Windows 10: Windows 10 Icon Placement

Discus and support Windows 10 Icon Placement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having trouble placing icons right above the task bar. On my screen there is about an inch or two inches worth of space between the task bar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daxon, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Daxon Win User

Windows 10 Icon Placement

I am having trouble placing icons right above the task bar. On my screen there is about an inch or two inches worth of space between the task bar and the lowest spot on my screen I can place an icon. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

Daxon, Aug 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 Multiple desktops with different icons on the desktop

I would like to reiterate the question:

Windows 10 multiple desktops with different icons on each desktop

A solution is needed that supports virtual desktops for both window management/placement and icon management/placement in windows 10.

The window management is already available in Windows 10, which is appreciated.

The ability to select which icons to place (a.k.a. "make visible") on a given virtual desktop would be an efficiency boost for users.

(BTW - Dexpot does not support Windows 10, and has not seen any update since spring 2016).

Please let the community know about the progress in this matter.

Best regards,

DJ

DirkJackobs, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 desktop icons rearrange after refresh

In my computer, after a fresh install of Windows 10, the icon placement issue begin when I atttach a secundary monitor and removed. After that, with a single monitor, IF the monitor IS turned OFF, when turned ON again windows desktop will restore icon to
    default icon position.

Way I solved:

Deleting (monitor info) everything within:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\

Restart

After that, windows rebuild a single monitor info, and the icon placement issue is gone.

Francisco Carabez, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Daxon Win User

If I need to post a screenshot to show what I mean please let me know.

Daxon, Aug 12, 2015
  5. wpcoe Win User
    I think you can fuss with vertical spacing keys in Registry to adjust things, but what I do as a workaround:

Place another icon above the one that you want to have just above the taskbar. Select both icons (drag the mouse around them so they are both in the highlight) then move them as a group until the top one (the one that you randomly placed at the top) is at the location which is currently the lowest you can place them (i.e. the "inch or two inches" above the task bar). Release your mouse button. The icon you want to place at the bottom is now there, although possibly with the icon text hidden behind the task bar. You can return the other icon (the one at the top of the group you dragged) to its original location.

That sounds confusing, but it's really simple. I'll reword it if I find an easier way to say it!

wpcoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Icon Placement - Similar Threads - Icon Placement

2. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon placement when transferring folders: Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer folders from home to the office computer. Lately, when I transfer a folder from home, the icon for the transferred folder appears in the top left corner of the desktop display, For example see below: I transferred a folder named Danville 1971...
  3. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon placement when transferring folders: Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer folders from home to the office computer. Lately, when I transfer a folder from home, the icon for the transferred folder appears in the top left corner of the desktop display, For example see below: I transferred a folder named Danville 1971...
  4. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.: Everytime I restart it puts them back to where it wants to. Yes I have unchecked "auto arrange icons". I have also attempted to hit F5 to no avail....
  6. Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.

Windows 11 will not remember my icon placement.: Everytime I restart it puts them back to where it wants to. Yes I have unchecked "auto arrange icons". I have also attempted to hit F5 to no avail....
  7. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  8. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  9. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...
  10. Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar

Placement of the taskbar not the icons on the taskbar: I recently installed Windows 11 Home. Is it possible to have the taskbar appear on the right side of the screen? This is how I set up my screen in Windows 10 and I preferred it that way. Since I have not managed to do it so far in Windows 11, I decided to auto-hide the...