Windows 10: Windows 10; HP Pavillion Laptop, lost password

Discus and support Windows 10; HP Pavillion Laptop, lost password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In addition to a password, it normally just asks for my PIN which I installed at the initial setup. Today I had a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RRob613, Mar 31, 2018.

1. RRob613 Win User

Windows 10; HP Pavillion Laptop, lost password

I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In addition to a password, it normally just asks for my PIN which I installed at the initial setup. Today I had a problem, and when I tried to log in, I was asked for my password. I do not remember giving a password, but I usually just need my PIN. Fortunately when I rebooted, I was only asked for my PIN. Is it possible to find my password, buried deep in system? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

:)

RRob613, Mar 31, 2018

2. Recovery of Microsoft Account, Impossible?

Hello! Please Help.

I am running a Windows 10 Home x64 bit HP Pavillion laptop; I registered this laptop with the email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and now I cannot login to the account. It was a "dummy" account and I had a phone number registered with it but unfournatley the phone that
    was assigned to the account was left unpaid and I lost my number. I dont remember the password and Im stuck.

Moved from: MSN / Accounts, login, and signup / Signing in with my Microsoft account / Windows 10

WanderingWolf, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 licence

Hi,

When i bought my laptop(HP Pavillion), It had windows 10 Home, then i upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store which gave me a digital licence (I don't have a key). I want to know if i format my Laptop and re install windows 10, will my Pro licence
    will be lost?

Jugnu Agrawal, Mar 31, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Rob. *Smile

As long you know one of your sign in credentials, you're good to go to reset it.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
  6. RRob613 Win User
    Thank you Brink. That worked fine. I felt they would ask for my password before I could change it, but they just asked for my PIN.

RRob613, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10; HP Pavillion Laptop, lost password - Similar Threads - Pavillion Laptop lost

2. hp pavillion camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavillion camera: How do I get the camera on my all in one touch screen desk top to pop up? do I have to manually pull it up? I saw a video where you push it down and it pops up on its own, but mine doesn't do that. It only comes up if I pull it up manually. I just want to make sure that it...
  3. hp pavillion camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp pavillion camera: How do I get the camera on my all in one touch screen desk top to pop up? do I have to manually pull it up? I saw a video where you push it down and it pops up on its own, but mine doesn't do that. It only comes up if I pull it up manually. I just want to make sure that it...
  4. HP Pavillion laptop won't boot...

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavillion laptop won't boot...: My grand-daughter has a HP Pavillion laptop which she brought over this morning as it is showing Recovery. It looks as if Windows has not loaded correctly. It then gives a choice of Restart my PC or See Advanced Repair Options. Ive had a quick look through these and tried the...
  5. Screen flickering in HP pavillion laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering in HP pavillion laptop: I have an HP Pavillion laptop but I have an issue regarding screen flickering from a few days ago. the display doesn't flicker at a certain brightness. if I change the brightness level screen start to flicker on battery mode if it is connected to the AC power supply it...
  6. HP Pavillion Laptop will not restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavillion Laptop will not restart: Hi, As far as I can tell, my pc is not having problems accept for one. The laptop simply will not restart. I can push the power button off, then push the button again and it starts perfectly, but a restart will not work. Please help with what to do to solve. Thanks...
  7. Reset HP Pavillion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset HP Pavillion: I am trying to sell my computer so i am trying to factory reset the pc. Everytime i try and reset the pc it leaves me with the message “there was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made.” I dont know why it wont let me reset it and i need to reset it to wipe my...
  8. HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings: HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings: Sleep/Never but computer shuts down and I have to constantly sign back in. Where is there a "shut down" command imbedded that I can't see? How can I fix this? I want the computer to shut down only if I manually do...
  9. Unable to login to my HP Pavillion laptop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login to my HP Pavillion laptop on Windows 10: i uninstalled Bonjour without knowing what it was and then since restarting my laptop I am unable to login as i have no internet connection. I really do not want to reset to factory settings as I have a lot of information on it that is not backed up anywhere. Please help!...
  10. HP Pavillion Troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Pavillion Troubles: Last night my laptop worked perfectly fine. I turned it on when I arrived at home today only to have the Start menu not work, Cortona doesn't work either, my pins to taskbar do not show, as well as the right hand icons (sound, network, etc.) Any suggestions?...