't login with password !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-cant-login-with-password/9e5f1ffe-37b7-4a07-b2b9-9290d556c36b
  10. Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen: Split from this thread. PHYSICAL LENOVO KEYBOARD SET TO US ENG....EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE UPGRADE Moderator Note for Clarification: Unable to enter password to login to Windows. This happens after upgrade...