Windows 10: Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN

Discus and support Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just recovered after a Win 10 update disaster. (Thanks to some helpful people on this forum) This version of 10 is a bit different than the previous.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Burt McFirkle, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN

Just recovered after a Win 10 update disaster. (Thanks to some helpful people on this forum) This version of 10 is a bit different than the previous.

The NETPLWIZ solution does not work - the box for for Users Must Enter...etc remains unchecked and the lock screen persists. I do not have security issues,

I want to access my laptop without a password or PIN - I know there is a solution since the DESKTOP system I'm writing this from is Windows 10 which requires neither...

:)

Burt McFirkle, Aug 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN

Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN

1. Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN - Similar Threads - never enter password

2. Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have to have a password to enter Windows?: I dont ewant to have to enter a password to open my computer. Is there a way to bypass the password requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-have-a-password-to-enter-windows/e9a2a6f0-ccbe-449b-a41d-5e8fd138bb3f
  3. I do not want to have to enter a Windows 10 username and password. Google Chrome won't...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to have to enter a Windows 10 username and password. Google Chrome won't...: I am not a techie person and have been frustrated with having to learn a whole new Windows 10 after using it since 1996 with ease. I seem to have at least three problems. The first is that I don't want to have to sign into Windows every time I turn on my computer. I have...
  4. Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .: The caption reads "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" i do not wish to set up a pin. I just want to sign in as i always have. im currently locked out of my desktop due to this after a power...
  5. Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .: The caption reads "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" i do not wish to set up a pin. I just want to sign in as i always have. im currently locked out of my desktop due to this after a power...
  6. I don't want to enter a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want to enter a PIN: No one else lives here. When I turn the computer on I want to go straight to Edge.I was told how to not enter a password with Windows 10. That computer couldn't be fixed except maybe my reinstalling Windows, so here we are....
  7. I don't want to enter a PIN

I don't want to enter a PIN: No one else lives here. When I turn the computer on I want to go straight to Edge.I was told how to not enter a password with Windows 10. That computer couldn't be fixed except maybe my reinstalling Windows, so here we are....
  8. Windows want password not PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows want password not PIN: My olddish laptop has stopped asking for a PIN and now wants a password. I enabled bit locker over 4 years ago and don't know where the rescue key is and I have NO idea what the password is. Why has this happened and how do I fix it?There are no options at the opening screen...
  9. Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password: Recently I have started receiving a message about entering an incorrect password and having to put A1B2C3 before trying again, but I never tried to put a password in to begin with. My computer will 'sleep' and then the message of "too many incorrect tries" appears, Does this...
  10. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.: I now use a LOCAL ACCOUNT to sign in to my computers WITHOUT a pin or password, BUT I get email after email telling me to verify my account. I have blocked, designated as junk, reported them as phishing and they still come everyday. I want to see if I start logging in with my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have to enter password or pin windows 10

2. i never want to have a pin or password