Windows 10: windows 10 ....I want to turn off wifi however when I go to internet connections or network...

Discus and support windows 10 ....I want to turn off wifi however when I go to internet connections or network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 I believe Can't see any wifi toggle on internet connection or sharing centres. Just says connected to ethernet. I know there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by davidstuckey1, Aug 19, 2018.

1. windows 10 ....I want to turn off wifi however when I go to internet connections or network...

I have windows 10 I believe

Can't see any wifi toggle on internet connection or sharing centres. Just says connected to ethernet. I know there is wifi because its connected to my phone. I want to restrict the wifi or wireless so I can use the computer while others sleep better without radiowaves penetrating the house. All it says is connected to ethernet. A bit strange because most phones clearly give you this option.

Thank you

David

:)

davidstuckey1, Aug 19, 2018
  2. rob1618 Win User

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Aug 19, 2018
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Aug 19, 2018
  4. windows 10 ....I want to turn off wifi however when I go to internet connections or network...

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
      –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

lifespan1000, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 ....I want to turn off wifi however when I go to internet connections or network...

1. windows 10 ....I want to turn off wifi however when I go to internet connections or network... - Similar Threads - turn off wifi

2. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  3. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  4. Windows 10 crashes when I go to Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes when I go to Network & Internet: How do I fix this? I used a cmd program to remove some backround services because I thought it will sped up my laptop but since I ran that program the errors started to appear, I resolved the most of them but this one I can't figure it out. Can someone please help me? Thanks....
  5. Windows 10 crashes when I go to Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 crashes when I go to Network & Internet: How do I fix this? I used a cmd program to remove some backround services because I thought it will sped up my laptop but since I ran that program the errors started to appear, I resolved the most of them but this one I can't figure it out. Can someone please help me? Thanks....
  6. Windows 10 crashes when I go to Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I want to connect to a wifi network that doesn't have Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to connect to a wifi network that doesn't have Internet: Using Windows 10, I'm trying to connect to a private wifi network that doesn't have internet access. There's a single web server that I need to access. I can connect to this network using an iPhone and a ChromeBook without any difficulty. But Windows won't allow it. How do I...
  8. Not connected - Connections available, however I am connected to the internet

Not connected - Connections available, however I am connected to the internet: The biggest issue with this is that I can't access anything related to Office 365 and onedrive. Any help files or resources with Word or Excel do not work because of this supposed, no connection. I have tried several fixes, ran network troubleshooting, rebooted, and nothing...
  9. Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi

Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi: My windows recently started showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi. I'm able to browse the internet in browsers like chrome, edge, firefox, etc. but some sites which relay on internet status shown by the system are not working as the system shows no internet....
  10. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, however I do.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, however I do.: Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, as it's never happened, and I've tried everything short of reinstalling Windows 10. About a month ago (I assume this may be due to the recent windows update), Windows tells me that I have no internet connection when, in...