Windows 10: Windows 10 i can't start my cd

Discus and support Windows 10 i can't start my cd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My CD does not start automatic. I have Windows 10. Thank-you!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulaLaPointe, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 i can't start my cd

My CD does not start automatic. I have Windows 10. Thank-you!

:)

PaulaLaPointe, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 i can't start my cd

CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 i can't start my cd

1. Windows 10 i can't start my cd - Similar Threads - can't start

2. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  3. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  4. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  6. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  7. Can't start / open any Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/d3f7f36b-e086-4fde-90ab-34e46bb275b4
  8. Can't start / open any Microsoft programs

Can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/d3f7f36b-e086-4fde-90ab-34e46bb275b4
  9. can't start / open any Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/f1fe0bb1-894a-49ad-9e2d-47aecabaf41a
  10. can't start / open any Microsoft programs

can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/f1fe0bb1-894a-49ad-9e2d-47aecabaf41a